Royal Production Shows?

VibeGuy

53 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to which production shows will be on Royal at her restart?

On The Bayou - the best Princess show EVER ! - when done on the Island or Coral in the Universe Lounge.

j/k - Rock Opera ? - wife really enjoyed it, I needed more ROCK 

From my 2019 Princess Patters, the shows are Sweet Soul Music, Colors of the World, and Encore.  I doubt they have changed.  On the Grand Princess, the currently shows are Sweet Soul Music, Stardust, and British Invasion.  I'm going to say that they are at least ten years old.  It seems like only the new ships get the new shows. 

I thought Royal was supposed to get one of the Schwartz shows at one point.  The one with the Henson Creature Shop puppets. 

I confess, I have an irrational HATE of Colors of the World.  It may be due to overexposure, or it may just be the level of cultural appropriation. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VibeGuy said:

I thought Royal was supposed to get one of the Schwartz shows at one point.  The one with the Henson Creature Shop puppets. 

Possibly you are correct.  I do remember being on one ship where that particular show was cancelled due to problems with the puppets.  They had to be sent off ship for repairs.  I have yet to see it. 

19 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

I confess, I have an irrational HATE of Colors of the World.  It may be due to overexposure, or it may just be the level of cultural appropriation. 

It's a small world after all, it's a ... oops, wrong cruiseline

• Haha 2

We are on the first cruise on the Royal on May 2 and they are starting to populate the daily activities on the app, so it will be interesting to see if they preview any of the entertainment options. So far it's just the basic daily activity kind of information. If they add any show information, I'll report back. I'm not expecting anything too elaborate given its the first cruise and the crew and entertainment staff will no doubt be settling in after a very long hiatus.

They started transferring entertainment and cruise staff to the ship back in January when it was being used for quarantine.    They even ran a special segment LA-Ensenada to transfer staff off Ruby outside US control.  They also took a two month delay in return to service so they may be better staffed than anticipated - or worse if they’ve moved staff to busier sailings.  I’m going to hope for the former and be satisfied with the latter. 

I, too, have been watching the activities populate!  I’m just *thrilled* to see Gold By The Inch return! 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

There were no decent production shows on the Majestic last month.  Something called Encore and something called Sweet Soul Music.  I walked out of both of them.

What would you call a decent production show?  Both of these were very well received and not cheesy. 

Well, the Medallion Gods heard my entreaties and recognize that I sacrificed an infrequent cruiser to a local volcano, to rent their fealty. 

The production shows are:

Encore

Sweet Soul Music

<The One That Shall Not Be Named For Fear That It Might Spread>

The *good* news is that Michael Misko is scheduled to appear - he’s one of the magicians they’ve used for Magic To Do in the past, and he’s quite good.  

13 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

Well, the Medallion Gods heard my entreaties and recognize that I sacrificed an infrequent cruiser to a local volcano, to rent their fealty. 

The production shows are:

Encore

Sweet Soul Music

<The One That Shall Not Be Named For Fear That It Might Spread>

The *good* news is that Michael Misko is scheduled to appear - he’s one of the magicians they’ve used for Magic To Do in the past, and he’s quite good.  

One would think - even with keeping the same show names - they could mix in some new songs for a change.  I always like to have a good comedian.  On one cruise we were lucky and had two.

Edited by Steelers36

Well I’m not taking this cruise for the shows but for the great itinerary - so I guess I’m not disappointed but none of them really excite me. I’ve seen Colors of the Wind and Encore multiple times and well, meh! Honestly Princess falls far short in their production shows. We were on NCL last year and their shows are amazing. Jersey Boys was a wow! But now I can avoid a crowded theatre situation and just enjoy Alaska on my balcony. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2022 at 11:56 AM, VibeGuy said:

Just recently off Royal Princess. I had never seen Colors of the World before. My wife and I agree it's not a good show. I have no need to ever see that one again.

Production shows are up on my Majestic cruise next month and they're new-to-me:

Day 2: Spotlight Bar

Day 6: Rock Opera

The only show I personally found boring was Stardust, but then all the songs were new to me so ~~~~

1 hour ago, sloopsailor said:

While not a production show, are they still doing the fountain "dance" shows in the evenings? 

Yes, they were doing them on our recent Alaska cruise, but most nights it was really too cold and windy on deck to enjoy them.