COVID reimbursement questions.

hooskydo

Has anyone went through the process of being reimbursed due to getting covid onboard a Celebrity cruise?

We were told we would be contacted but have received no word. Our cruise was April 9th-16th. 

I'm just trying to get some idea of time frame and whether or not I should contact them instead of waiting.

Any insight would be great 🙂

We cancelled a cruise on April 5 and were told we would here something and nothing to date. We did our upgrade money back in 10 days and then we received the rest on April 24. Still no explanation of anything. I cannot believe there is no communication even when they are doing something good. It would sure relieve the anxiousness that comes with this process. Our cruise was on the 10th. We kept getting info for checkin etc on the 10th, so we were never sure that phone call actually worked. We that sail with X and RCL know their IT and systems are the worst. We also know that most all the time it works out ok. Just have faith. 

4 hours ago, Pennstatedj said:

We cancelled a cruise on April 5 and were told we would here something and nothing to date. We did our upgrade money back in 10 days and then we received the rest on April 24. Still no explanation of anything. I cannot believe there is no communication even when they are doing something good. It would sure relieve the anxiousness that comes with this process. Our cruise was on the 10th. We kept getting info for checkin etc on the 10th, so we were never sure that phone call actually worked. We that sail with X and RCL know their IT and systems are the worst. We also know that most all the time it works out ok. Just have faith. 

Ty for the info. Just to confirm, you cancelled because you tested positive for covid?

I submitted paperwork/receipts for reimbursement on April 1 and again on April 18th, have yet to get any communication from them.  The phone number listed on the letter for Customer Service is not a working number.  My credit card bills are beginning to arrive with the costs of hotel and food while in isolation.  

The ships staff were amazing while we were on board and took very good care of us.  I was in love the the ship at first sight and this was our first cruise with Celebrity. But I am beginning to have doubts about them.  

Im working on getting ahold of them by phone today. If I can find a correct number.  I feel Im in for long hold times and being passed to many departments.

Good luck to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have CCL on chat.  The dedicated phone number on the letter from Celebrity to handle to Covid reiembursement cases is INCORRECT.  The rep on the online chat have me the number of 844 418 6824.

Give this number a call, I hope you get answers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, all those dates are much better than ours...today is 6 months since cancelling 49 hrs before our cruise. Got FCCs after 5 months, but no refunds for fees and planner purchases yet. Called again yesterday: refund never went out because of a transmission error (3rd time this happened), but allegedly now sent by Accounting supervisor personally. By next Friday, supposedly....we will see.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Well, all those dates are much better than ours...today is 6 months since cancelling 49 hrs before our cruise. Got FCCs after 5 months, but no refunds for fees and planner purchases yet. Called again yesterday: refund never went out because of a transmission error (3rd time this happened), but allegedly now sent by Accounting supervisor personally. By next Friday, supposedly....we will see.

Did they offer you a choice of FCC or refund? I talked to someone today and they said refund only. But I still have to jump thru hoops. They want me to request my covid test from them so they can then confirm we had covid. I did get them on board to remove things I prepaid for on the cruise and refund the part of the thermal spa pass we would not be using. So that's done at least.

12 hours ago, 39august said:

What ship were you on, please? If your phone number is not correct, try this number. They should be able to give you the correct number for this situation. 316-554-5608

We were on the Apex.

12 hours ago, 2boxers said:

I have CCL on chat.  The dedicated phone number on the letter from Celebrity to handle to Covid reiembursement cases is INCORRECT.  The rep on the online chat have me the number of 844 418 6824.

I called this number today. The rep told me to send them our positive covid results, which they never gave us, and they would then confirm with the ship. So that.

Were you on-board when you tested positive or did you cancel prior to boarding because of covid? I may have misunderstood. I thought you tested positive while onboard and were waiting for reimbursement for hotel and transportation costs as a result of not being able to return home as planned. My husband tested positive on day 5 of our 7 day cruise. He and I had to isolate in separate staterooms for two days then had to remain in Florida for an additional 3 days before he was able to fly commercial. X made and covered our new flights home and covered his hotel room for the three nights (I choose to have a separate room as we felt one of us needed to stay as healthy as possible) they also covered our food expenses for those three days as well as transportation to the hotel from the ship. I had sent my receipts via email twice and had not heard anything. Once I got the correct customer service number (that took about an hour!) I was able to speak with a rep who located my emails and worked out the entire reimbursement and refund for the days of the cruise we were in isolation, they asked for a credit card number for the funds to be sent to and it was done within another hour. Still no explanation as to why there had been no communication. I was satisfied with the results. Good luck to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, hooskydo said:

Did they offer you a choice of FCC or refund?

