READ SOMETHING, SUGGEST SOMETHING

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I'm confused, where does it say not to smoke in your cabin?

13 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Most cruise lines made the move to not allow in-cabin and balcony smoking many years ago, as did Most hotels

I'm also confused, where does it say not to smoke in your cabin ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I'm also confused, where does it say not to smoke in your cabin ?

From Celebrity Cruises dot com

What is Celebrity Cruises’ Smoking Policy?

For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have designated certain areas of the ship as "smoking areas." Generally, smoking is not permitted except in designated areas. (Contact Guest Relations for additional details). This policy includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes.

Smoking is not permitted inside any guest stateroom; nor on any guest veranda. If a guest is in violation of this policy, a cleaning fee of $250 USD will be applied to their SeaPass® account and the guest may be subject to further action pursuant to the "Consequences Section" of this Guest Conduct Policy.

Celebrity Cruises® kindly asks all guests to please observe the non-smoking areas and to refrain from smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars in any of the non-designated areas. These requests are made to provide a comfortable shipboard environment for everyone. Where permitted, cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must always be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. A guest must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use 

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

'Confirmed' smokers must be given a balcony cabin. Their ability to not be able to venture out to designated smoking areas in the event of being quarantined is beyond cruel and unusual punishment. There is a definite increase in the risk of fires on board should this not be addressed immediately.

So far the replies have been not very helpful.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

If the smoker is going to be quarantined due to covid (current subject) then no special trip to medical. Gum or patch could be issued when being moved to an isolation stateroom.  

Should somebody with confirmed Covid be smoking?  

There are alternatives as you suggest like nicotine patches and gum.  Or a Vape that has nicotine would not be a fire hazard.

Begs the obvious really.  All of the cruise lines that currently allow or have allowed smoking on their balconies for many years - and no fires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I'm just as confused. I was under the impression that passengers as well as crew are forbidden to smoke in their cabins. Then why all the consternation ? Now the question becomes; Why haven't cruise lines designated non smoking cabin decks like hotels ?

You quoted a Transport Canada document that refers to working practices on ships, in order to bolster your argument against smoking in a cruise ship cabin.  But, nowhere in the document does it recommend not smoking in the cabin, just practices when doing so.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

From Celebrity Cruises dot com

Again, I was referring to the Transport Canada document that the other poster quoted, and asking where it was recommended for crew on cargo ships to not smoke in their cabins.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Again, I was referring to the Transport Canada document that the other poster quoted, and asking where it was recommended for crew on cargo ships to not smoke in their cabins.

I did not quote you. I was responding to Morpheus's question.

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Should somebody with confirmed Covid be smoking?  

There are alternatives as you suggest like nicotine patches and gum.  Or a Vape that has nicotine would not be a fire hazard.

Begs the obvious really.  All of the cruise lines that currently allow or have allowed smoking on their balconies for many years - and no fires.

or.. can COVID 19 be transmitted through second hand smoke?? 

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/verify/second-hand-smoke-covid-pandemic-charlotte-nc/275-c6c4004f-470c-4a64-bf04-fd51a658b979

Just imagine being quarantined. Now imagine having so much time that you feel forced to read everything on Cruise Critic.

Then you find this thread.

Do they remove sharp objects and belts from quarantine cabins?

• Haha 6