Ordering Additional Alcohol for In Suite Bar

garyl62

I realize a RS and above will be able to order 2 bottles of alcohol of your choice through the Shoreside Concierge.  If you want a third bottle, or some bottles of wine do you order those before boarding from the Concierge also, or do you wait until you board?  If you wait, do you talk to your butler (Retreat host), the Sommelier in Luminae, or someone else?

16 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

I realize a RS and above will be able to order 2 bottles of alcohol of your choice through the Shoreside Concierge.  If you want a third bottle, or some bottles of wine do you order those before boarding from the Concierge also, or do you wait until you board?  If you wait, do you talk to your butler (Retreat host), the Sommelier in Luminae, or someone else?

I think it may be dependent on your Butler if they charge you for additional bottles.   On a recent cruise our butler kept dropping off bottles of wine - gratis. 

If they do charge for it I think you can do it in advance by ordering the 1 bar setup for approx $130.   On an upcoming cruise we are in a CS and I ordered 2 setups because we have so much NR OBC and on a TA not a lot of opportunity to spend on things like excursions.

Agree with Jim. I’d chat with your butler. My experience is been that they’ve always gotten me extra wine or sparkling wine when asked.  It’s probably butler specific if they’d charge for the 3rd bottle, since technically we are only allowed two.  Some may with no issue and some may want to stick with the rules.   

Edited by dcbiker97

Thanks.  I'll wait until we're onboard and talk with him/her.  We are sailing with some friends who are Cap't Morgan fans so I thought I'd get a third bottle of that for them to enjoy when we're in our suite.  Don't mind if it gets added to my account, just wasn't sure who the proper person would be to inquire with.

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think it may be dependent on your Butler if they charge you for additional bottles.   On a recent cruise our butler kept dropping off bottles of wine - gratis. 

Ditto.  We had requested a particularly nice Barolo in advance, and try as we might, there were always two on the counter waiting to be opened!

38 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Thanks.  I'll wait until we're onboard and talk with him/her.  We are sailing with some friends who are Cap't Morgan fans so I thought I'd get a third bottle of that for them to enjoy when we're in our suite.  Don't mind if it gets added to my account, just wasn't sure who the proper person would be to inquire with.

You also get a good bottle of champagne we asked concierge if we could change the champagne for a good bottle of Cabernet, she offered decoy, I pointed out champagne was much more expensive than decoy , she then gave us two bottles of decoy. Might be able to trade champagne for your captain Morgan. This was n summit a couple of weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I'm hoping to get champagne for our suite instead of alcohol. We would enjoy that on our balcony. We would get our mixed drinks from the bar.

Laura

Our shoreside concierge had no trouble requesting the swap out of booze for wine.  We were on a B2B, and I was trying to imagine going through 4L of 80 proof in 15 nts!

28 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I'm hoping to get champagne for our suite instead of alcohol. We would enjoy that on our balcony. We would get our mixed drinks from the bar.

Laura

Instead of alcohol I requested a bottle of Veuve  Clicquot. I got two. 

29 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Laura

High end suites get a better bottle of champagne but even sky suites gets a bottle, our concierge was very obliging on making changes.

Just now, JFontaine said:

Instead of alcohol I requested a bottle of Veuve  Clicquot. I got two. 

My friend and I have been known to drink a bottle a day! So that covers the first 2 days. LOL

Laura

• Like 1

15 hours ago, garyl62 said:

If you wait, do you talk to your butler (Retreat host), the Sommelier in Luminae, or someone else?

Your butler always is your best bet when you ask for something like this.  If it can be done at all, you're butler likely will get it done more efficiently than anyone else.  I want to know what kind of magic wand the Celebrity butlers have, because it's a mighty good one.

If you wanted to ask someone else, then I'd ask either the Shoreside Concierge when you hear from them a couple weeks before you board or one of the Retreat Concierges after you board.  Still, I think your best bet is the butler.

I would not ask the Sommelier in Luminae.  This sort of request is rather removed from the scope of what they do.  While I would be confident that they would get word to the appropriate folks, you're far better off going a different way.

23 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Your butler always is your best bet when you ask for something like this.  If it can be done at all, you're butler likely will get it done more efficiently than anyone else.  I want to know what kind of magic wand the Celebrity butlers have, because it's a mighty good one.

I've often wondered if they operate to a discretionary budget of some sort for all of the cabins they serve.  We came up just a little short on packing space on our last cruise, and a little, brand new in wrapper rolly suitcase magically appeared.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 9:26 PM, George C said:

High end suites get a better bottle of champagne but even sky suites gets a bottle, our concierge was very obliging on making changes.

Sky Suites get sparkling wine not champagne, or at least that was the case as of my last cruise in a Sky Suite in Dec 2018.

So I guess some people do go through all those bottles. We have found we can’t even get through the two complimentary bottles. I think the best we’ve done is going through a bottle and a half. I know on one cruise I think we had ordered two bottles of Grey Goose and one was unopened at the end so we gave it to our butler who was wonderful. I’m curious how we will do on our B2B2B cruises next year where we will accumulate 6 bottles (plus 3 bottles of champagne). Of course it’s over 32 days so we’ll have more time. The champagne we find easier to get through as we send it down to Luminae to have with our dinners.

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

So I guess some people do go through all those bottles. We have found we can’t even get through the two complimentary bottles. I think the best we’ve done is going through a bottle and a half. I know on one cruise I think we had ordered two bottles of Grey Goose and one was unopened at the end so we gave it to our butler who was wonderful. I’m curious how we will do on our B2B2B cruises next year where we will accumulate 6 bottles (plus 3 bottles of champagne). Of course it’s over 32 days so we’ll have more time. The champagne we find easier to get through as we send it down to Luminae to have with our dinners.

Some guests do spend a lot of time in their suites. They will often choose a spirit for making cool mixed drinks during the day and then a Scotch or cognac for late evenings….

Others are often travelling with family in other rooms using the RS or PH as the family pre dinner drinks spot…When we did the TP cruise the concierge asked us at about day 10/11 if we needed another bottle. 

You could either gift your extra bottles to staff or hold a CC sail away!

5 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I’m curious how we will do on our B2B2B cruises next year where we will accumulate 6 bottles (plus 3 bottles of champagne). Of course it’s over 32 days so we’ll have more time. 

If you enjoy wine, you can ask to swap out one or more bottles of booze for some decent wine.

8 hours ago, canderson said:

If you enjoy wine, you can ask to swap out one or more bottles of booze for some decent wine.

No, neither of us drinks wine. But we might swap for another bottle of champagne as hubby likes that and I can tolerate it as a mimosa or Kir Royale.

When the "Drinks and More" packages were available we would get those and donate the bottles of wine that came with them to the Butler and or cabin steward.  I would always as the butler for a couple of bottles of diet toni and enjoy a vodka tonic in the room at various times.  It was a lot easier and more convenient than going to the closest bar, especially if we only wanted a diet soda or soft drink.  Now I just use OBC to cover any mini-bar charges.