Unmasking… new protocols 4/22

4 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

You all know this post started out as a celebration that all masking is lifted on the ships and it has turned into a vaccine debate and a mask debate?  Focus everyone, no masks for vaccinated and unvaccinated, and the ships are 100% full, and the fun has returned

Yes!!!  🙂

5 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I regard it as a necessary evil to move on with life.  I will never agree with how it was enforced and how any questions about the vaccines were handled on every social media platform.  Only reason I got them and the booster was for work and travel.  Do I worry about long term effects?  Sure.  But I cannot spend my life worrying about everything I do could cause me to grow a tail or horns 5 yrs down the road.  Its why I didn't worry about covid once info started trickling out and I witnessed people my age who got it.

It is only necessary for me right now to cruise. That is all. I have been fine the last 2 years without it so I really don't want it but we will see how this all comes about. No masking is a great step. Next should be no testing too 🙂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

You all know this post started out as a celebration that all masking is lifted on the ships and it has turned into a vaccine debate and a mask debate?  Focus everyone, no masks for vaccinated and unvaccinated, and the ships are 100% full, and the fun has returned

Except that protocols can be changed at any time.  Midway through a cruise masks can be required again.  Some ports may require masks.  Does not sound like the fun has returned with certainty.  

29 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Except that protocols can be changed at any time.  Midway through a cruise masks can be required again.  Some ports may require masks.  Does not sound like the fun has returned with certainty.  

True, but it's also harder to put the genie back in the bottle.  I believe we are seeing that one of the theories is proving valid, which is that the virus will mutate, and each mutation will become less deadly.  At some point, we will collectively will decide that SARS-Cov-2 is not a serious threat to public health and we'll treat it like the common cold or flu.  I think we are literally just one more "season" away from that.  Of course that's not certain, but at least for now, the fun has returned!

41 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I can't see that happening as most places, except for doctors and hospitals, don't require masks anymore. People are over it and enough is enough. Everything should be optional at this point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

I can't see that happening as most places, except for doctors and hospitals, don't require masks anymore. People are over it and enough is enough. Everything should be optional at this point. 

I think that some ports still require them.  I just don't want to take a chance on them being required at any point of my vacation.  On land you can just check out and go somewhere else.  On a cruise you are stuck with their protocols.

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Thank you, that is very interesting. I wonder why then they are blaming the ports and their rules if they don't require a vaccine to get off the ship.

The 95% requirement is due to RCI participating in the CDC’s voluntary highly vaccinated program. 

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

We cruised last September during the Delta wave and had to wear masks onboard. We still had lots of fun. We were just so happy to be cruising again, it was a small inconvenience.

I'm glad masking is on its way out, though!

46 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think that some ports still require them.  I just don't want to take a chance on them being required at any point of my vacation.  On land you can just check out and go somewhere else.  On a cruise you are stuck with their protocols.

Understood. I heard Bahamas is still requiring them but I have done research watching videos and there is almost no one walking around wearing them so they must not be very strict with their rules. Especially these ports that rely on tourists. 

23 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Understood. I heard Bahamas is still requiring them but I have done research watching videos and there is almost no one walking around wearing them so they must not be very strict with their rules. Especially these ports that rely on tourists. 

On Liberty last month, masks were "required" at all ports. No one wore them though and no one tried to enforce it.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I am able to have fun masked or unmasked. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I guess it depends on the type of mask.  😏

True.  

For me, some of the over-the-ear KN95's can get uncomfortable, but only after a couple of continuous hours. I can wear the head/neck strap ones with proper fit for many consecutive hours and forget I have them on.

5 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

agreed.....have only worn it on an airplane and I took a really long time to eat.

We had vouchers we had to use last summer.  We stayed in the airport restaurants as long as possible.  Once on the plane I found out I could hold a drink up to my mouth for at least 30 minutes at a time.  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

True.  

For me, some of the over-the-ear KN95's can get uncomfortable, but only after a couple of continuous hours. I can wear the head/neck strap ones with proper fit for many consecutive hours and forget I have them on.

I don't think the poster was speaking of a mask for covid or medical reasons lololol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, pcur said:

My previous post was rather widely misinterpreted.  I was concerned about GETTING COVID FROM unvaccinated people of any age.

Interesting to note that while I've been mostly cruising since mid-February, coughing and hacking on board ship went from none to a friend going home with (non-COVID) pneumonia last week. It came on after masks were no longer required.

Oh, it might assist some in their decisions to know, and read, that reinfections after having COVID certainly do happen.

Me? I expect to get my 13th negative COVID test in 2.5 months when I get my masked face home in 2 days.   

Happy cruising, everyone!!

Funny as many unvaccinated were worried about getting it from the vaccinated people lol. Almost all my vaccinated friends have had covid.

• Like 5