COVID test at the port for International guests

Jacob Cavalier

I booked a test through Celebrity website for a pre cruise test at the port 2 days prior to boarding on the 20th February. Someone pointed out on a Celebrity Facebook page that you may not be allowed access if it isn’t your sailing day. I emailed the test centre and am just getting an automated reply directing me to Celebrity. You could be hours on the phone to Celebrity! Has anyone actually had a test at the port like this before boarding day? I’m travelling from the Uk and staying 3 nights pre cruise in Fort Lauderdale and don’t want to check out of my hotel on Sunday and do a test dock side at the last minute only to find I’m positive! I’d like to have something pre booked for peace of mind. 

2 hours ago, Jacob Cavalier said:

I booked a test through Celebrity website for a pre cruise test at the port 2 days prior to boarding on the 20th February. Someone pointed out on a Celebrity Facebook page that you may not be allowed access if it isn’t your sailing day. I emailed the test centre and am just getting an automated reply directing me to Celebrity. You could be hours on the phone to Celebrity! Has anyone actually had a test at the port like this before boarding day? I’m travelling from the Uk and staying 3 nights pre cruise in Fort Lauderdale and don’t want to check out of my hotel on Sunday and do a test dock side at the last minute only to find I’m positive! I’d like to have something pre booked for peace of mind. 

There is a sticky thread at the beginning about this.  You need to test to fly.  The problem is you could easily be exposed during your flight day and the 3 nights in FLL.  Truly a roll of the dice.

The good thing is you can test at almost any drug store in the US for free.  Do an internet search.  Am confused as to does it matter if you test positive the day you arrive in the US or the day of your cruise?  Either way if positive you would need to quarantine at your expense and would not be cruising.

Last week we good friends got together and all got sick.  One of us tested positive the other 3 negative twice.  2 days later 1 positive so you never know.

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

My understanding is that port testing is for people embarking that day. If you want to test beforehand, you should locate another test.

Although testing is provided (for a price) at disembarkation for those Celebrity pax flying home internationally FROM the U.S., I hadn't heard that anyone (U.S. residents or foreign nationals flying TO the U.S.) was being supplied with testing at the port for embarkation.  Did I miss half of the port testing equation here?  Thought I was keeping up, but...

9 hours ago, Jacob Cavalier said:

? I’m travelling from the Uk and staying 3 nights pre cruise in Fort Lauderdale and don’t want to check out of my hotel on Sunday and do a test dock side at the last minute only to find I’m positive! I’d like to have something pre booked for peace of mind. 

Why not take some LFTs with you for your peace of mind 

11 hours ago, RichYak said:

It’s news to me as well. 

News to me too. I was tested getting off the Edge on Sunday for my flight back to Canada. They are only there from 7 30 to 9 30. Not for embarkation. 

The reason I’d like the test earlier than the day of cruise is that if I test positive on Friday or Saturday I’d still be in my hotel and could possibly stay there if positive. If I test positive dock side half an hour before check in Id be standing there with my cases looking for somewhere to stay. Because I’m staying 3 night pre cruise in Fort Lauderdale my test to fly from the Uk will have expired. 

From the FAQ's

What testing options are available for International Guests arriving to the US?

Home-test Kits are available for purchase for fully vaccinated guests. This test kit will be delivered anywhere in the United States*, including your pre-cruise hotel, within three business days following your order date. For the best shipping experience, we recommend placing your order at least a full week before the day you plan to take your test. Test kits are available for $69.99** for a 2-pack or $99.99** for a 3-pack. Test results from these kits are typically received within about 15 minutes. here.

*A United States address, and a credit card issued by a Financial Institution in the United States will be required to purchase these test kits. If you need assistance, please email support@store.optum.com or call (855) 946-4463.

**The cost for COVID-19 test kits may be covered by your health insurance plan.  Please check with your insurance provider for coverage benefits.

Onsite Cruise Port Testing (Limited Availability) – If you are unable to arrange testing on your own, a limited amount of on-site testing appointments will be available at the cruise port for International Guests Only. The cost for onsite testing starts at $99 per person. You must register for onsite testing in advance. Please chose the appropriate link for your departure port below to complete your purchase and registration.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida         https://bioreference.force.com/cel

For questions regarding on-site testing in Fort Lauderdale please contact, patientportal@bioreference.com  (888) 279-0967. (Onsite Cruise Port Testing is not available for ships embarking in Port Everglades Terminal 29.)

Miami, Florida                         https://gsign.me/xmw

Tampa, Florida                       https://gsign.me/yar

For questions regarding on-site testing in Miami or Tampa please contact, Cruise@covidtestingllc.com (407) 725-8518.