Best Ocean Medallion holder

larrybritt

I have not yet had to use the new ocean medallion. We leave in 3 weeks and have yet to pick a holder. The standard Lanyard will probably be what we at least start with. I assume you can get other options on the ship? My wife is leaning towards the sports band. Just wondering what most people find easiest and best way to carry them around. I was always used to just having my cruise card in my wallet. And then of course when we get off at a port what is best way you have found to keep your medallion safe.

• Like 1

They have a whole area on the ship dedicated to the medallion and will say various items for you to use. I have both the band and the sports clip and love the sports clip.  You can clip in on a pocket, top of your shirt, etc and will forget you even have it on. 

When off the ship we just slip it into our pocket or backpack. 

• Like 2

I bought the sports clip ($10 aboard) and I'm a bit ambivalent about it.  I got in the habit of hanging the medallion on the lanyard on a hook in the cabin with my mask and sunglasses so I'd always remember to take it with me when I left the cabin.  When I shifted to the sports clip, I found that the medallion itself is also magnetic so it sticks to the wall so I don't forget it, but I found the clip to be awkward to actually clip onto a shirt pocket or my belt.  And the clip isn't that strong, so I constantly worried about losing the medallion.  If I just put it in my pocket, I had to remember to take it out again.

When I wore a shirt with a pocket, I'd stick the medallion in the breast pocket with the lanyard around my neck and that seemed to work best. 

So I'm not totally sure what I'll do on my next cruise in April...🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCThunder said:

I bought the sports clip ($10 aboard) and I'm a bit ambivalent about it.  I got in the habit of hanging the medallion on the lanyard on a hook in the cabin with my mask and sunglasses so I'd always remember to take it with me when I left the cabin.  When I shifted to the sports clip, I found that the medallion itself is also magnetic so it sticks to the wall so I don't forget it, but I found the clip to be awkward to actually clip onto a shirt pocket or my belt.  And the clip isn't that strong, so I constantly worried about losing the medallion.  If I just put it in my pocket, I had to remember to take it out again.

When I wore a shirt with a pocket, I'd stick the medallion in the breast pocket with the lanyard around my neck and that seemed to work best. 

So I'm not totally sure what I'll do on my next cruise in April...🤷‍♂️

We purchased the sport clips also and I have concerns that the medallion will not stay in the clip as it is only held in place by some small magnets (or as you mentioned, the medallion itself is a magnet) so it seems to want to come loose quite easy. Once on board, we are going to see if we can get our money back or exchange it for something else or we just may use the free lanyard.

We bought these bracelets on Amazon and have used them on 3 medallion cruises so far. I plan to dig them out and use them again for our upcoming Enchanted. They worked perfectly and came in different colors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U1YASK2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These ones are unavailable but I'm sure there are similar ones that are still available.

* I just looked and these should work 

https://www.amazon.com/Allrun-Replacement-Accessory-Wristband-Bracelet/dp/B01FFYAR4O/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B0171XS6UE&th=1

66A32ECC-E508-4678-885F-ACC0073066A4.thumb.jpeg.b3faa774571bba1721c92511872c2a71.jpeg

Edited by hllwdcruiser
Added a link
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

my parents used the free lanyard, and we used clips we got on Amazon like these:

1912808242_medallionholder.png.b95dab24a664197a09b5878e76b9394b.png

I used the exact same clips from Amazon.  They worked great, kept the medallion in place well and you can either clip it (very strong clip) or just put it in your pocket.

They cost $11 for four and you can have your choice of colors.  You can find them here:

Amazon.com: EverAct Clip Holder Compatible with Fitbit Zip (Set of 4) : Electronics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I use a retractable reel. The holder clips right in and the old logo was covered with a Princess logo. 

Found it. IMHO better than a clip bc I don't have to take it on & off

20220214_080952.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, larrybritt said:

Where did you get the clip?

Got mine at Staples. Under $5

9 minutes ago, Spudd said:

Does anyone have a picture of the free lanyard these days? I know they changed it away from that ugly big square thing, but I don't think I've seen a picture.

This with a skinny white ribbon20220214_084207.thumb.jpg.9d19738e1d607d8dfaa2d89b8628f89c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I like this little holder that slides onto our watch bands. We have used our on multiple cruises and it works great.  

B030095A-B84F-4E8E-A87D-31874BA9E0AF.thumb.jpeg.bc7c45391a22dda83386616c73930c6e.jpeg

I use this also and it does work great.  But I am thinking of ordering those clips in case I don't want to wear my watch for some reason.

I used an Apple Airtag holder I bought on Amazon.

Airtag Holder, Airtag Case, Air tag Holder, Airtag Accessories, Airtag Key Ring, Airtag Keychain, Silicone Airtag Case, 4 Pack – White, Dark Blue, Blue, Black
by Kayfovo
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095PP5WB4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5KA5AZJ80BRWM7PZ47VX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

airtag-holders.jpg

• Like 1