Darn Covid--no Magic Grand Suite for us

keywest1

Woke up yesterday morning feeling headachy with scratchy throat.  Being an armchair hypochondriac, I decided to take a home test to settle my nerves.  Two lovely lines on the test--either I'm pregnant or I have Covid 😖  Our cruise is on Sunday, so it's a no go.  I am obviously sick at this point with fever and nasty cough.

Cancelling with Carnival was easy peasy with future cruise credit to be booked within a year.  Same with flights.  Cruise Control transportation also issued a credit in the amount of my $22 deposit.  BTW, I highly recommend them.  Corey is the best.  I had a one night non-refundable hotel, but that was only around $150 since I booked early.  That is the only money I am out, so travel insurance won't come into play.

I am just thankful this happened before we were onboard.  Being dragged kicking and screaming out of our Grand Suite down to Covid jail in the bowels of the ship would have been more than I could bear 😢  What we paid for the grand suite will certainly book us a porthole on a future cruise.  Oh well, life happens!  And I am vaxxed and boosted, so I am already feeling better this morning🙂

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, keywest1 said:

Woke up yesterday morning feeling headachy with scratchy throat.  Being an armchair hypochondriac, I decided to take a home test to settle my nerves.  Two lovely lines on the test--either I'm pregnant or I have Covid 😖  Our cruise is on Sunday, so it's a no go.  I am obviously sick at this point with fever and nasty cough.

Cancelling with Carnival was easy peasy with future cruise credit to be booked within a year.  Same with flights.  Cruise Control transportation also issued a credit in the amount of my $22 deposit.  BTW, I highly recommend them.  Corey is the best.  I had a one night non-refundable hotel, but that was only around $150 since I booked early.  That is the only money I am out, so travel insurance won't come into play.

I am just thankful this happened before we were onboard.  Being dragged kicking and screaming out of our Grand Suite down to Covid jail in the bowels of the ship would have been more than I could bear 😢  What we paid for the grand suite will certainly book us a porthole on a future cruise.  Oh well, life happens!  And I am vaxxed and boosted, so I am already feeling better this morning🙂

Ask Carnival to do a price lock on a GS! Feel better. I wish we could just double mask and go on with the cruise. Those who.are immunecompromised  should not be travelling. When will the day come where we can just go on with our lives and not isolate with mild symptoms?

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, travelplus said:

Ask Carnival to do a price lock on a GS! Feel better. I wish we could just double mask and go on with the cruise. Those who.are immunecompromised  should not be travelling. When will the day come where we can just go on with our lives and not isolate with mild symptoms?

Maybe we can line up behind the immunocompromised (and others) who keep being told to just stay home so the rest of us can enjoy ourselves

• Like 1

I'm sorry.  This is my fear as well.  Our friend's teenage son just came down with Covid and I was joking that he should come babysit.  That would give us time to get it and get over it before our cruise next month. 

• Like 3

Oh no! This is my worst cruising fear right now (well, besides boarding a ship and THEN getting COVID and going to covid jail).

I test next week for my Mardi Gras cruise and I’m having major anxiety about it.  

Recover quickly, and I hope you can somehow manage that Grand Suite on your future replacement cruise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1kaper said:

I'm sorry.  This is my fear as well.  Our friend's teenage son just came down with Covid and I was joking that he should come babysit.  That would give us time to get it and get over it before our cruise next month. 

Just beware: You can get Covid more than once!

Karen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Oh no! This is my worst cruising fear right now (well, besides boarding a ship and THEN getting COVID and going to covid jail).

I test next week for my Mardi Gras cruise and I’m having major anxiety about it.  

Recover quickly, and I hope you can somehow manage that Grand Suite on your future replacement cruise.

We test next week too.  We  bought the proctored tests,  so we can do them on Thursday before we fly out.  Good luck!  We are vaccinated, boosted, and had covid last September.  Nearly all of our extended family has had covid too.  Anyway, I hope we all make the cruise!

Keywest1, sorry to hear about your positive covid test.  It's better to know before you travel to the port, so it's a good thing you took the test.  I hope you feel better soon.  When we had covid, I just had a sore throat and congestion.  It was over in about a week.  I know people who probably got the new variant and they either had no symptoms or were over it in just a couple of days.

• Like 3