ATW 2024

Jancruz

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

People are desperate to get  away

You've got it.

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I can only dream of an ATW  cruise

I'm looking at all the money we've saved by not traveling for two years and all the money we've saved by not eating at restaurants...we used to eat lunch or dinner out...sometimes both every day, and decided we could make it work. We're getting to the age where it may not be possible to do this too far down the road. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

You've got it.

I'm looking at all the money we've saved by not traveling for two years and all the money we've saved by not eating at restaurants...we used to eat lunch or dinner out...sometimes both every day, and decided we could make it work. We're getting to the age where it may not be possible to do this too far down the road. 

Good choice.we would have gone if we were 15 years younger..LOL

Jancruz1

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jancruz said:

Good choice.we would have gone if we were 15 years younger..LOL

Jancruz1

I obviously don't know you personally, although I'm pretty sure I saw you a couple of years ago visiting Bob and Betsy Brown on the Norwegian Gem when it was in Santa Barbara. (Or am I confusing you with someone else?)

I suspect I'm younger than you but not 15 years younger. And I'll be two years older by the time this cruise starts ! 😉

33 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I obviously don't know you personally, although I'm pretty sure I saw you a couple of years ago visiting Bob and Betsy Brown on the Norwegian Gem when it was in Santa Barbara. (Or am I confusing you with someone else?)

I suspect I'm younger than you but not 15 years younger. And I'll be two years older by the time this cruise starts ! 😉

You did see me and Stu..did I meet you??You have a great memory why didnt you come over??

Jancruz1

49 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

You've got it.

That is a good plan for you

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

I apologize if this is an ignorant question. I saw that the ATW cruise (which looks fantastic, by the way) sold out in one day. Did they sell out the entire ship, or were there only a limited number of cabins available for the ATW package? The reason I ask is that my parents used to sail on the ATW cruise with Silversea for several years, but regular cruisers were able to join for portions/legs of the overall itinerary. They never sold out the whole ship. Just curious. 

33 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

You did see me and Stu..did I meet you??You have a great memory why didnt you come over??

Jancruz1

As I recall you and Bob discussed the get together in posts on Cruise Critic. I happened to be in the atrium that morning and spotted a woman wearing a visitor's badge talking to Bob . I  assumed it was you. I felt I would have been intruding if I walked over unannounced and butted in on your conversation by introducing myself.

26 minutes ago, NattilyAttired said:

I apologize if this is an ignorant question. I saw that the ATW cruise (which looks fantastic, by the way) sold out in one day. Did they sell out the entire ship, or were there only a limited number of cabins available for the ATW package? The reason I ask is that my parents used to sail on the ATW cruise with Silversea for several years, but regular cruisers were able to join for portions/legs of the overall itinerary. They never sold out the whole ship. Just curious. 

Good question!

28 minutes ago, NattilyAttired said:

In past ATW they did sell segments  after the initial cabins for the full cruise were booked

but the 2023  & now the 2024 sold out the full ship in a day

I suppose there os probably a wait list  for those wishing to do the full cruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NattilyAttired said:

57 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Good question!

56 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

In past ATW they did sell segments  after the initial cabins for the full cruise were booked

but the 2023  & now the 2024 sold out the full ship in a day

I suppose there os probably a wait list  for those wishing to do the full cruise

When there are two possible "world cruise" itineraries, which is the case in both 2023 and 2024 the entire ship is not sold out at once because there will passengers who do not embark at the initial port and instead embark further down the line. For example the 2024 cruise we're booked on has two possible embarkation ports, Miami and Los Angeles. We're boarding in LA so our cabin would not be occupied by a world cruiser on the Miami to Los Angeles leg and there will be numerous other unoccupied cabins on that segment . Oceania will likely eventually sell those cabins for just a Miami to LA cruise. There can be a similar end segment offering when there are two different world cruise disembarkation ports, which also occurs in some years.

A couple of years ago we took the first segment of the world cruise, which went from from Miami to Honolulu . There were a substantial number of passengers who disembarked that day and many new passengers who embarked in Honolulu.

So although the 2024 cruise "sold out" in minutes, it actually didn't in the sense that all cabins are not filled for the entire voyage.

AFAIK what Oceania is not doing that they had done in the past is sell mid cruise segments, such as having passengers disembark and  board in say, Tokyo or Sydney. 

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, njhorseman said:

As I recall you and Bob discussed the get together in posts on Cruise Critic. I happened to be in the atrium that morning and spotted a woman wearing a visitor's badge talking to Bob . I  assumed it was you. I felt I would have been intruding if I walked over unannounced and butted in on your conversation by introducing myself.

