LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

10 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Same!  We have 2 crinkly and 4 regular!  They all seem like down. There is a pillow menu on the app.  Only 2 choices though

The Medallion app has the pillow menu? I looked but don’t see that option. Is it only accessible when you are on the ship? Where did you find it ?

1 hour ago, dskenn said:

Thank you for your great review!  One question, do we need to make a reservation for Salty Dog Gastropub?

We just walked right up.  No reservation was necessary.  I highly recommend the white tomato soup but the grilled cheese that comes with it was not good.  The cheese wasn’t melted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingJs said:

We just walked right up.  No reservation was necessary.  I highly recommend the white tomato soup but the grilled cheese that comes with it was not good.  The cheese wasn’t melted.

Thank you Janice!

our phone not working. Doesn't recognize us as occupant in cabin so won't let us retrieve messages.

Also can't remove messages. Friends have wrong name on their cabin phone and ours have no one.

Pursers desk said shore side will have to fix the phone system.

Also billing screwed up. I am using my credit card with my husband as authorized. It won't allow me to see his charges because it has it as his credit card and me as user. I explained it is my card , not his. I have to go back with my card to prove  so they can change it. Little glitzes but again, nothing that would ruin our cruise.

So, just to be clear - you all think the ENTIRE Dolphin deck is not being used unless for quarantine?  We are in D726 on 4/10 sailing and have not heard anything from Princess.  Had our TA check with Princess and they say we are still good for D726.  So you folks that were moved from Dolphin, how much notice did you get?

we are on the May 29th to Alaska and were upgraded from deluxe balcony on Dolphin to mini on Riviera deck three weeks ago but we did have the box checked when we first booked in January that we would accept any upgrade

1 hour ago, DiRonT said:

So, just to be clear - you all think the ENTIRE Dolphin deck is not being used unless for quarantine?  We are in D726 on 4/10 sailing and have not heard anything from Princess.  Had our TA check with Princess and they say we are still good for D726.  So you folks that were moved from Dolphin, how much notice did you get?

We were notified on 2/11 for our 4/17 cruise. We had an aft D4 balcony and moved to Baja deck. 

Check your Summary to see if your cabin is the same, maybe the email they sent to you went to the junk folder.

1 hour ago, DiRonT said:

You never know...we have a November cruise (not on Discovery) & got moved in February.

2 hours ago, DiRonT said:

I just walked down the stairs past Dolphin and the cabins on the starboard side are available.

The port side fire door is closed with this sign

PXL_20220401_201634448.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DiRonT said:

I had D724 taken from me early February for 4/10 since I don’t need a large corner anymore. Like tonit964 said, if you check your Summary or even when you open my booking it shows your cabin number. I hope you still have your corner but I would be shocked. I have checked almost every day to see if Dolphin opens up since I lost my cabin.  I do have Dolphin  booked for Super Bowl next year but that is a long way off. Good luck. 

15 minutes ago, andydunn said:

I just walked down the stairs past Dolphin and the cabins on the starboard side are available.

The port side fire door is closed with this sign

PXL_20220401_201634448.jpg

That’s good, maybe they will let him walk down there and cross over to his port side corner. I saw the same sign on the Majestic in Feb.

Edited by CruzDayz

2 hours ago, san diego sue said:

our phone not working. Doesn't recognize us as occupant in cabin so won't let us retrieve messages.

Also can't remove messages. Friends have wrong name on their cabin phone and ours have no one.

Pursers desk said shore side will have to fix the phone system.

Also billing screwed up. I am using my credit card with my husband as authorized. It won't allow me to see his charges because it has it as his credit card and me as user. I explained it is my card , not his. I have to go back with my card to prove  so they can change it. Little glitzes but again, nothing that would ruin our cruise.

It seems that since we have sailed on the Medallion cruises, (three last year) that is the way the folio goes.  My husband and I walked to guest services (no credit card in hand)  they changed  it.  No problems.

Just checked booking summary on personalizer and medallion app - both still show D726.  We had D727 on Majestic in November.  Lots of people said we would be moved, but we weren't which is why we went for it again on this upcoming cruise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Just checked booking summary on personalizer and medallion app - both still show D726.  We had D727 on Majestic in November.  Lots of people said we would be moved, but we weren't which is why we went for it again on this upcoming cruise.

Print your luggage tags.🙂

I have a question for those of you currently on board.  Did they provide the refillable jars of hand soap and body lotion? I usually bring my own but that will be two less things to pack if provided. Thank you in advance. Will be on board 4/17 and 4/24. Getting excited.

16 minutes ago, lljost said:

I have a question for those of you currently on board.  Did they provide the refillable jars of hand soap and body lotion? I usually bring my own but that will be two less things to pack if provided. Thank you in advance. Will be on board 4/17 and 4/24. Getting excited.

Yes and yes!  

20220401_135430.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1