Priority boarding with Suite question

Good morning!  We don't sail RC very often so I need help with this please.  We are leaving on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston on Sunday.  When we checked in we got an 11:30 check in time, but we are staying in a junior suite and it says we have priority boarding.  How does that work?  Can we show up earlier since we are in a suite?

Thank you!

Full suites can board 1 hour early but not sure if they’re allowing this for Junior Suites. I wouldn’t count on being able to check in earlier than 11:30 anyway. 

Edited by HicksRA

@Jenny in TXJunior suites actually do get to board in the suites line (one of the very few 'suite' perks for a Jr. Suite).  It looks like you do have the earliest boarding time.  When we had a Jr. Suite on Navigator out of LA last month, we also had that early time.  Because we weren't sure how long it would take to get to the port, we got there about 10:45 and expected to wait, but they did send us to the suite line, which opened up not long after that.  As HicksRA posted, there really aren't true suite benefits for a Jr. Suite though, aside from a slightly larger room and 2 points per night instead of one.  They also usually have a tub and walk in closet and since we had a child with us, that came in very handy.  

• Like 1

The junior suite boarding pass just says suite, so they do allow you in the suite line at Galveston.  Most ports have been keeping people outside the terminal until the ship is cleared and they can board - they don't want a ton of people sitting in the terminal.  Would not count on getting on before 11 or 11:30.

59 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

My Boarding Pass does not say "suite" just says "Sea Class". I'll just ask if it's ok for me to board in suite line. If not no big deal, have 11AM boarding.

No need to ask. You are entitled to use the suite line. 

• Thanks 1

Our boarding pass for the Jewel out of Miami the end of the month says suite.  We are in a junior suite.   Our check-in time is noon, so with all this additional information, I think we will get there around 11:15-30.   

We also have one person in a wheelchair so they will probably direct us to the wheelchair line in any event.    

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No need to ask. You are entitled to use the suite line. 

We are in a jr. suite in may on symphony and i have my kids linked to our reservations, so 3 in all linked, will they be able to get in the suite line with us.  I will check in for all of us since they are linked. 

We had a Jr. Suite on March 9 Adventure from Galveston.   There were no designations for Suite, Diamond, etc. when we arrived at 12:30..  I did ask, but was told there was just one line for all at that time. But it went very quickly.  We had a great cruise.... even though there were more kids than I expected for early March!

1 minute ago, doublej said:

We had a Jr. Suite on March 9 Adventure from Galveston.   There were no designations for Suite, Diamond, etc. when we arrived at 12:30..  I did ask, but was told there was just one line for all at that time. But it went very quickly.  We had a great cruise.... even though there were more kids than I expected for early March!

You poor thing. Imagine having to share a cruise with kids. How did you ever survive?!!!

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

You poor thing. Imagine having to share a cruise with kids. How did you ever survive?!!!

Hmmm...never mentioned that I had difficulty "surviving."   I am happy to share cruising with kids.  There was nothing rude in "my" comment.  I passed on information to the OP from my recent experience out of Galveston.   Perhaps you can offer her some information in regards to her question instead of making a judgement towards me. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, hollon said:

We are in a jr. suite in may on symphony and i have my kids linked to our reservations, so 3 in all linked, will they be able to get in the suite line with us.  I will check in for all of us since they are linked. 

I would like to know this as well. We have a Jr suite and an inside cabin with the kids.

16 hours ago, hollon said:

31 minutes ago, amindu said:

I would like to know this as well. We have a Jr suite and an inside cabin with the kids.

Are the kids "children", or your grown offspring?

1 hour ago, hollon said:

my kids are in their 20's with linked reservations

Linked reservations are for dining purposes. Unless you are using your credit card for them they would check in on their own. 

11 hours ago, amindu said:

2 year old and 6 mo old as well as the nanny in that cabin on “paper”. Kids will bring our room

They should be able to check in with you. 

5 hours ago, hollon said:

my kids are in their 20's with linked reservations

But I agree that they probably are on their own.