Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

For a few cruises now Stewart has really been pushing the morning service. I always say I prefer evening and it’s fine. This time it took a lot for Stewart to agree to that. And even after that she would ask me every day when she saw me if she could do it earlier. A couple times she did. I couple times I snuck out the other hallway that another Stewart has. If I have this much resistance again I think I’ll just tell them to deliver towels every other day and don’t mess with my room other than that.

• Like 5

Thanks for the trip report and safe flight home! I'm going on June 21st on this very same cruise so it has been super helpful to read your reports.

One question, you mentioned that in Icy Strait Point people were complaining about the bear excursion. What were the complains? (I signed up for that excursion).

One comment, the catamaran you took a picture of in Victoria doesn't go to Vancouver, it's the Victoria Clipper that goes to Seattle. 

Thanks again and looking forward to follow your steps in the Splendor! 

• Like 1

What an amazing review! I'm doing that same cruise in July and expect I will be referring to it often. The pictures are outstanding and it's great to have so much to look forward to. Thank you soooo much. Hope you have a comfortable, safe ride home. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crespo said:

Thanks for the trip report and safe flight home! I'm going on June 21st on this very same cruise so it has been super helpful to read your reports.

One question, you mentioned that in Icy Strait Point people were complaining about the bear excursion. What were the complains? (I signed up for that excursion).

One comment, the catamaran you took a picture of in Victoria doesn't go to Vancouver, it's the Victoria Clipper that goes to Seattle. 

Thanks again and looking forward to follow your steps in the Splendor! 

I don’t remember people complaining about the bear excursion. If you point me to where I said that maybe it Will help me remember. What I remember about that was Andy saying nobody had seen a brown bear yet. Just black Bears but he expected the brown to show up in June when the salmon start running.

• Like 3

I appreciate you taking the time to do a live review. It was a treat to follow along on an Alaskan cruise. I am interested to hear your final thoughts on cruising in Alaska. I have thought about booking one but am not sure its the best way to see Alaska. So, would you do it again? Are the excursions worth the $$?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Enjoyed all your pics and commentary on the cruise!  Will be on the same cruise in a week, so all the info will be valuable!''

Out of curiosity, you posted a letter that went out about passengers having a some gastro issues.  Did anything come of that or was it a non-issue best you could tell?  

• Like 1