New Zealand reopens for cruising 31 July 2022

Redking

4 hours ago, taffy L said:

Great news, booked on the Edge January 2024

So are we, GBR and NZ.  Sneaking in a Fiji Tonga this Jan on the Eclipse too. Making up for lost cruising time 🤣

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

We couldn't wait that long 🙂

Booked on the 2nd Jan 2023 sailing out of Sydney.

🤣Hearing you. Took a monumental effort to convince hubbie to do Jan 23 and 24. Hopefully they've changed their policy on quarantine locations if you test + for Covid by then.

We’ve booked Edge B2B for Feb 2024 (GBR) and March 2024 (Tasmania) in a SV…don’t think I could handle the infinite veranda and can’t afford a suite. We’ll spend a few weeks with our son and his family in Alexandra prior to that. I may be overly optimistic but am hoping all the testing and quarantine protocols are history by then 🤞 Would love to visit NZ sooner but it’s easier for our kids and granddaughter to visit us in Canada at the moment where they don’t need to test prior to arrival. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We’ve booked Edge B2B for Feb 2024 (GBR) and March 2024 (Tasmania) in a SV…don’t think I could handle the infinite veranda and can’t afford a suite. We’ll spend a few weeks with our son and his family in Alexandra prior to that. I may be overly optimistic but am hoping all the testing and quarantine protocols are history by then 🤞 Would love to visit NZ sooner but it’s easier for our kids and granddaughter to visit us in Canada at the moment where they don’t need to test prior to arrival. 

The new normal is certainly still a test of our risk tolerance. 🤞 we will finally see our sons again this Christmas. One travelling from Scotland and the other from Australia. We moved back to NZ in 2019 obviously not knowing that the choice to see each other would be removed. Here's to happy travels ahead for all and that you'll see your family soon.

3 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

@Barwick Cruiser you might be interested in this https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/128622413/predeparture-tests-will-be-gone-by-july-31-but-why-not-now

On 5/11/2022 at 3:05 AM, Jeaannie55 said:

It is very exciting!  Thank you for posting this. I can dare to hope now that the cruise that I had booked over 4 years ago (and been postponed twice) can finally happen in January 2023! 

Exactly, let's hope third time is a charm!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For now, it looks like you have to do a covid test upon arrival in New Zealand and another one after about five days in country aside from any pre-testing the cruise line requires.  Of course, this will all likely change.

14 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I wonder if they will still be charging an outrageous environmental footprint fee for each visitor like they did pre-covid? (NZeTA)  Another ripoff like the Bermuda Travel Authorization.

$20 USD doesn't feel particularly 'outrageous' ...

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

$20 USD doesn't feel particularly 'outrageous' ...

You need a NZeTA + IVA = around 44NZD = $27 USD and change for a one-day port visit per person.  Bermuda is $40pp for 1 or 3 days.  It's all a bunch of BS in my opinion as none of any of the other ports charge.   It's a money grab. 

• Haha 1