LIVE - A Symphony Cruise April 23, 2022

We're getting VERY excited! All travel documents together, luggage tags together, going to start packing soon! We have started using packing cubes, and they make everything so easy! We go with 1 garment bag on wheels, 1 large suitcase, 2 "carry on" bags and 1 travel bag. The garment bag is perfect for her dresses, my dress shirts and slacks and my size 16 clunker shoes. Getting our nightly dinner list set.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 11:31 AM, YouthD said:

Probably have the entire cruise ship memorized from watching hours and hours of Youtube videos. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations. Will update this as we get closer to the date!

We were on Symphony 1/29/22-2/6/22 and had the same reaction when we boarded!  Hey!  We've seen this stuff already!   There was a paper show schedule in the room when you arrive.  We chose our shows for the week and made reservations by phone.  Easy peasy.  The shows were the best we have ever seen on a cruise and this was #16.  Take a sweater to the ice show.  I was sorry I didn't have one.  

The 4 Bedroom Villa opened up, so we put a bid on there, also a 50% off bid for the Ultimate Family Suite! Not expecting anything, but would be very fun! Only a few more days! Going to create some door decorations with magnets.

3 hours ago, YouthD said:

The 4 Bedroom Villa opened up, so we put a bid on there, also a 50% off bid for the Ultimate Family Suite! Not expecting anything, but would be very fun! Only a few more days! Going to create some door decorations with magnets.

What type of cabin did you have before and could you say how much you bid up?

33 minutes ago, YouthD said:

Just got a message from our Genie! We got Sunil! We've ready many good things about him. Has anyone had him before? If so, what does he like?

Sorry, I never had him. We had Luciano last October on Symphony. But saw a good review on Sunil from a family with two kids, he had an ice cream bar set up one evening in the cabin for the kids.  

35 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

We were on Symphony at the end of February and it was a good cruise, except for the fact there was no Hairspray.  Hopefully RCCL has that situation corrected. 

They won't have it until June I hear

On 4/10/2022 at 2:43 PM, sunrise314 said:

SOO exciting.. We are cruising on June 18 Symphony, question how soon did you get your notice that your Royal UP bid was excepted?

Please excuse my ignorance but what is Royal UP?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, drb_2000 said:

Please excuse my ignorance but what is Royal UP? 

RCI's cabin upgrade program in which in exchange for marketing data they string you along until after the ship sails.

Edited by Biker19

On 4/19/2022 at 2:13 PM, YouthD said:

Just won our bid for a Villa Suite! Too bad we can't add people to it after the fact. Can't wait for our question sheet!

Congratulations!  How awesome.  Looking forward to reading about your cruise, especially about the cabin and the Genie experience.  Have a fantastic vacation!!  

17 hours ago, fmack said:

Hi, we are on the same sailing the week after. Can you please post the show schedule and advise of the # of passengers? 

Hi

If you mean 30th sailing I just received the schedule from the suite concierge today saying it may be subject to some changes. DB6C835A-9158-49D4-BF60-BBE8F15CCE60.thumb.png.f50b1c23e49309b8369dbbd69d501bdf.png