Vaccination

25 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

The biggest issue with the vaccine requirement is for those of us stuck with cruise credits from 2020.  They won't offer any refunds, only name changes.  After rebooking 3 times I've ultimately settled on a December 2022 date that I'll be going on solo if they don't let my unvaccinated partner sail by then.  I don't really want to sail solo and don't have anyone else to take.  I'd rather keep my credit until they lift the restrictions or just get a refund, but they seem set on the end of 2022 credit expiration date with no plans on changing the rules.  I just want things back to normal like they are in my everyday life, with people free to manage risks on their own terms.

Cruising solo is awesome!  🙂 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sandy toes said:

Vaccines will be here for this year and might extend into the 2nd or even 3rd quarter of next year. It will all depend upon the case numbers. Worldwide we do not yet have this "thing" contained. Just look at what is happening in North Korea with their inability to make their "we got this" plan work for them. It is not political. It is just what it is, still uncontained. I have/had friends and family that have not gotten vaccinated for one reason or another. I do try to understand that you have to do what you are doing, and completely understand your desire to return to what you enjoy, cruising. But for the industry, it is all about not having a repeat shut down. 

I would like to add another similar situation while traveling in addition to cruising.  Traveling to other countries sometimes require additional shots/vaccinations.  Therefore, IMO, COVID-19 vaccinations & boosters will become the norm like all the other mandatory vaccinations for yellow fever, etc., when traveling outside the U.S.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

They don't want passengers who are unvaccinated  who are much more likely to become more seriously ill with Covid than their vaccinated counterparts on board. They can deal with the sniffles and cough. They don't want medivacs and ambulances and rerouted ships due to sick unvaccinated guests. That gives them bigger problems and not worth it .....

That's my thought as well.  Plus the cruise lines don't need the negative press from people dying or falling seriously ill. The vaccine offers the cruise lines some insurance. 

Edited by mianmike
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mianmike said:

That's my thought as well.  Plus the cruise lines don't need the negative press from people dying or falling seriously ill. The vaccine offers the cruise lines some insurance. 

And if offers CRUISERS the chance to not become deathly ill out at sea!  An overwhelming percentage of the recent deaths in the US from covid have been the unvaccinated.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Glock said:

Do you think that Cruise lines will open up to the millions of us un-injected? And if so, when?
Please keep this polite, not interested in your opinions of the Covid vaccination.
Many thanks, 
982 days without cruising, 

Carmen & Ian

983 days and counting....need the majority of the ports that the cruise lines visit to change their protocols before the cruise lines follow suit.

Could be 1200 days and counting or higher for you.

11 hours ago, Glock said:

Do you think that Cruise lines will open up to the millions of us un-injected? And if so, when?
Please keep this polite, not interested in your opinions of the Covid vaccination.
Many thanks, 
982 days without cruising, 

Carmen & Ian

I suspect the cruise lines willl never open up to unvaccinated cruisers. You may as well just forget about cruising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am hoping summer 2023 but what do I know? My eldest is turning 12 in February, and she will not be vaccinated (we all had Covid, so she has antibodies and she hardly got sick from Covid to begin with - just a low fever). So if they don't drop the vax requirements my last cruise will be January 2023 until this policy changes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, timf2001 said:

The biggest issue with the vaccine requirement is for those of us stuck with cruise credits from 2020.  They won't offer any refunds, only name changes.  After rebooking 3 times I've ultimately settled on a December 2022 date that I'll be going on solo if they don't let my unvaccinated partner sail by then.  I don't really want to sail solo and don't have anyone else to take.  I'd rather keep my credit until they lift the restrictions or just get a refund, but they seem set on the end of 2022 credit expiration date with no plans on changing the rules.  I just want things back to normal like they are in my everyday life, with people free to manage risks on their own terms.

Many took the refunds instead of the credit.  Your decision.

• Like 1

Somehow I can now see my post again! 
Thanks for all your replies! 
We are going to vaccinated ASAP! As per your replies there is NO chance that we will be allowed to board this year without.
If we die, we die. As I stated 1,000 days without a cruise IS dying for us!
We will just "Bite the Bullet" and hopefully join you all.

Edited by Glock