Live from “Just a Regular Cruise” on The Majestic Princess - February 26th

pkt1976

Why “ Just a Regular Cruise” you may ask?  If you didn’t know, this was originally THAT cruise, the Love Boat theme Cruise with plans for the cast of the Love Boat to be onboard with special meals and events. 

One of the groups on the site that shall not be named 🤫  was called The Love Boat cruise…etc ,Unfortunately that changed and has been moved to October 22nd then it changed to “just a regular cruise…” etc which I thought was hilarious. 🤪why yes I’m easily amused ! 

I am excited to sail on the Discovery Princess on the Love Boat cruise October 22nd as well. 

I am also booked for Panama Canal partial transit through the old locks in December.

When the change  happened, passengers were given the option to move their booking to the October cruise at the same price or cancel for a refund. I moved my booking to October and rebooked this cruise because well….. I want to cruise. My work knows if they let me run away from home sometimes I stay happy and keep coming back. It’s worked for the last 9 years so although some of them have….. opinions… on my cruising habit, I love it and can’t wait to step back on board. 

We will see how this goes because I seem to be a crap magnet for injuries as of late. 

I have a neuroma in my right foot… 0/10 would NOT recommend. I’m kinda grounded from some activities to try to let it heal … I really don’t want surgery 😬 

The neighbor’s ankle biting little demon dog bit the back of my leg so I’m having to watch that. 0/10 don’t recommend, it freakin hurt. It’s nice and purple today on the bite and bruising around it. 

oh and I bashed myself in the face with the smoke detector this morning. -5 out of 10 😭the Stupid thing started beeping at 5am because heaven forbid the battery gets low at a decent hour. My first plan was I take a hammer to it but instead I hauled out the step stool, reminding myself to go slow and not fall off it. I hadn’t taken one down yet, and had no coffee in me. Well, it didn’t come off how I thought it would  and I dropped it, and bam, whacked my nose right between the eyes. And yes it really hurt. It looks great already, a lovely gash, a bit of swelling and an impending bruise of doom. I bruise, it’s going to happen …just in time for this cruise, yay me. If I’d taken a hammer to the smoke detector, i would have two injuries and not three…so lesson learned . 😂 

I’m flying down to So Cal tomorrow night and staying with my lovely friends before boarding Saturday. I’m Covid negative, my bags are packed and I will have a great time no matter how many body parts I injure along the way…. But let’s  hope for no more 

I’ve done this itinerary many times but am trying some new things this cruise. Even though this is no longer the Love Boat cruise, I’ve packed some 70s inspired clothing and am looking forward to a great cruise. This will be my 4th time on the Majestic and Im excited for another lovely voyage. 

I’ll make my posts purple.

Im looking forward to seeing ED Duke once again, as well as the lovely Captains circle host (whatever the new name is 😬)  Carla. And of course I’m excited to sail again with Captain Dino Sagani, stud of the 7 seas.

Hopefully Duke sings somewhere along the way, he’s very talented. Maybe we should try to get him to sing at the meet and greet. Just don’t tell him I suggested it🤫I  may get a 4th injury if y’all rat me out 😅 let’s not tell the Captain my nickname for him either, it will be our little secret 😉 

I am also looking forward to meeting CD Natalie and of course Fellow passengers I’ve chatted with the last several months. CD Natalie was the CD on the Diamond Princess when all heck broke loose. People talk highly of her and I can’t wait to meet her. 

My Fellow passengers, please feel free to post your experiences as well and I hope you all have a fabulous vacation

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Level six said:

Have fun!  Sorry about all your mishaps.  

We are boarding March 5th and looking forward to your live updates. 

Its a great ship!  The Hollywood Conservatory and pool are two of my favorite places, and free on this ship

• Like 2

Omg i have clearly lost my mind from the smack to the face, it should be February 26th  🤦🏼‍♀️ Not October 😂

@Host CJSKIDS can you pretty please fix the title for me 😂😂😂

I blame the bash to the face yesterday. Omg wish me luck on this cruise all… at this rate I’ll need it 

• Thanks 1

• Host CJSKIDS changed the title to Live from “Just a Regular Cruise” on The Majestic Princess - February 26th
36 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Omg i have clearly lost my mind from the smack to the face, it should be February 26th  🤦🏼‍♀️ Not October 😂

@Host CJSKIDS can you pretty please fix the title for me 😂😂😂

I blame the bash to the face yesterday. Omg wish me luck on this cruise all… at this rate I’ll need it 

Done!  Enjoy your cruise!  

