Any tips to getting a reservation for the Chefs Table Lumiere?

NthernLgts

We've never done the Chefs Table Lumiere before but I'd really like to on the Discovery this fall.  I understand a reservation can be difficult.  For those of you that have done this are there any tips for getting a reservation?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by NthernLgts

31 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Or go straight to Guest Services to sign up; before eating, going to your cabin or anything else.

It's always a crap shoot as to which will be faster. Guest services may have no line, or look like a line at Disney World.

51 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We tried to book either the Chef's Table or the Winemakers Dinner on the Sky 3 weeks ago.  We were told (at that time) they were not doing either. YMMV

We were told the same on a 10 day in January, on Enchanted.

On a 5 day Regal a couple of weeks ago, they did do it, but we asked too late. We were so hungry we went to the MDR without thinking. 

We have gotten to do it once and would love to do it again. This seems like easy revenue to me; I wonder why they don’t offer it more.

The best way to get Chef's Table from what I saw in November is to book a B2B.  I was first to call them when I got onboard and she told me that they had so many B2Ber's that had called that morning that she couldn't say whether I'd get in.

The second best way is to be in a suite on a ship like the Majestic with a suite lounge and suite concierge who will call and plead your case.  This was our first time ever to be in a suite so I decided to ask the concierge.  Sure enough, she got us in!

The third best way is to have cruised many hundreds of days and know the Maitre D' who will  personally get you in.

My next idea is to book a ship just going into service or just coming out of dry dock so there will be no B2B's.  That's my hope on my next cruise as our ship will just be coming out of dry dock.

It's amazing.  Hope you get in.  Good luck!  The Majestic was doing Chef's Table both in August in Alaska and in November, but apparently, not all the ships are doing it.  It must depend on the chef and maitre d' and maybe captain.

We're on Majestic right now, B2B.  Last week we did Wine Maker's, this week we're going to Chef's Table.  Last week there were two Wine Maker's and two Chef's Tables, probably this week, too.

Call ASAP after you board.

Edited by BabsinTX
Addition.

• 5 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, EDDY0827 said:

Or go straight to Guest Services to sign up; before eating, going to your cabin or anything else.

Guest Services can sign you up?  On previous cruises had to go to the Dining Room to sign up.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, geepmaley said:

So have to do it on ship? That kinda sucks for us since we are on a cruisetour and wont get to Whittier until 2PM earliest.

Yes you can only do it from on board unless you have some way of calling the dine line from off ship