Fitness Class Prices

• 7 months later...

It's probably too late, but I just bought the class pass and used it on the Explorer.  3 classes for $39, each class was $20, and they had yoga, spin and pilates (and maybe another, but I didn't go) for the classes.  Each one was offered a couple of times on the cruise.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, celoplyr said:

It's probably too late, but I just bought the class pass and used it on the Explorer.  3 classes for $39, each class was $20, and they had yoga, spin and pilates (and maybe another, but I didn't go) for the classes.  Each one was offered a couple of times on the cruise.

Nice. I always go for the $69 unlimited class pass. On my recent Anthem sailing I used it for boot camp classes, a TRX suspension class and 3 spin classes. 

Most are $20 per class. I will say that the past few years, the classes are very poor. Taught by somebody with maybe a little fitness background. I have done several yoga and spin classes and have generally left feeling like I shouldn’t have paid for it and would have gotten a better workout on my own. I suggest asking who the instructor is or observing a class before you commit to be totally honest. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Most are $20 per class. I will say that the past few years, the classes are very poor. Taught by somebody with maybe a little fitness background. I have done several yoga and spin classes and have generally left feeling like I shouldn’t have paid for it and would have gotten a better workout on my own. I suggest asking who the instructor is or observing a class before you commit to be totally honest. 

Great advice I also find them a waste of money much better work out on your own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kruzerci said:

this is absolutely correct.

17 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

It is definitely not the quality class you would expect at home. Maybe acceptable for somebody who doesn’t have any fitness experience or expectations lol. 

also good for those who feel they do better in a class setting where others help motivate.

But a waste of money for those of us who had "Doesn't follow instructions well" notes on our report cards.😁

On 12/22/2022 at 6:08 AM, kruzerci said:

It is definitely not the quality class you would expect at home. Maybe acceptable for somebody who doesn’t have any fitness experience or expectations lol. 

I purchased them specifically to try out different styles of fitness, and for the first time.  For many of us, the first class- where you don't know how to set up, and what is going to happen, etc- is very intimidating.  This was PERFECT for that.  

On 12/21/2022 at 11:37 PM, kruzerci said:

I'm always surprised they don't use the entertainment staff (Dancers, Figure Skaters, Aqua Show Performers) to host fitness classes.  I'm sure it would be a fun way for them to make extra money and they are extremely fit - if you follow Jordan Bauth on youtube, she's always doing her own HIIT classes.  Would love to take one with her.

Meanwhile, I took a yoga class on my last cruise, and the teacher seemed like he had never done yoga and was teaching it from an instruction manual.  

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 11:37 PM, kruzerci said:

LOL did a bootcamp class on Harmony last month.  Cost $20.  He was sooo bad - had to keep referring to his iphone to see what was next - LOL.  I definitely work out harder myself than in that class.  Grab a tabata format - you'll get so much more of a workout:  32 Minute Full Body Tabata Workout

Edited by zoepipes

When I was on symphony, they had the spin room locked up and wouldn't let anyone use it unless they signed up for a class, which I didn't do because I didn't want to workout at 9am. I wanted to workout on my own time, doing my own hour of spin that I know works well for me and is a good workout. I took up extra space in my luggage with spin shoes I never got to use.