No, ours was a cancellation before the cruise due to a close contact testing positive the same day. FCC for fares was only option (refund for fees). I think getting covid and being denied boarding may allow a choice. We just cancelled to keep from spreading in case we caught it and were not showing up as positive.

After the tragi-comedy of errors went on so long, I tried to see if they could just refund us in OBC for our next cruise, but no dice. 

Just think, that was so long ago it was a Delta infection for our friend, who later got omicron, too. We just are inconvenienced, but she has twice been miserable and, being immuno-suppressed, may face heightened vulnerability to yet more variants. Perspective in these times helps.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 2boxers said:

Were you on-board when you tested positive or did you cancel prior to boarding because of covid? I may have misunderstood. I thought you tested positive while onboard and were waiting for reimbursement for hotel and transportation costs as a result of not being able to return home as planned. My husband tested positive on day 5 of our 7 day cruise. He and I had to isolate in separate staterooms for two days then had to remain in Florida for an additional 3 days before he was able to fly commercial. X made and covered our new flights home and covered his hotel room for the three nights (I choose to have a separate room as we felt one of us needed to stay as healthy as possible) they also covered our food expenses for those three days as well as transportation to the hotel from the ship. I had sent my receipts via email twice and had not heard anything. Once I got the correct customer service number (that took about an hour!) I was able to speak with a rep who located my emails and worked out the entire reimbursement and refund for the days of the cruise we were in isolation, they asked for a credit card number for the funds to be sent to and it was done within another hour. Still no explanation as to why there had been no communication. I was satisfied with the results. Good luck to you.

We got tested on day 5. I dealt with all on board credit issues, onboard. We only have a rental car for one day because we had no choice, we had to get home due to pet sitting issues. We live in NC so with traffic we were home in 12 hours.

What I was trying to figure out was how the process goes for the partial refund for the isolated days. Thanks to you, I believe, I got a good phone number but they said I need to send them an email and get our test results from the Apex then they can contact the Apex and confirm our test. I have emailed that request..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Did they say you would get a refund or a FCC?    It’s been 12 days since you left the cruise so it could take more time.    Were you going to fly back to North Carolina before you tested positive for COVID?

On board they said I could choose. We were flying back but I went online and cancelled once we tested positive and then booked the rental car. Delta just gave me a credit for the return flight, no questions. As of now, I have sent all the info I could and a request for my covid results. My travel agent is now also involved in trying to figure out what is needed. It woulda been nice to have some letter or something, even if they said give it "X" number of months, I would know and be ok with that. It's the not having any idea that's hard.

We were quarantined on our Jan 24 cruise - took about one month for reimbursement for time as well as refund for second cruise which was cancelled.  It took much longer to be refunded the cost of land side quarantine but did get it 2 weeks ago.  We were in touch through the Engagement Center when we thought it was taking too long.  

• Thanks 2

On 4/27/2022 at 1:26 PM, 2boxers said:

Thanks for posting.    I just tested positive on the last day of my cruise during a B2B testing.   Even

though I believe to to be a false positive we are being kicked off tomorrow.   The letter we received has NO PHONE NUMBER.    Only Celebrity Engagement Center e-mail address. 

I just jotted the number down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hooskydo said:

On board they said I could choose. We were flying back but I went online and cancelled once we tested positive and then booked the rental car. Delta just gave me a credit for the return flight, no questions. As of now, I have sent all the info I could and a request for my covid results. My travel agent is now also involved in trying to figure out what is needed. It woulda been nice to have some letter or something, even if they said give it "X" number of months, I would know and be ok with that. It's the not having any idea that's hard.

We received several letters whole onboard. We were able to cancel our original flight home and get a credit, no questions asked. But do confirm with your airline as to how long you have to use it!! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for posting.    I just tested positive on the last day of my cruise during a B2B testing.   Even

though I believe to to be a false positive we are being kicked off tomorrow.   The letter we received has NO PHONE NUMBER.    Only Celebrity Engagement Center e-mail address. 

I just jotted the number down.

You can also log on to celebritycruises.com, use the chat option and they will give you any others phone numbers needed. Its a lot quicker than going through the phone system. Good luck to you.

1 hour ago, 2boxers said:

You can also log on to celebritycruises.com, use the chat option and they will give you any others phone numbers needed. Its a lot quicker than going through the phone system. Good luck to you.

Where can I find chat feature I couldn’t find it on website?

8 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We were quarantined on our Jan 24 cruise - took about one month for reimbursement for time as well as refund for second cruise which was cancelled.  It took much longer to be refunded the cost of land side quarantine but did get it 2 weeks ago.  We were in touch through the Engagement Center when we thought it was taking too long.  

Thank you so much for this information!!