Radiance of the Seas Deployment

Hi all,

I have two cruises booked on Radiance of the Seas in December, 2022 from Sydney. At the moment they are not showing on the Royal Caribbean website. Does someone know if Radiance is going to be redeployed elsewhere? I hope not, these cruises are swaps for previous cruises.

Any information is appreciated.

9 minutes ago, britty1 said:

I am on Radiance from Vancouver to Honolulu in Sept 2022 which starts her Australia deployment so I too hope it is OK. Been waiting 3 years to take this trip.

I took this trip in 2019.   On this ship.   It’s amazing!   I’m back on this ship in May for an Alaskan cruise.   

• Like 1

Hi all,Well let’s hope all is ok, but currently my B2B’s for December are not on the Royal site. In fact, no Radiance cruises

We have just had two Princess cruises cancelled, so I hope not these two, just the week when cruising has been announced as restarting in Australia
In an email I received yesterday from Royal re cruising restarting in Australia, they only mentioned Ovation, Quantum and Enchantment no mention of Radiance.

BTW For all of your wanting to do the Transpacific it is a great cruise on Radiance!

Hopefully no bad news this week!

32 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hi all,Well let’s hope all is ok, but currently my B2B’s for December are not on the Royal site. In fact, no Radiance cruises

We have just had two Princess cruises cancelled, so I hope not these two, just the week when cruising has been announced as restarting in Australia
In an email I received yesterday from Royal re cruising restarting in Australia, they only mentioned Ovation, Quantum and Enchantment no mention of Radiance.

BTW For all of your wanting to do the Transpacific it is a great cruise on Radiance!

Hopefully no bad news this week!

Just doing a bit of surfing and it looks like it has disappeared from the 22-23 season.

If so I hope they swap a ship and not cancel the cruises.

Radiance was just about booked out ,maybe a swap for a bigger ship?

56 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Just doing a bit of surfing and it looks like it has disappeared from the 22-23 season.

If so I hope they swap a ship and not cancel the cruises.

Radiance was just about booked out ,maybe a swap for a bigger ship?

The two cruises that we have booked are swaps from Ovation cruises. On the Xmas cruise Radiance was the only option, so,we obviously took Radiance to do the B2B. It will be interest if they swap us back to Ovation which was our original Xmas cruise. I guess this week, we might see some changes. Interesting that on the day cruising was announced to restart in Australia our two Majestic Princess cruises were also cancelled. Also no mention of Radiance is an email yesterday, but they mentioned Enchantment. We loved Rhapsody but now prefer Ovation for size.

Edited by resordanis

9 hours ago, island lady said:

I am on From early March to end of April 2023 from Sydney to Honolulu.   I sure hope it is not redeployed!  

I have not received any cancellations....and sure don't hope to.   

This is on an Australian Facebook page today, Royal Caribbean Australia Cruise Forum. The post from Sue Chris Williams is interesting. It is all hypothetical until they make an announcement I guess but there are going to be a lot of disappointed people given how heavily Radiance was booked here

276131024_2590258494452476_1538736670994833452_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=7tpkgogL7soAX8RFQL-&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd11-2.fna&oh=00_AT96ujZS6WfdxMFw4reCTSoLCsKHBb1MPaKjEt9Jy-ULPg&oe=623BDFB0

8 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hope they give us a Xmas cruise! Three years in a row! Ovation, Ovation then Radiance, what next! Just when in Australia we are so excited about cruising restarting!

Maybe Greg Hunt got a job running RCapac.

42 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

Radiance of the Seas is being redeployed to New Orleans emails to affected guests to be sent Monday 21 March. No mention of a replacement ship as yet.

Any idea when this is happening? I am booked on Radiance out of LA to Vancouver next month, it’s supposed to being doing Alaska cruises from Vancouver this season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mermaidgal said:

Any idea when this is happening? I am booked on Radiance out of LA to Vancouver next month, it’s supposed to being doing Alaska cruises from Vancouver this season.

Sorry should have said this is for the Australia 2022/2023 season.

5 hours ago, CaptOz175 said:

For those who have experienced a cruise cancellation, what compensation (or benefits) does RC usually offer to help towards a new cruise? 

Welcome to CC.

Usually, some OBC and price protection on some alternate sailings or a full refund.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShazM said:

This is on an Australian Facebook page today, Royal Caribbean Australia Cruise Forum. The post from Sue Chris Williams is interesting. It is all hypothetical until they make an announcement I guess but there are going to be a lot of disappointed people given how heavily Radiance was booked here

276131024_2590258494452476_1538736670994833452_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=7tpkgogL7soAX8RFQL-&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd11-2.fna&oh=00_AT96ujZS6WfdxMFw4reCTSoLCsKHBb1MPaKjEt9Jy-ULPg&oe=623BDFB0

Have already gone through one replacement....and it was a nice score for me.   Wonder replaced Allure, and luckily still got to keep a GS cabin (though much better location) for all four weeks this fall, including the TA.

If Radiance is being pulled...and had been already heavily booked...my bet it is being replaced by larger ship. 

• Like 1

Getting very angry!  I've had too many cruises on Radiance canceled over the past two years after they kicked us off the ship in Sydney on March 14, 2020.  4 cruises on Serenade canceled with no lift and shift, nothing, to bad for you because you are on your own.

This B.S.

No suites available on the 18 night Ovation OTS Transpacific.  Many desirable cabins on Ovation are already GONE.  We have March 5, 2023 thru May 1, 2023 booked on Radiance.

This is B.S., VERY ANGRY!

Edited by steveru621

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

Getting very angry!  I've had too many cruises on Radiance canceled over the past two years after they kicked us off the ship in Sydney on March 14, 2020.  4 cruises on Serenade canceled with no lift and shift, nothing, to bad for you because you are on your own.

This B.S.

No suites available on the 18 night Ovation OTS Transpacific.  Many desirable cabins on Ovation are already GONE.  We have March 5, 2023 thru May 1, 2023 booked on Radiance.

This is B.S., VERY ANGRY!

If you are expecting perfection, don't travel, you will surely be disappointed

• Haha 2

Hopefully we might get some answers in the next few days. Before this lift and shift to Radiance we were on Ovation, so happy to go back to Ovation. I just hope don’t get cancelled out altogether as Xmas cruises are much more expensive now that what  we paid for our JS. It’s just a waiting game! The only problem I have found with lift and shifts (for us) is that when we book B2B’s the cruises never align.

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hopefully we might get some answers in the next few days. Before this lift and shift to Radiance we were on Ovation, so happy to go back to Ovation. I just hope don’t get cancelled out altogether as Xmas cruises are much more expensive now that what  we paid for our JS. It’s just a waiting game! The only problem I have found with lift and shifts (for us) is that when we book B2B’s the cruises never align.

We have a couple of grand suites leading up to Christmas ,Tassie and cairns.If  we loose them ,we are not going to be happy.

I just went through all their ships and deployment and nothing seems to have a potential to replace Radiance.

Though Serenade seems to have a hole in it’s bookings.

Edited by Chiliburn

On 3/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, britty1 said:

I am on Radiance from Vancouver to Honolulu in Sept 2022 which starts her Australia deployment so I too hope it is OK. Been waiting 3 years to take this trip.

We are also booked on this b2b Vancouver to Hawaii then on to Sydney. I looked at the price for similar cruises on Ovation and the current price so so very much higher than what we paid for Radiance. This is very disappointing if they indeed do cancel Radiance transpacific.