Alaska in May

erlyvon

1 hour ago, erlyvon said:

Will Celebrity cancel or change May cruises from Seward to Vancouver due to Canada's March 1st CoVid Restrictions announcement?

are you looking for folks to play the guessing game?

The Alaska delegation is trying to accomplish the same thing it did last year where Canada can be skipped. In the article I read about it, the goal is for this summer cruise season to be a full-fledged Alaska Cruise season, which, in my mind, would mean the one way cruises again. Nothing has been voted on though so who knows.

8 minutes ago, TeachAloha said:

Can someone post a link so I can get some info? We have a Vancouver  RT cruise scheduled and can not find any new (to us) updates to the travel restrictions currently in place? Should we start a backup plan? 

I have a similar cruise - the only thing I could find is 100% vaccinated for crew and passengers which I wouldn’t think would be that hard for celebrity 

2 minutes ago, s0479 said:

I have a similar cruise - the only thing I could find is 100% vaccinated for crew and passengers which I wouldn’t think would be that hard for celebrity 

Thank you! I was wondering if I missed some important news! 

16 minutes ago, TeachAloha said:

Can someone post a link so I can get some info? We have a Vancouver  RT cruise scheduled and can not find any new (to us) updates to the travel restrictions currently in place? Should we start a backup plan? 

This is from Cruise Critic. It looks like details are still being worked, but full vaccination with very limited exceptions, and testing before entering Canada. Whether the second will apply to a return to Vancouver or a stop in Victoria after a stop in Alaska may be TBD. There's a link in the article to the Canadian documents.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6787/

1 hour ago, markeb said:

This is from Cruise Critic. It looks like details are still being worked, but full vaccination with very limited exceptions, and testing before entering Canada. Whether the second will apply to a return to Vancouver or a stop in Victoria after a stop in Alaska may be TBD. There's a link in the article to the Canadian documents.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6787/

Doesn’t seem that different from what I would have expected and what has been occurring.

The key factor here, and what could impact the entire Canada/Alaska cruise possibility is the requirement of testing before entering Canada, or re-entering Canada for cruises that start in Vancouver .  Cruise lines are just not going to be offering that - it is too expensive and too time consuming.  If Canada doesn't change their mind on that part we will be sailing out of Seattle again with an exception to the law once more.  Hopefully it can be worked out.

• 1 month later...

Celebrity Silhouette departing Vancouver roundtrip on 15 May 2022.

Embarkation requires antigen test within 2 days beforehand. Cruise is part of multistage trip, so will be in Vancouver hotel (near Canada Place departure terminal) for three days prior to boarding.

Any recommendations on cheapest/most convenient private testing location would be appreciated.

(Information from Celebrity suggests that pre-arrival testing can be done by purchasing the following:

MONITORED SELF-TEST KIT -
ABBOTT BINAXNOWTM COVID-19 AG CARD

When I pursued this option, I found that it is biased towards US travellers - seems to ship only to US addresses, and accepts US based payment methods).

Has anyone tried to do this?

1 hour ago, katisha said:

Embarkation requires antigen test within 2 days beforehand. Cruise is part of multistage trip, so will be in Vancouver hotel (near Canada Place departure terminal) for three days prior to boarding.

Any recommendations on cheapest/most convenient private testing location would be appreciated.

(Information from Celebrity suggests that pre-arrival testing can be done by purchasing the following:

When I pursued this option, I found that it is biased towards US travellers - seems to ship only to US addresses, and accepts US based payment methods).

have you considered buying a supervised test kit from the uk before you travel - taking it with you  and scheduling an appointment to be tested by teams/zoom whilst in canada the day before boarding eclipse??? only asking because its what we are thinking of doing and wanted input from someone else on whether it was feasible....

2 hours ago, katisha said:

sorry - assumed it was eclipse you were on as we sail same day from vancouver but just re-read and see its silhouette - my question is still the same though 🙂

22 minutes ago, jojo1966 said:

sorry - assumed it was eclipse you were on as we sail same day from vancouver but just re-read and see its silhouette -

It's NOT Silhouette---we'll be between Southampton and Copenhagen on 15 May 2022.