Semi live from Azamara Pursuit May 17th Athens to Barcelona

travelberlin

Update on my flight: I was able to get a seat on the apparently only flight leaving from Frankfurt to Berlin tomorrow 🙏🏼 I will have to wait some hours in Frankfurt but it is OK. 

This evening, I had a nice meal at the Windows. The last for  this cruise. Unfortunately the Sunset Veranda is not operating because some  bad weather is supposed to come. Until now we are fine.

The food tonight is Indian food and remember our executive is Nathan from India? As far as I can evaluate, it is very good. Spicy yes… I will need  some anti acids tonight.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2022 at 10:25 PM, travelberlin said:

Good morning 🌞 i am posting early because internet seems to work better at this time.

Yesterday was our second day in Livorno and our last day in Italy.

I had my breakfast at the Discoveries restaurant. I have not eaten there before during this cruise because I am enjoying the terrace of the Windows restaurant and also the concept that you can order a la carte there and not just have a buffet. The weather is nice at this time of the year in this region and the terrace is perfect.

But yesterday morning I wanted to have shakshuka and this is only available at the Discoveries restaurant. It was very tasty.

After breakfast I decided to go to the Museo Cívico, which apparently has good works of art. This was about 2 kmts walk from the ship. I have grabbed  a bottle of water on my way out, which Azamara always has ready for us in all ports of call.

Unfortunately I have forgotten that it was Monday and on Monday museums are closed😔. There is a small park there, where many people were walking their dogs. Afterwards I went to the Terrace Mascagni, a nice promenade along the sea.

Overall I have walked 6 kmts yesterday morning. I have to admit that I arrived quite tired at the ship.

My stay in Livorno was fine but it is not a port, which I find attractive. I prefer to stay overnight in ports which are smaller and which allow for a better destination experience in the evenings.

One thing which I noticed last evening at sail away time is that Azamara did not play a sail away song like other ships. MSC plays Con te partiro, Windstar plays Conquest of Paradise, Mein Schiff plays Grosse Freiheit and Crystal used to play Wonderful World. All beautiful songs and when we hear them we remember our cruises. Does Azamara have one song for sail aways?

Ivi

1F862194-292B-412D-B37D-3F7A9C931D1C.thumb.jpeg.8da3df8da4d9cd562a1241b83680ac74.jpeg

Thank you for the info and your breakfast looks delicious!

• Like 2

I’ve only just become aware of the EU VAT issue, via this thread.

Does anyone know what purchases it applies to - only shop purchases? or does it also apply to drink and dining packages, shore excursions, spa and gym activities?

If it applies to shore excursions, are bookings made pre-cruise exempt?

Also, what is the rate that is applied?

Thanks in advance.

Buenos días.

First to say I am very sad of what happened in that school in Texas. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those children and teachers.

We have arrived in Barcelona. We are docked at the World Trade Center. Here some numbers in relation to the cruise which ends today.

Ivi

54D69DA8-C401-498D-9D9E-B371F4C4AFCB.thumb.jpeg.5e70af1f958723dd07a1250e1a9e7830.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, AJCM said:

I’ve only just become aware of the EU VAT issue, via this thread.

Does anyone know what purchases it applies to - only shop purchases? or does it also apply to drink and dining packages, shore excursions, spa and gym activities?

If it applies to shore excursions, are bookings made pre-cruise exempt?

Also, what is the rate that is applied?

Thanks in advance.

It does not apply to the spa treatments but there an automatic gratuity of 18% will be added to your bill. 

I am not sure about the rates but in the case of the product I have paid at the shop in which the Greek tax was applied, it was 24%. 

Ivi

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks so much for taking us along, Ivi! Safe travels home.

Betsey

Thanks Betsey, at the moment I have landed safely in Frankfurt. Many flights have been cancelled, but I do not see a bad weather at the moment. I hope it stays that way.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 8

52 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Thanks for your reports Ivi and safe trip home ✈️

Phil 

Thank you Phil! I took your advice of booking Welcome Pickups. It functioned perfect 👍. Are there only in Barcelona or elsewhere?

Ivi

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scrapcreator said:

Welcome to Barcelona! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your reports from onboard. Thank you.

Safe travels home.

Thank you 🙏🏼 I see you are starting a cruise with the Quest today. Have a great and safe cruise.

Ivi

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joyride said:

Thank you for the live report, I really enjoyed it. 🙂 We will board the Pursuit on Tuesday, getting pretty close now! 

Joyce

How long is your cruise? Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

1 minute ago, travelberlin said:

How long is your cruise? Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Ivi

It's just a week Barcelona to Lisbon. I plan to do a daily "live from" like you did if the internet allows.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, joyride said:

It's just a week Barcelona to Lisbon. I plan to do a daily "live from" like you did if the internet allows.

Looking forward to following along in anticipation of our upcoming cruise on Journey.  Hope you have a wonderful time. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Buenos días.

First to say I am very sad of what happened in that school in Texas. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those children and teachers.

We have arrived in Barcelona. We are docked at the World Trade Center. Here some numbers in relation to the cruise which ends today.

Ivi

54D69DA8-C401-498D-9D9E-B371F4C4AFCB.thumb.jpeg.5e70af1f958723dd07a1250e1a9e7830.jpeg

Thank you so much Lvi, your reports were so helpful! I'm on my very first cruise out of Barcelona on Azamara Pursuit starting Tuesday. Safe travels home!

Kelly

• Like 2

On 5/26/2022 at 5:07 PM, Noggins said:

Well done and thanks, Ivi.

What next for you - I'm sure there must be something lined up?!

Adrian

(and I see now what bottle count we need to beat!)

Thanks Adrian. 
Next is a cruise my husband and I will do with MSC to the Fjords in Norway in two weeks from now. 
Ivi