Viking Air Transfers

mbtabby

Our Viking air itinerary stated: "Your air itinerary is now ticketed. Your schedule is shown below and includes complementary round trip transfers from the airport to your ship or hotel. Please contact us if you have any questions and a Viking Expert will be happy to assist."
When I called Viking to find out how to arrange the transfers, they advised that since we were on an air deviation, they weren't able to provide transfers. I followed up in writing and was told Viking made a "mistake" in including complementary transportation and there was nothing they could do about it.
Our cruise departs in about two weeks, and this note still appears on my air itinerary page. If I hadn't followed up, I would have expected a Viking rep to meet us at the airport.
I am very disappointed in Viking's unwillingness to step up and at a minimum, offer as a credit. Has anyone else encountered this situation.

You were never entitled to the transfers in the first place.

Someone made a mistake and included the verbiage that you get transfers.  It was acknowledged as a mistake.

And you now want Viking to give you credits for the transfers that you were never entitled to in the first place.

Have I got this right?

• Like 1

If you have a deviation on both sides of your cruise, then there has never been transfers offered. 

However, if you extended it only at the end of your cruise, then you do have a transfer at the beginning of your cruise.

The Viking agent you booked with, should have told you.

Is it just me, or is FlyTalker getting annoying?  Just asking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

I mean if you cannot answer a question, why reply?

To get the situation clarified?  Sorry if straight talk and reality don't fit the happy mood.

Maybe I should just allow a return to blissful ignorance of facts.

• Like 1

Had the same thing happen. I had the information about included transfers appear in MVJ for our upcoming cruise too - which has a deviation at both ends. I wasn’t expecting transfers but I saw that specific information and wondered if they had changed the policy? So I called Viking - Was told the same thing - oh sorry. There are no transfers. Seems Viking is not very careful about the canned wording they post. 

5 hours ago, mbtabby said:
Our Viking air itinerary stated: "Your air itinerary is now ticketed. Your schedule is shown below and includes complementary round trip transfers from the airport to your ship or hotel. Please contact us if you have any questions and a Viking Expert will be happy to assist."
When I called Viking to find out how to arrange the transfers, they advised that since we were on an air deviation, they weren't able to provide transfers. I followed up in writing and was told Viking made a "mistake" in including complementary transportation and there was nothing they could do about it.
Our cruise departs in about two weeks, and this note still appears on my air itinerary page. If I hadn't followed up, I would have expected a Viking rep to meet us at the airport.
I am very disappointed in Viking's unwillingness to step up and at a minimum, offer as a credit. Has anyone else encountered this situation.

Requesting an air deviation does not provide transfers to/from the port, which has been the Viking standard since we first checked them out.

Your Pax Statement under itinerary should list the dates of flights, embarkation, disembarkation and whether transfers are included. Normally once you request a deviation, you receive an updated statement with the transfers removed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mbtabby said:

No because i carefully read about the difference between Viking Air, Viking Air Plus, Air Deviation and what is included in the Pre or Post Extensions as well as inquiring about the cost of Viking transfers if i do our own air arrangements.

8 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Requesting an air deviation does not provide transfers to/from the port, which has been the Viking standard since we first checked them out.

Your Pax Statement under itinerary should list the dates of flights, embarkation, disembarkation and whether transfers are included. Normally once you request a deviation, you receive an updated statement with the transfers removed.

I have a very good Viking agent that issues a new Guest Statement every time I add, subtract, change something or make a payment.  I keep printing the new one and tearing up the old in my file.

• Like 1

This is my first time using Viking Air and we have transfers. I am still unfamiliar with how this works since people should be arriving at the destination airport all different times of the morning and afternoon. Will they inform us of the process closer to departure time or should I contact Viking directly now?

2 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

I have a very good Viking agent that issues a new Guest Statement every time I add, subtract, change something or make a payment.  I keep printing the new one and tearing up the old in my file.

That is also our experience. I keep all electronic versions, so I can track all changes from the beginning and print the final version just prior to the cruise.

32 minutes ago, miami mama said:

This is my first time using Viking Air and we have transfers. I am still unfamiliar with how this works since people should be arriving at the destination airport all different times of the morning and afternoon. Will they inform us of the process closer to departure time or should I contact Viking directly now?

If any special arrangements are required, you would be notified, otherwise once you pick up your bags look out for the Viking employees in red. Since you book Viking Air, they know when you arrive.

3 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

That is also our experience. I keep all electronic versions, so I can track all changes from the beginning and print the final version just prior to the cruise.

Me too. It’s. It uncommon for me to have as many as 9 iterations of a single booking

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, miami mama said:

There will be a Viking rep at the airport, look for the red scarves and Viking logo. They will know what flight you are on and will be looking out for you, your final ticket pack includes luggage labels and stickers you can put on yourselves (we don't bother, but if you  are uncertain about it all they will help Viking pick you out of the crowd) 

Passengers are transfered to the ship in batches, you may be asked to wait in a seating area for a short time. You have to get your bags to the bus yourselves, after that Viking look after them and deliver them to your room on the ship. 

Directions and instructions are included in the final pack, with the labels. These cover where the reps will be, and what to do if you have to make your own way to the ship (unlikely, but good to know) or your flight is delayed. 

The red leather labels can be used when your bags are in the airline system, don't attach the white plastic room number ones until after you've reclaimed your bags, but before handing them over to Viking. 

• Like 2