Muster drill

16 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

While not much positive came out of the last couple of years, the change in the muster drill program might be the one exception to the rule. That and they debarkation process of staying in the stateroom until your number is called on the TV. 

We also love the new muster process.

We were B2B on Oasis March 20 - April 3.  People stayed in their cabins when the first cruise ended, but they changed it for the April 3 debarkation.  People were assigned to groups and each group was assigned a public location to wait.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is actually pretty disgusting. RCI has made this a painless as possible. I don't understand why guests can't reciprocate and make it easy for the ship.

On our cruise in September there were a number of people that did do the very easy muster process. They kept calling them on the PA by name. We were delayed leaving for over 1/2 hour until they showed up and complied.

17 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

While not much positive came out of the last couple of years, the change in the muster drill program might be the one exception to the rule. That and they debarkation process of staying in the stateroom until your number is called on the TV. 

That has changed.  Was very much encouraged to get to our assigned waiting areas no later than 8 am when on EX last month.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Now if everyone just would go.  There are still people who don't show and there are announcements begging people to appear.

Totally agree.  

I would love to see those slackers have to put on the bulky life jacket and stand outside in the sun for 20 minutes, packed up together.   Then, maybe they would be more inclined to muster in a timely manner.   😉  

Come on slackers...we love this new muster set up...don't ruin for us.  It's sooo simple now!!   

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

That has changed.  Was very much encouraged to get to our assigned waiting areas no later than 8 am when on EX last month.  

Same thing on Allure last week.

• Like 1

I just got off Anthem last week. They let us watch the Muster Drill while we waited outside to embark on the ship. Once that was done and we made it on to the ship, all we had to do was report to the Muster Drill station and state we completed the videos. Once that was done by everyone onboard, they sounded the horn and we were off!

2 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

They let us watch the Muster Drill while we waited outside to embark on the ship.

FYI - you can watch the required video up to several hours before boarding.

Biker, who usually does that on the commute to Bayonne.

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  

I would love to see those slackers have to put on the bulky life jacket and stand outside in the sun for 20 minutes, packed up together.   Then, maybe they would be more inclined to muster in a timely manner.   😉  

Come on slackers...we love this new muster set up...don't ruin for us.  It's sooo simple now!!   

I’d like to see them put off the ship.,

• Like 3

18 hours ago, tropical83 said:

can you watch the video on the app before you are on the ship? 

The last two cruises we were able to watch the video on our app while still at the hotel waiting to go over to the port….

• Like 2

16 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Now if everyone just would go.  There are still people who don't show and there are announcements begging people to appear.

1 hour ago, Floater4life said:

On our cruise in September there were a number of people that did do the very easy muster process. They kept calling them on the PA by name. We were delayed leaving for over 1/2 hour until they showed up and complied.

27 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’d like to see them put off the ship.,

We were delayed on Liberty in February... It was more than a few people that didn't check in!! 
It's a little hard to put them off the ship, they are having issues locating them!! lol 

I wish they would turn off SeaPasses until scanned in at the Muster Station 

Edited by LilBlackDress
  • Like 5

I agree, they can't make it any easier and some people still can't follow directions. I have a somewhat tough in cheek idea for RCCL. Like before if everyone has not checked in at the stations within an hour of sailing close all the bars until they all do. Then you can let peer pressure take over. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

I agree, they can't make it any easier and some people still can't follow directions. I have a somewhat tough in cheek idea for RCCL. Like before if everyone has not checked in at the stations within an hour of sailing close all the bars until they all do. Then you can let peer pressure take over. 

How does peer pressure help? Neither you nor I know who the culprits are. All it does is affect the masses of people who have complied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How does peer pressure help? Neither you nor I know who the culprits are. All it does is affect the masses of people who have complied.

But if I was at a bar somewhere and they said they were closing until all have attended, I would start asking around to make sure everyone had completed the drill. Of course they know the stateroom number of the offenders and can go there but if they are just out in the common areas others might start speaking up. 

You still need to stop by the muster station and give them your name. A lot of people didn’t do that on our cruise New Years and it delayed us leaving.  They finally made an announcement that said we could not leave the harbor until all passengers stopped by their muster station.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:44 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I agree, shutting all the bars done only going to piss off those that complied.
That is why I don't think they should be able to use their SeaPass until after they check in!  

• Like 1