Thank you for not saying and old woman..LOL..I would have been flattered so if it ever happens again that you see me on a ship//please come and say hello..By the way I live 20 minutes from Santa Barbara on the beach..pretty there isnt it!!

Jancruz1

22 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Im sorry I didnt ask..but I did hear not as well as ATW

Jancruz1

Looking at O's website, there are cabins available in every category except OS and VS and insides are only sold out on two of the four cruises.

You expect the small number of top suites to sell out quickly, but usually insides sell almost just as fast and it seems odd that there are still some of those available.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

Great itin on 24WC, very similar to  cancelled 2021 which we were on. That and 2015 best itins of all to my taste. We got a good cabin since we were cancelled  .Just hope it happens . Also nice us Westerners can board in LA.

Jancruz-

I've followed you through the years on CCritic and have always valued your knowledge and advice.  (You and i were at a special dinner at Capt Flokos' retirement cruise)

we sailed ATW16, attempted to ATW20, 2021, and 2022 and have reservations for 2023 and today made our down payment for ATW24.

Here's my question--  why can we only seem to make reservations for LA-NY (180 days) and not the Miami-NY (196 days)? 

We have checked and our reserved cabin is currently not for sale Miami-LA so why can't WE have it for 196 days?  Our TA is also confused.

Is Miami-LA to be a segment and why would Oceania do that and not sell it as a 196?  (we are high on the wait list for 196 )  

My husband suspects that "this is not an Oceania policy decision but is an artifact of assumptions loaded into the IT systems."  (yes he is a total geek)  

I can't be the only one that wants to leave from Miami!!  Thank you for any help you can give us. 

well....well .... well.

10 minutes ago our TA was on the phone giving an O rep our credit card # for the deposit for ATW24- 180 days.

He asked the agent he was speaking with why we could not have the 196 cruise.  The agent said 'let me go ask' and got an immediate reply...'of course you can sell them the 196 with their cabin # they have reserved for 180.'

our TA was momentarily speechless because that was not what he was originally told. 

Moral of this story:  as always, call O.  Seriously, if you do not like that answer you've been given, call again, or ask to speak to a supervisor.  This has happened to us over and over .....sigh

kudos to our TA for asking!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

ATW Exclusive Shoreside events question:

Oceania newbie here (The ATW is our 2nd booking on Oceania).  We're booked on the 180 day 2024 ATW from Los Angeles.  I understand these are available to those on the 'complete ATW' itinerary.  Is the 180 day itinerary considered to be 'complete' or does that only apply to the 196 day itinerary?

Also, do we need to reserve these and is there any risk of them filling up or do they accommodate all the ATW guests on the ship?

I have similar question for the overland excursions?  Do you recommend booking them ASAP?  How soon do they book up.  We're still planning and indecisive.  Thank you.

8 hours ago, Graviegirl said:

ATW Exclusive Shoreside events question:

Oceania newbie here (The ATW is our 2nd booking on Oceania).  We're booked on the 180 day 2024 ATW from Los Angeles.  I understand these are available to those on the 'complete ATW' itinerary.  Is the 180 day itinerary considered to be 'complete' or does that only apply to the 196 day itinerary?

Also, do we need to reserve these and is there any risk of them filling up or do they accommodate all the ATW guests on the ship?

I have similar question for the overland excursions?  Do you recommend booking them ASAP?  How soon do they book up.  We're still planning and indecisive.  Thank you.

180-day is the official world cruise, so yes, the shoreside events do apply to it.  You do not need to do anything.  Your invoice from Oceania will show these as already reserved.  If you don’t have the invoice from O, ask your travel agent to send it to you.  Details of the events and tickets will be provided onboard.

we have not done any of the overlands, but the general consensus is to book them as soon as they are available to do so.

If you have not done so already, find the roll call for your world cruise and join it.  Also, suggest following/reading the roll call for 2023  (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2770541-december-28-2022-atw-2023-mia-sf-sf-sf-and-all-other-versions-segments)… or previous years.  These roll calls always have good discussions that will help answer your questions.

in my signature below is the link to the 2017 ATW blog I wrote…you might find some helpful info there as well.

On this board, I believe there are a couple of threads from previous world cruises on O that at least one person wrote … again helpful info.  Perhaps the authors will see your question and post the links.  I am on the road, so cannot provide the links myself.

have fun planning.

• Thanks 1