Vista Class Center Elevator Strategy

Vista Class Center Elevator Strategy  

28 members have voted

1. 1. On Vista Class Ships - in the center core - the 3 banks of 2 elevators are not linked. Which elevator button do you press?

• Always the center elevators
    • The elevator bank on the same side as my cabin
    • The closest elevator button I come across- depending if I am coming from a passageway or down the stairs.
    • I press all three sets of buttons and then dart to the first one that arrives.

On the Vista Class ships (Zuiderdam etc) there are 3 banks of 2 elevators in the center core.  We always go to the center two elevators.   Do others have a different approach/philosophy?    The elevator call buttons are not linked

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

On a Vista ship I am using a scooter. When I board a center elevator I pull in straight, and back out when I get to my floor. Backing out of the interior center elevators, with the stairs behind me, is terrifying. Scooters don't have rear view mirrors. 

I have a small 3 wheel scooter.  If the elevator is empty I do a 3 point turn in it ready to drive off forward.  People waiting with me to get on are very good at letting me do that before they get on.  I don’t know if you could do that with 4 wheels.  

7 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I personally think that the side elevators have less traffic than the center ones, so I pick one (normally the side I am going when I exit).  

Me too DaveOKC!  Taters, I also like the view. 😉

~Nancy

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 10:30 AM, DaveOKC said:

I personally think that the side elevators have less traffic than the center ones, so I pick one (normally the side I am going when I exit).  

On 3/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, Taters said:

One of the reasons I almost always choose to use the side elevator is because I love the view. 😊

Ditto and Ditto