I board the Regal tomorrow and can’t wait to be back on Princess. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Following…..thanks for taking us along!!! I too love the Hollywood Conservatory and pool on the Majestic. My happy place!

Yes! Love it up there. Awwww cute kitty! These are my boys. The two Siamese boys have disabilities and go to a sitter. The giant orange poof doesn’t like anyone and my friend comes by to check on him as he sulks. The little guy is polydactyl on all four paws. It was sure strange without them last night. 

I also foster for a rescue. I have a little girl kitty with neurological and vision issues I got to evaluate this week, she’s with another foster while I’m away and I’ll get her back to foster when I get home. 

1C645DD2-3856-4ED8-90FC-9F36F005ECA3.jpeg

0A6AEB4F-B001-4DD9-A885-304AF8F17A8F.jpeg

B9794393-05F6-471E-A088-E51528311617.jpeg

2FEF6437-A087-41C5-8925-37C9C9A2D310.jpeg

Edited by pkt1976
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, pkt1976 said:

Yes! Love it up there. Awwww cute kitty! These are my boys. The two Siamese boys have disabilities and go to a sitter. The giant orange poof doesn’t like anyone and my friend comes by to check on him as he sulks. The little guy is polydactyl on all four paws. It was sure strange without them last night. 

I also foster for a rescue. I have a little girl kitty with neurological and vision issues I got to evaluate this week, she’s with another foster while I’m away and I’ll get her back to foster when I get home. 

1C645DD2-3856-4ED8-90FC-9F36F005ECA3.jpeg

0A6AEB4F-B001-4DD9-A885-304AF8F17A8F.jpeg

B9794393-05F6-471E-A088-E51528311617.jpeg

2FEF6437-A087-41C5-8925-37C9C9A2D310.jpeg

They are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos!!! You are obviously a kitty lover like me. I only have one now because the “Princess” doesn’t get get along with other cats (or humans). In the past I’ve had 3 and next time we can adopt/rescue I’m hoping to get 2 or 3. What rescue group do you work with? We have a local one where I live called Fieldhaven and I’m thinking about becoming a volunteer.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, funchic said:

We will be on this cruise. Natalie is awesome! We were quarantined on the Diamond Princess back in 2020 and she sure did help make it bearable. = ) 

If you have a chance can you find out how long she will be on the Majestic? We are scheduled to sail on 4/23 and I’m wondering if she will still be the CD for that sailing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

If you have a chance can you find out how long she will be on the Majestic? We are scheduled to sail on 4/23 and I’m wondering if she will still be the CD for that sailing.

She had just joined the ship when we were on in early February, so she will still be on for your sailing😊

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

They are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos!!! You are obviously a kitty lover like me. I only have one now because the “Princess” doesn’t get get along with other cats (or humans). In the past I’ve had 3 and next time we can adopt/rescue I’m hoping to get 2 or 3. What rescue group do you work with? We have a local one where I live called Fieldhaven and I’m thinking about becoming a volunteer.

I volunteer for Cat Tales Rescue out of Vacaville California. Even if you can’t foster there is so much more to do and something to help with.  I foster but also do social media stuff and help organize our annual fundraiser dinner. 

• Like 3

15A69978-1DD0-4A90-9DFC-4065F0EC4534.thumb.jpeg.a7b006dd0e9310fc48be9476c3db2296.jpegC9CBB482-61FB-49E7-B4CC-C49A680E210C.thumb.jpeg.3fba384fdf444ab231e5e4e0cc2e389c.jpeg
I flew from Sacramento to Santa Ana last night and stayed with friends. She has corgis and I had found the cutest corgi coffee mugs a few months ago I picked up to bring her. 

I changed flights three times leading up to this trip due to cancellations and time changes and for  now the flights are always a concern. I’m lucky to have friends here! I told them I’d be back in October for the Love Boat cruise with hopefully an earlier flight so we have time to hang out. It sure is cold here 😅I did check the weather before leaving fortunately so changed a few clothing items to warmer clothes. 

i hope everyone Gets here safely with no delays. I know a big group met for dinner last night at the Crowne Plaza and I’m sure that was fun!! I posted on the roll call if folks want to go to the Mdr for lunch today to meet me at 12:30, and a group of us solo cruisers have a dinner reservation tonight. 

