Sea Thermal Wellness pass

budmeister

Hi, What is a good price for a seven day sea thermal wellness pass? Do they sell for 4-5 days on ship? Is the thermal pool usually full and do you think it is hygienic? On our last cruise, some people who used the hot tub  picked up Covid. 

Thanks for the tips! 

30 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What are you talking about? There are no Celebrity ships with a Thermal suite that has a water feature,in other words there's no hot tub/Whirlpool or pool.

They may mean the thalassotherapy pool. If so, they're only on the Millennium class ship, they're not usually full and they're as hygienic as any pool.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

They may mean the thalassotherapy pool. If so, they're only on the Millennium class ship, they're not usually full and they're as hygienic as any pool.  

That's free access in the Solarium and has nothing to do with the Spa Thermal suite.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

What are you talking about? There are no Celebrity ships with a Thermal suite that has a water feature,in other words there's no hot tub/Whirlpool or pool.

"Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. "

3 minutes ago, budmeister said:

"Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. "

It is a medium sized swimming pool with saltwater.  As said in the Solarium on Millenium class.  Nothing to do with the spa.

The Thermal spa on M and S class ships is pretty limited with only loungers, sauna and steam. E class has all of the above plus salt room, Turkish bath and crystal room. It also has some hanging chairs to relax in. Cost of E class one week pass was $235 two weeks ago and if you are in a balcony or Concierge, you should just walk up to guest services and upgrade to AQ, it will be cheaper than a spa pass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

It is a medium sized swimming pool with saltwater.  As said in the Solarium on Millenium class.  Nothing to do with the spa.

You are correct. The old Galaxy/Century/Mercury had the pool in the spa. 

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Just to reiterate,what they are referring to is the indoor pool in the Solarium,which is located on all Celebrity ships for free. On the M-class ships the indoor pool has those thalassotherapy jets which are quite relaxing to be on. To the original question I think as compared to other cruiselines the solarium pools on Celebrity ships seem less like a party pool than say the main outdoor pools on a Carnival ship. 

Edited by kwokpot

This must not be a very popular attraction. The following is how the package is sold on the Edge :

"Set sail on a journey to ultimate relaxation with this sensory oasis. Inspired by traditional Turkish Baths, our Thermal Suite features heated chaise lounges as well as aromatic steam and sauna grottos - a perfect interlude to your day. Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. Enjoy a 7-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this pass."

If anyone is familiar with this venue- are the times of the reservations strictly adhered to? I was surprised to have to choose a 15 min time slot for a 7-day pass.

Edited by budmeister

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

The Thermal spa on M and S class ships is pretty limited with only loungers, sauna and steam. E class has all of the above plus salt room, Turkish bath and crystal room. It also has some hanging chairs to relax in. Cost of E class one week pass was $235 two weeks ago and if you are in a balcony or Concierge, you should just walk up to guest services and upgrade to AQ, it will be cheaper than a spa pass. 

Thanks! It is 119.00 now for a 7-day , so I booked it. What to you know about the time slots? I expected it to be walk in, unless full at the time. I had to choose a 15 min time slot.

46 minutes ago, budmeister said:

Thanks! It is 119.00 now for a 7-day , so I booked it. What to you know about the time slots? I expected it to be walk in, unless full at the time. I had to choose a 15 min time slot.

That's an excellent price. A day pass if booking onboard is $89!!!. The timeslots are meaningless for a weekly spa pass. You can come and go as many times each day as you want. The timeslots are really only meant for treatment reservations.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, budmeister said:

This must not be a very popular attraction. The following is how the package is sold on the Edge :

"Set sail on a journey to ultimate relaxation with this sensory oasis. Inspired by traditional Turkish Baths, our Thermal Suite features heated chaise lounges as well as aromatic steam and sauna grottos - a perfect interlude to your day. Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. Enjoy a 7-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this pass."

If anyone is familiar with this venue- are the times of the reservations strictly adhered to? I was surprised to have to choose a 15 min time slot for a 7-day pass.

Under what name can you find it in Cruise Planner? Have tried to find it from Spa offerings but haven't been able to find it yet.

20 hours ago, budmeister said:

There was a time on the S class ships last year when they were controlling access via 1 hr reservations and that was a bit difficult. On the E class ships, there was no reservation system. It really depends on the ship.

2 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

There was a time on the S class ships last year when they were controlling access via 1 hr reservations and that was a bit difficult. On the E class ships, there was no reservation system. It really depends on the ship.

That probably had more to do with Covid protocols. Prior to the pandemic I don't remember ever having to make a reservation for Thermal suite access.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 8:53 PM, neverlaysup said:

if you are in a balcony or Concierge, you should just walk up to guest services and upgrade to AQ, it will be cheaper than a spa pass. 

Do you mean they would change your room?  Or they can add this amenity to your balcony or Concierge stateroom?

43 minutes ago, laurap414 said:

Do you mean they would change your room?  Or they can add this amenity to your balcony or Concierge stateroom?

The PP was suggesting that you ask for a room upgrade to Aqua Class after boarding. This would be on a space available basis, would require a change of cabin, and of course payment of the price difference between the 2 cabin categories. That may or may not be cheaper than buying a pass.

Edited by mom says
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 9:35 AM, mom says said:

The PP was suggesting that you ask for a room upgrade to Aqua Class after boarding. This would be on a space available basis, would require a change of cabin, and of course payment of the price difference between the 2 cabin categories. That may or may not be cheaper than buying a pass.

On my last cruise, the cost to move from a porthole balcony to AQ was $200 per person at Customer service. The cost of a spa pass was $235 per person. We changed rooms before our bags were delivered.

On 3/6/2022 at 11:02 PM, kwokpot said:

That probably had more to do with Covid protocols. Prior to the pandemic I don't remember ever having to make a reservation for Thermal suite access.

Yes you will,  unless you have an Aqua class cabin. The passes are limited. Not related to Covid at all.

7 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Yes you will,  unless you have an Aqua class cabin. The passes are limited. Not related to Covid at all.

We’ve frequently purchased spa passes once onboard. We’ve never had to reserve a specific time.