Newbie restaurant question

JerseyShore

1 hour ago, JerseyShore said:

We will be in the Regatta in May in a Veranda Concierge cabin.  Are we allowed to make more than two specialty restaurant reservations?   

Here's the scoop:

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

depends on the length of your cruise

You can reserve the allotted number pre cruise  when your date opens up 

Once onboard you can ask daily for more seating depending on availability

7 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

And the quality of the grand dining room is as good as the specialty restaurants.

PS and the Terrace café is gosh darn pretty good as well.

Yes. Unlike most other cruise lines, all of O’s dining venues are equally excellent. What sets the specialty restaurants apart are their focused cuisine menus and more formal ambiance.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Yes. Unlike most other cruise lines, all of O’s dining venues are equally excellent. What sets the specialty restaurants apart are their focused cuisine menus and more formal ambiance.

Yup...   a creative person will observe that many of the dishes from all the specialties can be found in the terrace and  you can mix and match  all sorts of things   Hundreds of possibilities to create.... be a gastro -artist.. make your own menu.

Just made my Marina restaurant reservations today,   You can make one in each specialty restaurant pre-cruise, but additional on board if available.  We have favorites in the restaurants, but also look forward to casual meals with a great selection in the Terrace Cafe.  The Grand Dining Room is lovely too, but we usually dress up a bit for the specialties and GDR, and look forward to all the selections and outdoor dining in the Terrace after a long day of touring.  You will enjoy excellent food dining anywhere on Oceania!

22 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Butler more convenient?-  yes. Better results? Depends on who you know.

I was in a PH2, about as low as you can go and still have a Butler – and I know nobody.  But my Butler was able to get me 4 extra reservations at the exact time (7:30) I requested.  [Might be different on a full ship...]

20 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was in a PH2, about as low as you can go and still have a Butler – and I know nobody.  But my Butler was able to get me 4 extra reservations at the exact time (7:30) I requested.  [Might be different on a full ship...]

Thee are PH3s 😁

26 minutes ago, su-arizona said:

Just made my Marina restaurant reservations today,   You can make one in each specialty restaurant pre-cruise, but additional on board if available.  

You can reserve more pre-cruise depending on stateroom category and length of cruise and on whether it's an O or R ship.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We’re going to be in a PH3, but it looks like we are going to be on a very empty voyage so I am going to just try my hand at asking the butler to nab a table with a nice view. If we fancy more bookings we may just order to the room. 

We actually chose the PH3 cat because the room that had the least chance of noise from above or below was in that category, and far enough forward that we can enjoy a rollercoaster if the opp. Presents itself 😉

I will once again take one for team OceaniaBoard and experiment with extra booking chances via the butler 🙂

The things I do for you guys… 

• Haha 1