I was waffling on getting an Enclave Pass and when I decided I’d like one, it wouldn’t let me 🤦🏼‍♀️So I’ll ask onboard. Often though they charge more onboard so we will see. 

My neuroma is already annoyed this morning from all the walking  and standing last night so no dancing on the tables for today at least. 😉

I’ve sailed on this ship and done this itinerary many times, but every time I am still excited to walk onboard and enjoy a holiday on the sea. 

here are a couple of my favorite shots from last year. 

Edited by pkt1976
Autocorrect 🙄
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All aboard! I’m impressed once again at the efficiency of Princess check-in. I boarded the Crowne Plaza shuttle about 45 minutes ago and I’m now awaiting a pizza and glass of Pinot Grigio at (the very busy) Alfredo’s. 

5EC8EBC3-8B55-46A9-9E21-27329D0E1CC3.jpeg

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

All aboard! I’m impressed once again at the efficiency of Princess check-in. I boarded the Crowne Plaza shuttle about 45 minutes ago and I’m now awaiting a pizza and glass of Pinot Grigio at (the very busy) Alfredo’s. 

5EC8EBC3-8B55-46A9-9E21-27329D0E1CC3.jpeg

Looks yummy! Enjoy your cruise!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

15A69978-1DD0-4A90-9DFC-4065F0EC4534.thumb.jpeg.a7b006dd0e9310fc48be9476c3db2296.jpegC9CBB482-61FB-49E7-B4CC-C49A680E210C.thumb.jpeg.3fba384fdf444ab231e5e4e0cc2e389c.jpeg
I flew from Sacramento to Santa Ana last night and stayed with friends. She has corgis and I had found the cutest corgi coffee mugs a few months ago I picked up to bring her. 

I changed flights three times leading up to this trip due to cancellations and time changes and for  now the flights are always a concern. I’m lucky to have friends here! I told them I’d be back in October for the Love Boat cruise with hopefully an earlier flight so we have time to hang out. It sure is cold here 😅I did check the weather before leaving fortunately so changed a few clothing items to warmer clothes. 

i hope everyone Gets here safely with no delays. I know a big group met for dinner last night at the Crowne Plaza and I’m sure that was fun!! I posted on the roll call if folks want to go to the Mdr for lunch today to meet me at 12:30, and a group of us solo cruisers have a dinner reservation tonight. 

I was waffling on getting an Enclave Pass and when I decided I’d like one, it wouldn’t let me 🤦🏼‍♀️So I’ll ask onboard. Often though they charge more onboard so we will see. 

My neuroma is already annoyed this morning from all the walking  and standing last night so no dancing on the tables for today at least. 😉

I’ve sailed on this ship and done this itinerary many times, but every time I am still excited to walk onboard and enjoy a holiday on the sea. 

here are a couple of my favorite shots from last year. 

@pkt1976Love your pics! I hope I can jump on many sailings, like you do, when my ships finally get to Vancouver. Enjoy!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@pkt1976Love your pics! I hope I can jump on many sailings, like you do, when my ships finally get to Vancouver. Enjoy!

Hopefully soon ❤️ If the sunrises and sunsets cooperate 😅I’ll get more cool shots to share ! 

• Like 2

Boarding was quick and easy. I got here about 1145 and was on by noon, even though I had to get my medallion here. 

i had my Normal first lunch in the dining room, bought my non alcoholic drink package, already got my luggage and unpacked!! Muster on the tv is done and I stopped by and scanned at my muster station. I really do like how quick and simple this is now compared to the past

So we have 4 time changes this sailing, two down and two back. 

Also here is my mini bar set up, which is a bit odd, and todays patter. 

we have a group sail away party at 4 so Of I go! 

im meeting up for dinner at 7 but want to see the 8:30 show so will likely not go through all courses. There’s only one Princess theater show tonight. 

and do you see it? Karaoke is back!! Shall I torture my fellow passengers ? 😉😈

706A5EE4-0B65-4FA3-804A-6148E46541A5.jpeg

50F414F5-28F8-4C68-93D7-A0B3D0701364.jpeg

BA7564F3-025E-4B4E-BBDB-7D84CD14A75B.jpeg

339DF967-B2A5-4C5C-BA79-5B42BE347B17.jpeg

• Like 3