Equinox Photo Package Question

Bizylizy1123

Has anyone had experience with the photo package options post Covid shut down?  We are cruising in September on the Equinox and would like to pre-book a photo package.  I'm seeing mixed reviews about options for getting the pictures taken, timeliness of delivery of the digital download and whether or not there are prints included.  We are specifically interested in the $50 Unlimited Digital Photo Package with Prints.  Any input from more recent cruises would be appreciated.

Last month on Apex photos were instantly (well, within a day) available for download.  They (and I assume Edge) do not display paper prints---they are on monitors for you to review.  If they're offering Unlimited with prints for $50, TAKE IT!  Previously on Silhouette it was something like $99 for digital with a $50 upcharge to add all prints (which we came home with 4 pounds of!).

• Like 1

I was on the Edge and had no problem with the unlimited photo package.  Since the ship was at half capacity, I almost had a personal photographer because the photographer took a picture anywhere I asked.  It was great.  I ended up with 150 digital photos.  

I saw the same package on an upcoming Equinox.  The pricing seems off.  There is an unlimited digital package for $89 and then there is the unlimited digital with prints package for $50.  I jumped on it just in case.  I went through all my cruises and oddly only saw this package on S class ships not the M class or E class. 

I wish I had the opportunity to purchase the one you got at $50.   For my cruise the only alternatives are the unlimited digital and the photobook.    The Unlimited is priced at $89 but is currently on sale with 15% off.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:02 PM, Bizylizy1123 said:

Thank you all for your responses - it does seem too good to be true but I took your advice and booked it!  

I hope all your upcoming cruises are wonderful!

Thanks for asking the question!  I am on the May 21 Equinox cruise, and I saw the same offer.  I booked it now too based on the responses from your post!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, Mommacos said:

Thanks for asking the question!  I am on the May 21 Equinox cruise, and I saw the same offer.  I booked it now too based on the responses from your post!

Please let me know how it goes on your cruise.

We lived in Lansdale for a whole bunch of years, I kinda miss Philly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 9:21 AM, Bizylizy1123 said:

Has anyone had experience with the photo package options post Covid shut down?  We are cruising in September on the Equinox and would like to pre-book a photo package.  I'm seeing mixed reviews about options for getting the pictures taken, timeliness of delivery of the digital download and whether or not there are prints included.  We are specifically interested in the $50 Unlimited Digital Photo Package with Prints.  Any input from more recent cruises would be appreciated.

We always take the unlimited package- but last time only took digital as the prints get very heavy.  However, we were told we would have the digital  pictures within a week.  A few weeks past- back and fourth with my celebrity representative and finally we got the digital pics.  We figured for some reason they were lost- in the future we will take both the prints and the digital in the event that something happens to the digital.  We were on the Reflection March 12 sailing.

It is a great memory of your trip.  I encourage you to get the package.  We paid more then $50.  we had 100 pictures

1 hour ago, ericopia said:

Any word yet on whether the $50 package is all it seems to be? Thanks!

I was very happy with mine. 62 prints and the same in digital photos - could have been more but couldn’t drag my mum to get them taken! Photographers were lovely - make sure to take advantage of the green screen opportunities. 

28 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

I was very happy with mine. 62 prints and the same in digital photos - could have been more but couldn’t drag my mum to get them taken! Photographers were lovely - make sure to take advantage of the green screen opportunities. 

Thanks! I've gotten packages in the past and made full use of them … just confused that there's a $50 prints-and-downloads package, and then more expensive, separate prints-only or downloads-only packages, showing in the Cruise Planner. Sounds like the $50 package is a real thing, and works as expected!

23 minutes ago, ericopia said:

Thanks! I've gotten packages in the past and made full use of them … just confused that there's a $50 prints-and-downloads package, and then more expensive, separate prints-only or downloads-only packages, showing in the Cruise Planner. Sounds like the $50 package is a real thing, and works as expected!

Crazy isn’t it but honestly the $50 package worked great. My advice is to get some photos taken the first day and then in a day or two go along to the photo gallery and explain you have a package. They will set up a folder for you and also show you your downloads - that allows you to enter your email address for the link for the downloads after the cruise. They are all lovely - especially if you smile!

We had the package on Equinox in February. The young photogs were very much into their craft, were very pleased to get our feedback and suggestions. We carried away 20-30 prints, got the digital link and completed download about two days after disembarking.

Stan

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, watcher30 said:

Just curious - were the photos full-resolution (probably 4000x3000 pixels or more) or something less?

Thanks!

3000x2400 for indoor shots on chic night, 1800x2400 for shots on the pier with the ship in the background.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

On 5/28/2022 at 12:38 PM, txbird said:

If I purchase the package under my name, do I need to be in every picture, or will pictures of everyone in my cabin be included?  

As long as at least one person who is in the cabin with the person who purchased the package is in the picture it will be counted.  I purchased the package and was sharing a cabin with my mom and aunt. My sisters were in another cabin. So as an example, a picture with my mom and my sisters counted in the package. Or a picture with just my aunts or just my mom etc. etc.

On 5/28/2022 at 10:38 AM, txbird said:

If I purchase the package under my name, do I need to be in every picture, or will pictures of everyone in my cabin be included?  

No - you can add additional people at the Photo Shop for facial resolution -  Also all the other person needs to do is give them your room number when having a photo taken.  

Thank you, Jim. I bought the package. My husband and I are bringing our twin 10-year old grandsons on this cruise. I will love having all the pics of them, but of myself…..not so much!