Edge Sunset Veranda

Hawkstar33

Has anyone sailed in one of these cabins?   I was wondering if there were any noise, or vibration issues, being all the way in the back of the ship?    Or anything you may want to share, please????    Or was it the best ever?   

We were on Apex last November in a SV stateroom on deck 11. Beautiful room and very little noise or traffic. There was some vibrations from the engine however, we didn’t recognize it after about 3 days. It was especially noticeable while sleeping.

We would NOT hesitate to book another SV on an E class ship.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Poconolady said:

Very little motion, but we did notice some soot, we kept a washcloth  on the deck and wiped down the chairs before sitting. Also, many SV  cabins on Apex have lounge chairs on the balcony.

Would be great to have a lounge chair.   Soot not so much..Ty for the tip

13 hours ago, jwlane said:

We've been in 3 different SV's (decks 12, 11 & 7) on Apex since July---can't imagine anywhere that could be better.  Totally quiet, very little traffic.

Deck 7 is supposed to be the largest (middle).  When you were on 12, did you notice it to be smaller?

We just got off the Apex deck 12 aft S1 corner yesterday.  The noise from the aft ocean view cafe above was annoying when people kept dragging their chairs as they moved them from breakfast thru dinner. I will never do deck 12 again aft.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Thanks 1

Just recently sailed Apex SV deck 9.  I felt vibrations, mostly at night. I think the intensity depended on how fast we were sailing or wind/weather related. I could also faintly hear music from Eden which sometimes went well into the night.  I didn’t like these things but for me the positives of the room outweighed the negatives.  I love the view from an aft cabin and would rebook the same room again. 

31 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

We just got off the Apex deck 12 aft S1 corner yesterday.  The noise from the aft ocean view cafe above was annoying when people kept dragging their chairs as they moved them from breakfast thru dinner. I will never do deck 12 again aft.

But would you do an aft on a lower deck?  I am seriously consider changing from a mid-ship S2 to an aft as I just got notified by my TA one is available on either deck 8 or 10, this is on EDGE.

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

But would you do an aft on a lower deck?  I am seriously consider changing from a mid-ship S2 to an aft as I just got notified by my TA one is available on either deck 8 or 10, this is on EDGE.

We have had an aft balcony room twice.  Several years ago on a Carnival ship and most recently on the Silhouette.  Love aft balconies!  No soot, didn’t notice any vibrations.  No matter what stateroom we choose on any ship we always choose a deck that has staterooms above and below us.  Rarely hear any noise that way, and being in the back of the ship you don’t have foot traffic going by your door.  Here is a video of the view from our Silhouette sunset veranda.  I think the wake is so mesmerizing, and I love watching us leave the ports too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

on 12, did you notice it to be smaller?

1st week was in 12265, 2nd was in 7315---it was more like we noticed 7315 to be bigger!  Both are very roomy, nice open space between the couch and the balcony door. (1st is 11272, 2nd is 7315)

2022-02-04 18.46.05.jpg

2021-07-18 10.31.47.jpg

Edited by jwlane

2 minutes ago, jwlane said:

1st week was in 12265, 2nd was in 7315---it was more like we noticed 7315 to be bigger!  Both are very roomy, nice open space between the couch and the balcony door. (this is 11272)

2022-02-04 18.46.05.jpg

Great. We have Edge booked for 12266 in April

11 minutes ago, jwlane said:

1st week was in 12265, 2nd was in 7315---it was more like we noticed 7315 to be bigger!  Both are very roomy, nice open space between the couch and the balcony door. (1st is 11272, 2nd is 7315)

2022-02-04 18.46.05.jpg

2021-07-18 10.31.47.jpg

Actually I meant the balcony size, not the room size.  😊

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Without hesitation any other deck aft facing as long as it's between decks with cabins.

aft Apex.JPG

apex cabin.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Awesome pics!  Thx

Here are a few more of the bathroom and cabin. Notice the space between the bed and TV wall?  The bathroom had a separate water closet with opaque glass door. Huge tub and shower with rain head, handheld, two wall set of multi spray and the waterfall to fill the tub. Separate makeup table with shelves.  Double sink with lots of shelves both sides.  If you slide the desk extender in, there is a full length mirror.

And another view from our balcony sailing out of Fort Lauderdale

IMO, it was worth the cost difference between S2 and S1 for the view.

IMG_6792.JPG

IMG_6793.JPG

IMG_6795.JPG

IMG_6796.JPG

IMG_6798.JPG

IMG_6802.JPG

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mafig said:

Is this a S1 suite?  Or an SV?  Doesn't the bed face the balcony on S1s?

This was a corner aft facing S1. Some S1's beds face the wall, some the balcony.  This was our fist suite. 

We've done several aft facing AQs on Summit, SV on S class, an aft facing V1 on Azamara and an aft facing cabin on HAL.  I liked the Apex S1 best.

I've been in both 9309 and 10271...love, love, love the Sunset Verandah.  I don't mind the long walk from the stairs; that's how I justify an extra scoop of ice cream at dinner.

When I was in 9309, I asked for a lounger (the balcony furniture was two chairs and a table when I first arrived)...I received two loungers.  And more recently, I had two chairs, two loungers and a table when I arrived.  There is more than enough room for all the furniture and space to walk around.

No soot either sailing.

I just recently had a SV on Reflection...also enjoyed that category on Solstice...and booked on Equinox for a year from now.

Enjoy!

Edited by lola2013

On 2/13/2022 at 11:55 AM, ChucktownSteve said:

Without hesitation any other deck aft facing as long as it's between decks with cabins.

apex cabin.jpg

If anyone who has been in an SV with the bed next to the bath on Edge/Apex could post a photo of the bed taken from by the balcony door area, facing the bath, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen a lot of photos similar to this showing the view from bed to balcony. I'm looking for the view from the balcony to the bed/closet when bed is by bath.

Thanks in advance - Kay