Tampa port to Tampa airport

BCHappyGal

15-20 minutes is correct as long as you don't run into any traffic snags. As to what is the earliest flight time to safely book.....hard to say without knowing what time your ship arrival time is...and again that you don't run into any snags debarking. Tampa airport is great...so if you have a couple to a few hours before your flight no problem....plenty restaurants to hang out at.

• 4 weeks later...

We're also cruising into Tampa, Nov 6 after having left the US on Oct 7 so we'll be anxious to get home.  Is a 2PM flight appropriate with the ship arriving at 5AM?  We're in Seattle so it will be a 9 hour flight home 😞  , just like crossing the Atlantic!  

We'll probably use Uber/Lyft to get to the airport?  

Edited by norwega
additional info

1 hour ago, norwega said:

We're also cruising into Tampa, Nov 6 after having left the US on Oct 7 so we'll be anxious to get home.  Is a 2PM flight appropriate with the ship arriving at 5AM?  We're in Seattle so it will be a 9 hour flight home 😞  , just like crossing the Atlantic!  

We'll probably use Uber/Lyft to get to the airport?  

Yes, that'll give you more than enough time. Are you on the Constellation's WBTA?

I did a sailing out of Tampa April 10-17th.  I was staying overnight so no hurry to get off the ship.  I got group 24.  

I was off the ship, taken an Uber and checked into my hotel at 10:10 a.m.  I was with all groups off the ship.  Want to say shortly before 8 a.m. they were letting self carry on off

On 5/1/2022 at 7:18 PM, hannibal54 said:

The last time that I sailed out of Tampa, all you had to do is look for people with signs to the airport, at the time it was $8.00 per person with no reservation.

That's exactly what we did back in March. Six of us just walked outside with no real plan. There was the nice shuttle bus sitting right there. Very easy to see them. The bus seats about 16-20 people. It is now $10/pp.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, norwega said:

is an 11AM flight realistic?  We'll be able to manage our own stuff if needed.  

Should be okay - unless fog delays the ship and then who knows.

For an 11:00 AM flight you need to be at TPA by about 9:30. The cab/Uber/Lyft ride from the port to TPA takes about 15 minutes.  That translates into off the ship, with bags and clear of customs/Immigration by about 9:00 or earlier.

We cruised on the Constellation the beginning of Nov. It was Constellation's very first cruise since Covid.  When we got off the ship, there were NO taxies.  Nobody told us why.  Fortunately, I had the Uber app on my phone.  We were not going to the airport, but to a hotel for a day room.  There was; however, a van taking people to the airport for a flat fee.

Thanks, I booked the flight so will hope all is well.  We're supposed to arrive at 5AM, so even a couple hour delay should be fine.  I was able to find a non-stop, so we'll be back in Seattle in 6 hours 😉  

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 9:10 AM, norwega said:

Thanks, I booked the flight so will hope all is well.  We're supposed to arrive at 5AM, so even a couple hour delay should be fine.  I was able to find a non-stop, so we'll be back in Seattle in 6 hours 😉  

Plus, you have a backup, later flight should the need arise.

• Like 1