Enchanted Princess Deck

MissP22

Be advised that there's a serious slipping situation with the pool decks on the Enchanted Princess. Over the past 20 days we've seen over 10 slipping accidents (my husband included). 

The latest being today as an elderly woman at the Wakeview pool who had to be taken out on a stretcher. It doesn't seem to make any difference if the people were wearing deck shoes or bare feet.

They still haven't issued any warnings to the passengers about the issue. 

The surface is a composite material to mimic teak decking which seems to be painted lines to give the impression of a caulking. 

I apologize for posting incorrectly about her slipping.  Although the deck was wet, it turns out that she suffers from A-fib, got dizzy and fell. She was traveling with a group from Canada. 

The deck still presents a hazzard as numerous people have found out. 

20220331_132211.thumb.jpg.db87c499bb54ef2ecb3b41d92fa50207.jpg

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Be advised that there's a serious slipping situation with the pool decks on the Enchanted Princess. Over the past 20 days we've seen over 10 slipping accidents (my husband included). 

The latest being today as an elderly woman at the Wakeview pool who had to be taken out on a stretcher. It doesn't seem to make any difference if the people were wearing deck shoes or bare feet.

They still haven't issued any warnings to the passengers about the issue. 

Were you there to witness this fall? I ask as you first blame the fall on the flooring, and then post again that the person falling had A fib. I have posted to you previously about being quick to place blame when it turns out many of the stories you present are hearsay.

How would other passengers know such private details of the person who fell? Very confusing but of concern that private details are known by others. How did passengers learn of the person's condition in such detail such as a heart rhythm described as Atrial fibrillation?

• Like 2

For the record, I did witness someone wiping out stepping our of one of the on-deck shower booths by the main Lido Deck pools on Enchanted in January.  The guy fell to his knee and then onto his butt, but didn't hit is head or anything.  It appeared to stun him a bit and the pool attendants were there quickly to assist him and put up those yellow "Slippery When Wet" signs. It appears his dignity was injured more than anything else, but he did walk off under his own power.

Just now, DCThunder said:

For the record, I did witness someone wiping out stepping out of one of the on-deck shower booths by the main Lido Deck pools on Enchanted in January.  The guy fell to his knee and then onto his butt, but didn't hit is head or anything.  It appeared to stun him a bit and the pool attendants were there quickly to assist him and put up those yellow "Slippery When Wet" signs. It appears his dignity was injured more than anything else, but he did walk off under his own power.

I myself slipped on this surface at the Retreat Pool on Enchanted. I was barefoot, just having gotten out of the pool, and was walking to pick up a towel. I was not injured,  just bruised and a little embarassed. But I was VERY careful after that. On the Regal this month the surface was blistering hot. You could not walk barefoot if you wanted to!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I myself slipped on this surface at the Retreat Pool on Enchanted. I was barefoot, just having gotten out of the pool, and was walking to pick up a towel. I was not injured,  just bruised and a little embarassed. But I was VERY careful after that. On the Regal this month the surface was blistering hot. You could not walk barefoot if you wanted to!

too much sun coconut oil and titanium dioxide in the water 

When we were on for 20  days in March there were several people commenting/complaining about how slippery the pool decks were.  We had to walk very carefully on them. When we were leaving the Sanctuary people around the pool warned us to walk slowly, and told us that someone had fallen earlier that day. There was a recent thread on this board from someone who was injured in a deck fall. 

• Like 1

Last week I personally saw 2 people fall, on the port side main pool deck, by the tables, next to the windows. They were both older and I couldn’t see if the deck was wet and slippery. To me it looked like they both just tripped and went down. My wife and I walked several times during the day on the track. In the morning the deck was wet and one of the guys was pushing the water off. They have signs that say that deck could be slippery when wet. My shoes seemed to work ok, as I never felt that the deck was slippery. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Loucat said:

Were you there to witness this fall? I ask as you first blame the fall on the flooring, and then post again that the person falling had A fib. I have posted to you previously about being quick to place blame when it turns out many of the stories you present are hearsay.

How would other passengers know such private details of the person who fell? Very confusing but of concern that private details are known by others. How did passengers learn of the person's condition in such detail such as a heart rhythm described as Atrial fibrillation?

Yes, I was within 30 feet of the incident when it happened.  Maybe your looking for a video of the actual  incident which I don't have but I did shoot  a few pictures of the scene & didn't think it appropriate to post. 

I learned ALL the details of her condition from what her husband told the group they're traveling with afterwards. 

You don't have to believe that the deck on the Enchanted has a problem so just move on to another post for your entertainment. 

Other's can take it for what it's worth and proceed with caution, or not. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Appreciate the heads up as that will be the pool we will be using and I am in and out of the pool all the time.  

All the pools have the same decking.

13 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Yes, I was within 30 feet of the incident when it happened.  Maybe your looking for a video of the actual  incident which I don't have but I did shoot  a few pictures of the scene & didn't think it appropriate to post. 

I learned ALL the details of her condition from what her husband told the group they're traveling with afterwards. 

You don't have to believe that the deck on the Enchanted has a problem so just move on to another post for your entertainment. 

Other's can take it for what it's worth and proceed with caution, or not. 

I do not read posts for entertainment, so I do not need to move anywhere.