Testing Positive after 17 days

beachfanatic

Looking for any stories from people who were allowed to board with documentation after still testing positive after 17 days.  What did you need to bring?

What was the process.  Did you check your luggage first?  What would have happened if not allowed to board?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yes,   wondering if anyone had the situation where they've recovered from covid but still testing positive after 17 days.   And were able to board with a doctor's note.   We've been told we could test positive for months afterward but are certainly no longer able to pass the virus.  

1 minute ago, beachfanatic said:

Yes,   wondering if anyone had the situation where they've recovered from covid but still testing positive after 17 days.   And were able to board with a doctor's note.   We've been told we could test positive for months afterward but are certainly no longer able to pass the virus.  

Understood.  I agree with the comment about Rapid vs PCR test 

48 minutes ago, beachfanatic said:

I'm losing track of all the cruise lines and rules, but I believe that if you can't provide a negative test, you aren't boarding. Period. There might be an exception, but you would need to contact the cruise line for advice.

• Like 1

I would be interested in other comments also, with that said, Holland America states the following in their Q and A...

"Exceptions may apply for fully vaccinated asymptomatic guests that have tested positive for COVID-19 in the 90 days prior to embarkation, and are fully recovered. Guests will need to provide a letter of recovery from their doctor and, laboratory test results that are not older than 90 days.

This is from the Princess site today:

Guests will need to provide a letter of recovery from their doctor and, laboratory test results that were taken at least 10 or more days prior to embarkation, and not older than 90 days.

You’ll need to provide a doctor’s note and your positive test result.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, beachfanatic said:

You must be fully vaccinated also. Read the Princess quote from poster Hooperk.

It is possible to test positive 120 days after infection…even if fully recovered and asymptomatic..If this is your case, you need your documentation of your original positive test and a letter from your doctor that you have recovered. 

More of the testing confusion.  I did not know people could still test positive many many days after recovery.

In your case, I understand you knew you had it, recovered 2 weeks ago and still positive.

Makes me wonder if people who are testing positive now and asymptomatic really had it, had no idea, and still testing positive like yourself

OR

really have it now and contagious…..

Surely a doctor letter will be sufficient for you.

I have said this many times - I get so anxious to test for travel.  Have a test coming to board on 11th 🤞🏻

16 minutes ago, gardenbunny said:

More of the testing confusion.  I did not know people could still test positive many many days after recovery.

In your case, I understand you knew you had it, recovered 2 weeks ago and still positive.

Makes me wonder if people who are testing positive now and asymptomatic really had it, had no idea, and still testing positive like yourself

OR

really have it now and contagious…..

Surely a doctor letter will be sufficient for you.

I have said this many times - I get so anxious to test for travel.  Have a test coming to board on 11th 🤞🏻

If you are worried, grab a $12 rapid test 😀

• Like 2

Holland America has told us that documents will be reviewed before we board.

We are just hoping that our medical viewed rapid test 48 hours before we board on February 13th will be negative.  If not we will be prepared with our documentation.

I can remember cruising being simpler

Wish us luck..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Thats what she said

I ordered and received my “free” government tests (and was sent the USA Abbott Binax! vs the China ones!).  Seriously thought about using them the morning of the cruise, the 11th, but getting CVS test on 10th so hoping I will be negative.  I have a slight paranoia over the testing 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

I ordered and received my “free” government tests (and was sent the USA Abbott Binax! vs the China ones!).  Seriously thought about using them the morning of the cruise, the 11th, but getting CVS test on 10th so hoping I will be negative.  I have a slight paranoia over the testing 😂

I received the iHealth tests from the government. Your Binax tests likely say OTC on the front of the box and cannot be used for travel, as they are not proctored. You need the Binax test that says Rx only on the front of the box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crawford said:

I received the iHealth tests from the government. Your Binax tests likely say OTC on the front of the box and cannot be used for travel, as they are not proctored. You need the Binax test that says Rx only on the front of the box.

Thanks.  Yes.  There were a lot of letters, numbers etc on left bottom corner.  OTC was one of them. Sort of confusing not knowing what I was looking for..

On 2/5/2022 at 8:42 AM, beachfanatic said:

Looking for any stories from people who were allowed to board with documentation after still testing positive after 17 days.  What did you need to bring?

What was the process.  Did you check your luggage first?  What would have happened if not allowed to board?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the most recent information from Princess it looks like you need a copy of your positive test dated no more than 90 days before sailing and a letter of recovery from your doctor. Here’s the latest info from Princess:

67A28AA2-76DC-495D-8BD2-68806B45684D.thumb.png.580529440e59a3ad98a8d8c613eae434.png