Princess quarantine hotel in Southampton or London

CCBB

We will be on a transatlantic cruise in March which ends in Southampton, UK. If we test positive at disembarkation and require to be quarantined, does anyone know if Princess will arrange for a hotel in Southampton or in London? And which hotel will it likely to be? 

Is it possible to request for a specific hotel?

Thank you for your help.

Yes that was a nice change. However, we still need to have testing done before flying back to Canada. In case if the test done at disembarkation is positive we will not be allowed to fly back but instead wait for 10 days (if the test was a PCR test) or until we have a negative antigen test.

So we are trying to prepare a contingency plan, should our test be positive, and it will be nice if we have an idea about which hotel and where it is, that Princess will put us.

19 minutes ago, CCBB said:

Yes that was a nice change. However, we still need to have testing done before flying back to Canada. In case if the test done at disembarkation is positive we will not be allowed to fly back but instead wait for 10 days (if the test was a PCR test) or until we have a negative antigen test.

So we are trying to prepare a contingency plan, should our test be positive, and it will be nice if we have an idea about which hotel and where it is, that Princess will put us.

Deleted

Edited by rhino29

1 hour ago, CCBB said:

We will be on a transatlantic cruise in March which ends in Southampton, UK. If we test positive at disembarkation and require to be quarantined, does anyone know if Princess will arrange for a hotel in Southampton or in London? And which hotel will it likely to be? 

Thank you for your help.

We are currently in isolation at a hotel near Ft Lauderdale due to a positive test on a back-to-back cruise.

We had no choice in hotels.  We were told that cruuse lines have agreements with certain hotels that will take covid positive passengers.

Edited by LACruiser88

Thank you LACruiser88. I read your post too and it was very helpful. Thank you.

I just wonder if anyone had been quarantined in Southampton / London before by Princess and can share their experience? If we had a negative antigen test we would like to get a PCR test done right away after we check into the hotel. If the PCR test is negative, we can schedule a flight home right away. If the PCR test if positive, we will then schedule a flight home after 10 days.

We are not familiar with Southampton or London so will need help locating a site where we can get the PCR test. If anyone can offer some insight in that regard, it will be much appreciated too!

• Like 1

May I suggest you check with the Canadian cruisers group here on Cruise Critic.  I’ve been following for quite some time and lots of valuable info and advice.  Like you, my DH and I are embarking and disembarking in Southampton, but not until September.  We’re hoping by then we will not have to test coming back home to Canada, but you never know.

The testing is done in the cruise terminal and you get the results quickly if you just get the Antigen test.  I have read that some people are flying back to Canada from all over the world without a test.  As long as you are fully vaxxed, only a random selection of passengers on random flights are selected to test for Covid, regardless if you have pretested or not.  If you test negative you are free to go and if you test positive you must return directly to your home and do a follow up test and submit your results.  No one has been denied entry into Canada if you are a citizen or permanent resident.  Something for you to look into.

1 hour ago, CCBB said:

Thank you for your help.

I can’t imagine you will be transported 110 miles to London so it would probably be Southampton. 

• Like 1

There is no longer any need to quarantine in England if you test positive. 

So, no quarantine hotels. 

Obviously if you test positive and are unable to fly back to the US, you will need to find somewhere to stay, but that is up to the individual concerned.  Princess in theory, have no responsibility to look after you once you disembark. 

If you need accomodation,  new flights etc, you would need to claim off your insurance policy. 

here is no longer any need to quarantine in England if you test positive. 

So, no quarantine hotels. 

Obviously if you test positive and are unable to fly back to the US, you will need to find somewhere to stay, but that is up to the individual concerned.  Princess in theory, have no responsibility to look after you once you disembark. 

If you need accomodation,  new flights etc, you would need to claim off your insurance policy. 

REPLY: I would think Princess does have responsibility to look after you because of their Cruise With Confidence Program.  UK may no longer have quaranting going on but the US does so in effect you are quaranted in the UK until you test negative.  Princess should still help you with finding a hotel and other needs until you fly home.

10 minutes ago, WF2747 said:

Princess should still help you with finding a hotel and other needs until you fly home.

Playing Devil's Advocate, once you are off the ship,  you are no longer the responsibility of Princess. Your insurance should cover all your additional costs.

On 2/28/2022 at 2:52 PM, LACruiser88 said:

We are currently in isolation at a hotel near Ft Lauderdale due to a positive test on a back-to-back cruise.

We had no choice in hotels.  We were told that cruuse lines have agreements with certain hotels that will take covid positive passengers.

Sorry to hear this. Can you let us know how they are doing B2B testing? Is it on turnaround day or the day before? I have tours booked on turnaround day.

I hope you are having a symptom free stay.

Edited by Coral

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Playing Devil's Advocate, once you are off the ship,  you are no longer the responsibility of Princess. Your insurance should cover all your additional costs.

This was not what Princess website said when we booked 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But the UK rules have changed since then, unless you booked in the last two weeks.

Canada , USA require a negative antigen pre departure test, so you can wander around Uk until you test negative 

3 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

Canada , USA require a negative antigen pre departure test, so you can wander around Uk until you test negative 

Yes you can. Good opportunity to spend some time in the UK and let your insurance company pay for it.

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes you can. Good opportunity to spend some time in the UK and let your insurance company pay for it.

Well, let’s see when Princess updates the UK FAQ if they are honouring their commitment as stated when we booked. 

7 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

Well, let’s see when Princess updates the UK FAQ if they are honouring their commitment as stated when we booked. 

Just checked updated USA - still offer testing post cruise & assistance. If no insurance princess pays etc. check it out 

Canada presently requires a negative Covid test taken 24 hours before entering Canada.  Princess states they will test for countries that require a test to enter back into their country. 

My B2B cruises finish on a Saturday in Southampton.  I should have a test on the Friday. If there is no information left in the cabin, I will go to Guest Services and inquire.

I also have Princess post cruise excursion, it would make it hard on disembarkment day.

When I was looking for a place to have a Covid test done in Southampton.  I found Southampton Clinic Covid 19 testing - 

www.theregenerativeclinic.co.uk.

Remember, presently you need to complete before and existing Britain the Locator form.

www.gov.uk

At Heathrow all the terminals do testing.

Presently since no Europe cruises are going, Princess has not released what they are doing with pre cruise testing, if they are doing testing at the dock like they did for last years cruises for British residents or we will have the tests done ourselves.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Presently since no Europe cruises are going, Princess has not released what they are doing with pre cruise testing, if they are doing testing at the dock like they did for last years cruises for British residents or we will have the tests done ourselves.

Currently all cruises leaving from Southampton are testing passengers at the terminal. I assume Princess will do the same.