Best Ocean Medallion holder

larrybritt

I detest lanyards. They remind me of work and always seem to be flopping into something. I wear a fitness watch that I don't want to leave behind of vacation and I like my other wrist for bracelets. My husband was able to 3D print a Medallion holder that attaches to my watch band. It was the perfect solution for me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So important. make sure you never have it near any charge cards or any cards with the magnetic strip. The magnets in the medallion will kill them.

Wow! Thank you for that information! I think a wrist band or clip will be our best bet. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You are very, very wrong. There are 4 strong magnets in the medallion.

You must have a different Medallion than any of the ones we even received. They barely can stick to my refrigerator or a piece of sheet metal. 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:41 AM, llarsen said:

Another question if anyone knows...when I ordered our medallions (haven't received them yet) ours are Ruby because we have sailed in the past, my brother in laws was Gold and my sister in laws looks like it will be Blue? Why do they have 2 different colors? 

Color depends on your Captain’s Circle status: Blue, gold, ruby, platinum, elite (black). 

53 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

You must have a different Medallion than any of the ones we even received. They barely can stick to my refrigerator or a piece of sheet metal. 

I do not know what you have. We have ours on the fridge and also use them on the medallion holders sold on ebay which are held on only by the magnets. They do not fall off either.

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I do not know what you have. We have ours on the fridge and also use them on the medallion holders sold on ebay which are held on only by the magnets. They do not fall off either.

All of the Medallions they've given out on the last few years are similar.

They all have very weak magnets - just enough to make them hold in their Medallion bracelet but not strong enough to interfere with pacemakers.  

5 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You are very, very wrong. There are 4 strong magnets in the medallion.

My medallion kept coming out and sticking to the metal on the table edge in the French restaurant.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

All of the Medallions they've given out on the last few years are similar.

They all have very weak magnets - just enough to make them hold in their Medallion bracelet but not strong enough to interfere with pacemakers.  

You are not correct and you should not be telling people that they are week magnets. There are 4 small cobalt magnets around the edge of the medallion. Putting it on the fridge and the edge of the medallion is not even touching the fridge or any other metal for that matter. Ever try putting one by the other? You are very very wrong. I have disassembled the medallion and I know for a fact what is in them. I am sure you do not.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:01 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Take a look on ebay. There are several that are super nice and not expensive at all.

I got these on eBay.

8CCBD93C-3E52-4E15-93AE-23F875C47184_4_5005_c.jpeg

282E563D-8549-4E76-8F3B-6662E2A014C1_4_5005_c.jpeg

Edited by suzyed

13 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You are not correct and you should not be telling people that they are week magnets. There are 4 small cobalt magnets around the edge of the medallion. Putting it on the fridge and the edge of the medallion is not even touching the fridge or any other metal for that matter. Ever try putting one by the other? You are very very wrong. I have disassembled the medallion and I know for a fact what is in them. I am sure you do not.

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree but leave it up to the individual to decide for themselves at to the strength of them. 

I'll continue to give my opinion as will you but in the end I wouldn't rely on them to use in place of a magnet to adhere to much.  

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree but leave it up to the individual to decide for themselves at to the strength of them. 

I'll continue to give my opinion as will you but in the end I wouldn't rely on them to use in place of a magnet to adhere to much.  

Given the dramatically different experiences between the two of you, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you each received a different batch, or maybe cruised at different enough times that there has been a change in the strength of the magnets.  Definitely not something to get worked up about.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Definitely not something to get worked up about.

It isn't unless you're counting on the magnet to hold your Medallion in place so you don't use it. I've read about it happening a few times with some of the aftermarket ones sold on eBay. 

Either way I don't care so much as my husband made our holder and it works perfectly. 

56 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It isn't unless you're counting on the magnet to hold your Medallion in place so you don't use it. I've read about it happening a few times with some of the aftermarket ones sold on eBay. 

Either way I don't care so much as my husband made our holder and it works perfectly. 

Really, what you say can you back it up? Where did you hear about the ones sold on ebay falling off? I would like to read those. Just now you see a few here on CC and they are very happy with them.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Lol oh definitely, I was talking about getting worked up on CC 😉

6 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Really, what you say can you back it up? 

What are you thinking ... cage fight?

Based on many, many posts I have read here, perhaps the best holder for the medallion

is ... the trash can.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

MissP22 says the Medallion falls off. Does yours? 

I have not used the helm one yet..bought it for our next sailing. I used the one with the rhinestones for 11 days on the Sky earlier this year.   The only time I had an issue was when I was seated in the French Bistro onboard and the table had a medal rim around it.  Apparently when the medallion tapped the metal rim it "jumped" off and stuck to the table rim.  Kind of funny...but it just made me aware that it could happen.

Edited by suzyed

Just now, suzyed said:

I have not used the helm one yet..bought it for our next sailing. I used the one with the rhinestones for 11 days on the Sky earlier this year.   The only time I had an issue was when I was seated in the French Bistro onboard and table had a medal rim around it.  Apparently when the medallion tapped the metal rim it "jumped" off and stuck to the table rim.  Kind of funny...but it just made me aware that it could happen.

So the magnet is strong for sure. Maybe a shorter necklace so it does not hit the table or get into the food.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Really, what you say can you back it up? Where did you hear about the ones sold on ebay falling off? I would like to read those. Just now you see a few here on CC and they are very happy with them.

I'm thought with your meaningless posts.

Look it up yourself.