Handicapped and No longer have a cabin!

Aboat1

I have been Loyal to Royal for years.  I In Dec.2021 I booked an Oceanview Accessible Cabin On the April 30 sailing of Explorer of the Seas.  I have paid in full at time of booking. Today, I received an email receipt from Royal .  It was a receipt for my sailng.  Finding it odd, I read it closely and see they DOWNGRADEED me to an interior. I am VERY claustrophobic.  If could sail in an Interior....I would have booked one!

After 4 hours on the phone with resolutions and Accessibility Department.  It seems there are No Ocean View or Balcony Accessible cabin available.  They do have a Jr. Suite that they will upgrade me to for $2000.00. They have offered me my money back, but can not refund my RCCL credit card points I have used to buy a dining package and drink package.

I can not help but feel that because I am old and Mobility challenged, Royal No longer wants my business. Being a loyal C&A member means nothing to them.  I have been mobility challenged and Solo since my Husbands passing 4 years ago. I was planning on meeting friends in Spain for a group cruise in 2023.  Not now knowing they can cancel you at will.

I have not agreed to take the refund, frankly I don't know what to do!

Your two cents please!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Aboat1 said:
17 minutes ago, Aboat1 said:

Your two cents please!

What was their reasoning for throwing you out of your cabin that you booked months ago? I would surely put that in your email to Bayley

• Like 2

Did they give you a refund for the room difference when they downgraded you?  Maybe the kind of room you want will open up before the cruise.  Maybe they can put you on a list to have one if it comes available.  There will probably be someone who does not show up for the cruise.

I really think that's a terrible way to treat a customer.  If they wanted some possible sick rooms, they should have blocked them off before selling the cruise.  I think they should upgrade you to the junior suite free of charge.  

• Like 12

No refund.  

5 minutes ago, sharon&family said:

Did they give you a refund for the room difference when they downgraded you?  Maybe the kind of room you want will open up before the cruise.  Maybe they can put you on a list to have one if it comes available.  There will probably be someone who does not show up for the cruise.

No offer of a refund!

1 minute ago, DaisyRose said:

I really think that's a terrible way to treat a customer.  If they wanted some possible sick rooms, they should have blocked them off before selling the cruise.  I think they should upgrade you to the junior suite free of charge.  

Thanks DaisyRose, I don't need all that.  I feel they should move a couple up to the Jr. Suite and give me an oceanview or Balcony I can sail in!

BUT....If I MUST get the Jr. Suite for free, I would force myself to take it! (LOL)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Aboat1 said:

Thanks DaisyRose, I don't need all that.  I feel they should move a couple up to the Jr. Suite and give me an oceanview or Balcony I can sail in!

BUT....If I MUST get the Jr. Suite for free, I would force myself to take it! (LOL)

What deck was your cabin on? They seem to be using cabins on deck 3 for quarantine 

Just now, njkruzer said:

What deck was your cabin on? They seem to be using cabins on deck 3 for quarantine 

two

Just now, njkruzer said:

Two

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

6 on deck 2

I'm amazed how many cabins are on deck 2 for that class

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

6 on deck 2

I booked 2320 Because it was a straight in shot for the elevator lobby.  I would like to think they had known they needed sick rooms when I bought and paid for my cabin.  

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Aboat1 said:

They need it for possible sick rooms

Possible. Booked 6 Cruises last month when they were released, all HC rooms were available except the Ocean View ones. Was wondering why they were holding them back

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Did you submit your special needs form for the accessible cabin? You’ll want to get this documented.

I spent a good hour on the phone with the department today.  I must say that they tried everything they could to get me a cabin.  I have always had good rapport with them. I have been sailing in accessible cabins for years now.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Aboat1 said:

I spent a good hour on the phone with the department today.  I must say that they tried everything they could to get me a cabin.  I have always had good rapport with them. I have been sailing in accessible cabins for years now.

Feel for you, Sorry. It shouldnt happen w/o them fixing it. Keep us updated

• Like 3