RoyalUp - don't want the cabin we got

32 minutes ago, Susan in Maine said:

Our new cabin is still NEAR the elevators. My problem with this particular one is that when you get off the elevator or stairs, turn to port, and walk straight ahead, you would walk into the door of this particular cabin. (#11236, Anthem of the Seas)

This was my first opportunity to bid with Royal Up. My apologies for not knowing all the nuances!

My choice is usually to get a cabin that is in the middle of the corridor - I like the walk, and I appreciate the quiet. Clearly I wasn't going to turn down the upgrade - I just had a question.

I am glad it worked out for you…both the upgrade win and the swap.

Just realize you were lucky to be able to change cabins this time.  Once ships are back to sailing at full capacity, there will be a lower chance that you will be able to swap the cabin assigned by RoyalUp (because all other cabins in that category are apt to be full).  Before you bid on RoyalUp, be certain you can be happy in ANY cabin in the upgrade category on which you are considering bidding.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Susan in Maine said:

Our new cabin is still NEAR the elevators. My problem with this particular one is that when you get off the elevator or stairs, turn to port, and walk straight ahead, you would walk into the door of this particular cabin. (#11236, Anthem of the Seas)

This was my first opportunity to bid with Royal Up. My apologies for not knowing all the nuances!

My choice is usually to get a cabin that is in the middle of the corridor - I like the walk, and I appreciate the quiet. Clearly I wasn't going to turn down the upgrade - I just had a question.

That category of JS is only on the hump, so near the elevators.  Be very careful of what deck and cabin you move to as there are some of those cabins that have terrible noise issues.

10 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Then you didn't read before you posted.  #24 & quoted in #26.

I guess I missed that, I even thought we were talking about Radiance Class ship, there was talk about the Centrum... maybe I need to go to bed..................If it's a larger ship, then none of those cabins on a ship like Anthem are really near the elevator shafts........

4 hours ago, Susan in Maine said:

Just so you know, there will be a door with a lock on it, so that people coming from the elevator/stair lobby won't be able to just walk into your room.  

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but having a door open into hallway at the lobby area is not an issue unless you're in the habit of using a doorstop to hold your door open while you're in the room.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Like on the World Cruise? 😮 

John going to wear roller skates...................that walk is going to get awful long by say "day 15"....... then only 259 days to go............

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I had one till Laura gave up her giant OV for an aft and I grabbed her cabin. 

Is that the lounge that was turned into a cabin? that must have costed a pretty penny.

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Sounds Good, more Corner/Afts for me! 😎

I had 9256 on Radiance for first 4 legs around Taz/Australia/NZ fiords....that was cancelled.  😭

Bumped up to GS for the bouncy TP though...but also no longer going to happen.  😞 

• Like 1