Vegan Options in Coastal Kitchen?

mandream

I found the below old thread with limited info - but wondering what the current status is. 

DW is vegan - but the rest of our family is not.  Meals for her on Celebrity have always been hit or miss.  On occasion great - most of the time meh.  Really depended on the Maître D.  She was very excited when Royal introduced their vegan menu in the MDR.

We'll be on the Oasis in a couple weeks, planning on eating in Coastal Kitchen.   Does anyone have any recent experience they can share?  As a fallback, will the vegan MDR options be available?

Thanks -

Mike

42 minutes ago, mandream said:

As a fallback, will the vegan MDR options be available?

Maybe (see them in the menu on the app), but ensure your waiter understands it clearly - they don't serve those option often.

Edited by Biker19

Yes, I can see the vegan options for the MDR in the app. My question was really whether she will be able to get those options (or equivalent) in Coastal Kitchen.  If so, I think she'll be very happy. 

11 minutes ago, mandream said:

Yes, I can see the vegan options for the MDR in the app. My question was really whether she will be able to get those options (or equivalent) in Coastal Kitchen.  If so, I think she'll be very happy. 

I don't see why not.  Staff always seems willing to work with guests.  I would let them know in advance.

15 minutes ago, mandream said:

They’re not listed on the CK menu. You could email the concierge and ask.

If someone is super strict, they better not cruise. (Like no equipment ever touches animal products) They staff does a good job of trying to meet any dietary needs. 

But, Ultra low sodium is not their forte. 

our gluten free team members  are happy with Royal. 

@Mandream (Mike) I can share with you our very recent and excellent experience with vegan dining in the Coastal Kitchen on Oasis of the Seas. We sailed on February 6.

We had a group of 6 dining together in Coastal Kitchen nightly at 5:30. One member of our group follows a strict vegan diet. We knew that the MDR has a vegan menu but the Coastal Kitchen does not. We were prepared to go eat in the MDR if necessary, but hoped we didn't have to do that. 

If you go to the MDR menu in the app and scroll all the way down you will find the vegan menu. The vegan menu usually has a couple of appetizers, a couple of entrees, and a dessert. 

On the first night in the Coastal Kitchen my friend told our waiter that she'd like the vegan dinner from the MDR. She said she'd like to try one of each item. They sent a waiter down to the MDR and brought up all of the vegan items and served her dinner. 

Every night after that when the waiter distributed menus he skipped our friend, and just served her the vegan dinner from the MDR. (Even when we had a different waiter each night, they all knew her request!) Each night they brought her one of each item. What was happening was every night as soon as we arrived for dinner they sent someone down to the MDR to get her dinner. 

This was great service and by the way she loved almost all of the items on the menu. It was very imaginative and delicious. 

Edited by SG65CB
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

@Mandream (Mike) I can share with you our very recent and excellent experience with vegan dining in the Coastal Kitchen on Oasis of the Seas. We sailed on February 6.

We had a group of 6 dining together in Coastal Kitchen nightly at 5:30. One member of our group follows a strict vegan diet. We knew that the MDR has a vegan menu but the Coastal Kitchen does not. We were prepared to go eat in the MDR if necessary, but hoped we didn't have to do that. 

If you go to the MDR menu in the app and scroll all the way down you will find the vegan menu. The vegan menu usually has a couple of appetizers, a couple of entrees, and a dessert. 

On the first night in the Coastal Kitchen my friend told our waiter that she'd like the vegan dinner from the MDR. She said she'd like to try one of each item. They sent a waiter down to the MDR and brought up all of the vegan items and served her dinner. 

Every night after that when the waiter distributed menus he skipped our friend, and just served her the vegan dinner from the MDR. (Even when we had a different waiter each night, they all knew her request!) Each night they brought her one of each item. What was happening was every night as soon as we arrived for dinner they sent someone down to the MDR to get her dinner. 

This was great service and by the way she loved almost all of the items on the menu. It was very imaginative and delicious. 

That's what I was hoping to hear.  Thanks so much for sharing!

Mike

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

If someone is super strict, they better not cruise. (Like no equipment ever touches animal products) They staff does a good job of trying to meet any dietary needs. 

But, Ultra low sodium is not their forte. 

our gluten free team members  are happy with Royal. 

Hello,

Slightly on-topic but very off-location.

A friend is, by my terms, a strict vegetarian. He says there is no such thing - you are either a vegetarian or you are not.

So we were on X Eclipse in the creperie and he orders a crepe sans cheese and meat. One or two prods of a fork later reveals both so the waiter was called-over. He relays my friends anger to the chef whose response was that, although he had seen the order, he thought he could improve on it.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Slightly on-topic but very off-location.

A friend is, by my terms, a strict vegetarian. He says there is no such thing - you are either a vegetarian or you are not.

So we were on X Eclipse in the creperie and he orders a crepe sans cheese and meat. One or two prods of a fork later reveals both so the waiter was called-over. He relays my friends anger to the chef whose response was that, although he had seen the order, he thought he could improve on it.

Regards,

Cublet

I have two friends that demand to see the cutting boards, knives, serving utensils and storage when eating in a restaurant that claims to provide gluten free. Now that’s serious.  But for them I know it is necessary to avoid days of discomfort. 

On 2/28/2022 at 8:24 PM, SG65CB said:

This is a smart way to do it. I've eaten many of the things on that menu (not vegan but eat a lot of vegan foods). Some of the entree portions are skimpy. Just because someone is vegan doesn't mean they don't have an appetite. The only dish I thought was bad were the "tacos" which weren't tacos. 

• Like 1