Abbott Home Test Question

Rb72

I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find the answer. Do you have to set up an appointment prior to the day you are taking the home test or do you just go to the “Test with E-med” button on the app when you are ready that day. And, do you get an appointment immediately?

Be sure you don’t open the individual test box until the proctor tells you to open it.

Also wash your hands and have your id ready before you start the session.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D4 said:

Be sure you don’t open the individual test box until the proctor tells you to open it.

I learned this the hard way.  I had sliced open the seal on the end of the box so that I wouldn't need to mess with that after connecting to the proctor.  I was told that the test was no longer valid (as a proctored test...still works as an at home self-test) since the seal was broken.  Fortunately, I had purchased extras.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rb72 said:

Thank you both! 

You don’t need to watch a YouTube video. They literally walk you thru each step from start to finish. I was a little worried the first time I did it, but I was worried for nothing. I have used at home testing for my last 6 cruises without any issues and will continue to test at home as long as testing is mandatory. 

• Like 1

You will need to prop your phone up so they can watch you do the test. I have a side table that's up against a wall and that worked well. The phone will need to be pretty much at a 90 degree angle so they can see the surface of the table. You could put a solid object like a book if you don't have a table against a wall. 

It's a little nerve-wracking the first time you do it but they really do talk you through every part. During the 15 minute gap time you are able to move around but you leave your phone and test card on the table. A different operator then comes on and you tell them your results. It's a little weird because I expected them to tell me my results since they do look at it, but they ask you to say it's negative. 

You can save the results as a pdf on your phone so no need to print it out if you don't have a printer.

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I learned this the hard way.  I had sliced open the seal on the end of the box so that I wouldn't need to mess with that after connecting to the proctor.  I was told that the test was no longer valid (as a proctored test...still works as an at home self-test) since the seal was broken.  Fortunately, I had purchased extras.

Good thing for the extras…did they also have the “do not open until instructed to do so” sleeves on them? 🙂😄

Edited by PTC DAWG

38 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Good thing for the extras…did they also have the “do not open until instructed to do so” sleeves on them? 🙂😄

No sleeve anymore but it definitely says do not open on the box.  This was my 4th time doing this test and since it's very easy to do, I think I got a little too complacent.  I didn't look at the box at all.

I’ve done other home tests, just not the proctored (which I assumed was the same minus the online part) and for our last cruise we did cvs which was fine. There’s 5 of us this time so was just nervous about trying to get all of us back in time. 

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

but did you get a print out in email on computer as well as phone?

No, I don't have a printer and didn't bother to go to a printing shop. They do send an email if you with to print it you won't have trouble doing so.

3 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

No, I don't have a printer and didn't bother to go to a printing shop. They do send an email if you with to print it you won't have trouble doing so.

okay thanks  I like paper as ya never know when phone acts up or reception.

Honestly I feel more stressed now than ever

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rdtpm64 said:

I used our laptop for the test, so I logged in online instead of the app.  Went very smoothly, and had my results sent to the app before I even signed off.

I’ve got to test tomorrow to board on Saturday and would prefer the laptop to avoid messing with the phone. I did get the Navica app and created an account but how do I get the laptop test results on the app? Am I going to scan the QR code from the test I take via laptop and that will match up with the app?

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

okay thanks  I like paper as ya never know when phone acts up or reception.

Honestly I feel more stressed now than ever

To me it's a lot less stressful than possibly having an appointment cancelled or not having results arrive in time. Just follow each step methodically, nice and slow, you will be fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimed14 said:

I’ve got to test tomorrow to board on Saturday and would prefer the laptop to avoid messing with the phone. I did get the Navica app and created an account but how do I get the laptop test results on the app? Am I going to scan the QR code from the test I take via laptop and that will match up with the app?

It will be on the app and will be emailed.  Follow the directions on the email to access your results and then print it out.  That's what we're going to do tomorrow.  Did it in December.  I use my laptop.  Dh uses his desktop with a movable webcam.

We do belt and suspenders (multiple pairs).  I've got my results in the Navica app on my phone.  I screen shot the results so that I also have the results in my camera roll in case the app has a problem.  I open the attachment from the email results into the Adobe Reader app on my phone so that I have it in both email and Adobe Reader in case of an email problem. I then Airdrop the screen shots to my wife and forward the email results message to her, so that she has copies of everything on her phone, in case there's a problem with my phone.  My wife does the same on her phone so that we both have multiple copies of everything for each other.  Would it be easier to just print out a hard copy?  Sure, but where's the fun in that?

• Haha 1