Shareholder OBC

amajaa

1 minute ago, Murray's Pop said:

Crazy!!  I resent ours today, will see if anything happens.

I sent mine in 7 weeks ago and nothing. I am now on hold waiting to talk to the benefit people.

Watch your accounts. I submitted proof of stock ownership about 4 weeks ago and have been checking daily for about a week. Yesterday the obc was applied, but THE BASE CRUISE FARE HAD BEEN RAISED OVER 2K. Final payment was May 19 so we had a zero balance before. It was only my cruise fare, not husband's, so very weird. And weird that it happened at the same time. PVP contacted someone who changed it quickly and agreed that it was a mistake on someone's part. PVP's comment was "I'm glad they didn't cancel your cruise for lack of payment.". Wow. 

5 hours ago, drowelf said:

Well, thats interesting, the $30pp that my TA gave me does not show up there. I only see it under the Payments Section of 'Manage Reservation'. 

Well, just got this today. 

Your message

To: Benefit, Shareholder (PCL)
   Subject: [EXTERNAL] Stockholders OBC Credit Request - Booking 2W3WGG
   Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 12:34:17 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

was deleted without being read on Thursday, June 23, 2022 9:08:05 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

So my response is to send the email again and fax it in. Let see if this gets any better response. 

Wow, faxed and emailed the request again today. The OBC is now showing up in my account.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phantomII said:

What is the proper email address now for shareholder OBC? USA. FAX number too? I have submitted twice and have not got an answer or credit.

I found this on the Carnival site. I don't know if its any good since I do know their extension changed.

PRINCESS CRUISES* Customer Solutions 24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200 Santa Clarita, CA 91355 Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 Fax 661 753 0180 Email: sbpcl@princesscruises.co

5 minutes ago, phantomII said:

What is the proper email address now for shareholder OBC? USA. FAX number too? I have submitted twice and have not got an answer or credit.

This is from the 2021 benefits declaration. 

PRINCESS CRUISES*
Customer Solutions
24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317
Fax 661 753 0180
Email: sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Which can be found at this link

23 minutes ago, phantomII said:

I found this on the Carnival site. I don't know if its any good since I do know their extension changed.

PRINCESS CRUISES* Customer Solutions 24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200 Santa Clarita, CA 91355 Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 Fax 661 753 0180 Email: sbpcl@princesscruises.co

It can several weeks to get around to get around to it, but they will eventually. Not high on their list of priorities.

Just to chime in.... we mailed our request in three weeks ago without response and followed up earlier this week with e-mail stating SECOND REQUEST. The credit was applied a few days later. Reading the posts it seems letting them know this is not the first request is helpful?

• Like 1

On our most recent request (May), the OBC took 24 days from request to posting. We used the email address sbpcl@princesscruises.com.  We did not need to follow up.  In February, we booked a last minute cruise, so we emailed and followed up with a phone call.  They told me the turnaround was about 4 weeks.  The found the email request and applied the credits while I was on the phone.

• Like 2

We received our shareholders credit for our August cruise in 13 days by using the email option. Also had added booking number for our March 2023 cruise and did also receive our credit for that cruise. Both booking numbers were on same shareholder form.

OK, just got an email telling me my OBC was added. A new booking confirmation was included, and it is showing a $250 OBC. 

However when I sign in and look at my upcoming cruise information, it is still showing $0 under OBC.  Will this show up here in the near future?  

5 minutes ago, Timbles said:

Where are you looking and see $0? 

The only place you should see this is on the Payments page, scroll to the bottom and it should show there.

Yes, I saw it there.  I was referring to when you sign in to your account.  There is shows your Cruises Sailed, Cruise Days, Captain's Circle Level and Onboard Credits.  This is still showing as $0.  All the other items are correct.

The Onboard Credits area you are referring to will never show shareholders OBC since it is a credit that you need to apply for each and every cruise. If you were to have a Future Cruise Deposit purchased but not used yet it would show as a onboard credit in that area. Not the deposit itself, but the amount of OBC you could get which is a minimum of $15 (like if you used a FCD on a 5 day inside cabin)

On 6/25/2022 at 6:42 AM, chisoxfan said:

Just to chime in.... we mailed our request in three weeks ago without response and followed up earlier this week with e-mail stating SECOND REQUEST. The credit was applied a few days later. Reading the posts it seems letting them know this is not the first request is helpful?

Sent mine in again a few weeks ago with 3RD Request in the subject line.  Still waiting.

We had applied in good time beforehand and sent reminders - all ignored. It was impossible to get through by phone to speak to the shareholder team as no one ever answered.

We collated copies of all our ignored correspondence, and evidence of shares held, and took them to Guest Services on the ship.

We eventually got the OBC applied, a few days later.

If anyone is struggling to get a pre-cruise response I'd recommend going well-armed with your documents and ask Guest Services to sort it out immediately.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:17 AM, billco said:

It can several weeks to get around to get around to it, but they will eventually. Not high on their list of priorities.

It would be comforting to have received an email that your request was received & they're working on it.

• Like 1

We submitted request June 15 and it just showed up this morning (June 28) 

I'm thinking that whoever is doing this only looks at the request ever 3 or 4 days and tries to catch-up on all the request then. Oher days they are busy doing other things. Like I said - just a guess 

Extremely poor performance by Princess post payment. In the UK I've tried to ring them without any joy about our booking and sent 3 requests in for shareholders credit without any luck.

Okay they may be short staffed but no service like this is unacceptable.

Didn't have this nonsense from Celebrity for our May Med cruise.

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It would be comforting to have received an email that your request was received & they're working on it.

Totally agree.  Many companies have a built in system that acknowledges when a customer email is received and provides an automatic response that the email was received.  That way a customer knows that the information was received by Princess. 

1 hour ago, Murray's Pop said:

Totally agree.  Many companies have a built in system that acknowledges when a customer email is received and provides an automatic response that the email was received.  That way a customer knows that the information was received by Princess. 

The irony is, that by not (for example) automatically acknowledging receipt, then giving a timescale for response etc, Princess simply get more and more follow-up emails and phonecalls from concerned or irritated customers. They are their own worst enemy.