Unvaccinated

we3k9

Can Carnival legally stop an unvaccinated guest from getting off the ship in Mexico?  My friend has a medical exemption and has been approved to cruise.  If Mexico does not require visitors to be vaccinated how can Carnival allow her to get off ship for a carnival excursion but stop her from getting off ship to do her own thing ?  

2 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

If the local gov't only allows unvaccinated passengers off to participate in a "bubble excursion", then the ship will respect the local gov't rules.

It is possible that these rules may relax as the rate of infections go down.

There are no more bubble tours. Unvaccinated guest can book any excursions carnival sells but are not permitted to go ashore on their own.  It is ludicrous 

• Like 1

These rules are fast being relaxed. Rcl came out with a new update. When do you cruise? Rules change by the week and month.

So rcl allows unvaccinated to go ashore without booking a excursion except in Belize or I think its jamaica.. ..I'm sure carnival is changing soon if they havent.

20220315_174932986.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

The real question is not can Carnival legally prevent her from getting off, which they can.  The real question is would your friend be willing do be denied boarding once again for violations of the cruise ticket contract she agreed to?  I agree with you that it doesn't make sense, but it is the rule and when you agree to the contract, you agree to abide by that rule.

• Like 9

The contract you sign and agree to before cruising covers all of the bases for Carnival. They can deny boarding, change ports, skip ports, confiscate liquor, or do anything else they deem necessary. And it’s all legal because you signed the contract. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As the others have noted, the contract you sign to sail with Carnival says you have to play by their rules. If your friend exits the ship, and is not on a Carnival excursion if that is required at the time, they could deny boarding back onto the ship.  So many cruisers seem to forget you do sign a contract when you cruise that basically says "you agree to follow all of these rules or we can kick you off the ship." 

But the rules are changing almost daily, they're getting more relaxed now but could easily get more stringent again depending on how BA.2 affects this side of the pond. We're usually a few months behind Europe and they're just starting to see an uptick of cases again. So enjoy this lull because we're probably at the most relaxed state of rules for the next month and then we could potentially see things tighten up again. Let's hope not, but we could see the masks return. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

SO glad I've had my three!

3finger Confirmation!.jpg

Once upon a time, many of us were scrambling to get our first vaccination. Now they are so easy to find, and yet there are still many not fully vaccinated.

• Like 3

Answer is yes can legally stop them. Its part if the terms and conditions accepted by the passengers. But if they really want to get off they could, but they would not be getting back on board the ship to leave.