Guys Fries on Mardi Gras

cruiserbrianj

We just got off the Mardi Gras and I don't know what happened as we could never get an answer but the fries at Guys were totally different.  Looked way different...very pale, not much seasoning and extremely disappointing. Anyone else on other ships (or the Mardi Gras) experienced this?  If there was a positive to this situation, I didn't eat any fries so there's that lol. Nonetheless, I hope this was a one off type of thing.

I Noticed the fries on Freedom were like you mentioned. But then on the Sunshine they were normal like we are all used to. So I'm not sure if this is a ship-by-ship supply chain issue, or how they determine which ship gets which kind of fries.

FWIW I still think the Deli has the best fries on the ship, but if I had to pick one Guy's kind I'd go with the old style no question.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I Noticed the fries on Freedom were like you mentioned. But then on the Sunshine they were normal like we are all used to. So I'm not sure if this is a ship-by-ship supply chain issue, or how they determine which ship gets which kind of fries.

FWIW I still think the Deli has the best fries on the ship, but if I had to pick one Guy's kind I'd go with the old style no question.

So I am thinking deli fries with the yummy Guys sauces!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiserbrianj said:

We just got off the Mardi Gras and I don't know what happened as we could never get an answer but the fries at Guys were totally different.  Looked way different...very pale, not much seasoning and extremely disappointing. Anyone else on other ships (or the Mardi Gras) experienced this?  If there was a positive to this situation, I didn't eat any fries so there's that lol. Nonetheless, I hope this was a one off type of thing.

Ours were fine this past March.  Same ole same ole

I want to be like you guys when I finally grow up. When French fries become a topic of the day then we all have way too much time on our hands.  

Just having some fun!! According to my family their fries were good as usual. I don't eat them. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cbringdrvr said:

We were on Conquest on March 28th, fries were the original classic.  Hopped on Mardi Gras on April 2nd, fries were different  , not as good.  I did, however like the thin wedges at Big Chicken.

Agree, the wedges at Shaq's were a pleasant surprise...however, we never went mid day just for an order of fries. Btw...we were on the cruise on April 2 with y'all 😂