Could this Royal Up be worth it?

Just got a Royal Up email.  Here's the situation...

We have six people travelling in two adjoining (not connecting) cabins.  One of the Royal Up offers is for a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite (the others are all single bedroom and we're not interested in that).  

I would be willing to bid for the GS *IF* we can cancel the 2nd cabin and use that money to bid on the GS.  Guessing it wouldn't work like that, but hey, why not ask?  

Good idea?  Bad idea?  No way in Hell?

5 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Guessing it wouldn't work like that, but hey, why not ask?  

This seems to come up at least once a week - not only are your chances very slim at winning, but you also won't get anything for the second cabin, the other three folks won't any suite perks and six people in such a suite maybe just as tight as in two cabins.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This seems to come up at least once a week - not only are your chances very slim at winning, but you also won't get anything for the second cabin, the other three folks won't any suite perks and six people in such a suite maybe just as tight as in two cabins.

I was thinking putting all six in the suite, then everyone gets suite perks.

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Then the point of Royal Up (a cheap upgrade) would be gone since when you add someone you'd get repriced at current rates.

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

you can’t add people to the cabin after the royal up is awarded without repricing the whole cabin at current rates.  People can sleep wherever they want but unless they are assigned to the suite, they won’t have suite benefits. 

9 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

They can sleep in the suite if you want them there, but they will not get any of the suite perks and you have to keep their cabin for them.
If I have two reservations can I bid only once through RoyalUp℠ and if accepted, cancel the second reservation and move the guests into the upgraded cabin?
No, if you have two cabins you will need to submit two separate bids and they will be considered independently. RCI cannot guarantee that both reservations will be upgraded. In the case that one of the reservations gets upgraded, you cannot move the other guests into the upgraded cabin. All reservations cancelled within the penalty period will be subject to cancellation fees.
Edited by cured
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Just got a Royal Up email.  Here's the situation...

We have six people travelling in two adjoining (not connecting) cabins.  One of the Royal Up offers is for a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite (the others are all single bedroom and we're not interested in that).  

I would be willing to bid for the GS *IF* we can cancel the 2nd cabin and use that money to bid on the GS.  Guessing it wouldn't work like that, but hey, why not ask?  

Good idea?  Bad idea?  No way in Hell?

We have done GS before for the 2 of us and I think 6 would be very crowded.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have done GS before for the 2 of us and I think 6 would be very crowded.

I think it is a 2br grand suite.  6 could work with that.  But it’s pointless because they can’t all upgrade with the Royal up.  

36 minutes ago, cured said:
They can sleep in the suite if you want them there, but they will not get any of the suite perks and you have to keep their cabin for them.
If I have two reservations can I bid only once through RoyalUp℠ and if accepted, cancel the second reservation and move the guests into the upgraded cabin?
No, if you have two cabins you will need to submit two separate bids and they will be considered independently. RCI cannot guarantee that both reservations will be upgraded. In the case that one of the reservations gets upgraded, you cannot move the other guests into the upgraded cabin. All reservations cancelled within the penalty period will be subject to cancellation fees.

This answers the question.  Thanks!

• Like 1

You can only Royal up for those in the same cabin.  Whoever isn’t in your cabin, but still with you on the trip will still have their own cabin.  They can sleep wherever, but their booking will remain the same and they will still pay for their cabin regardless of whether they sleep in your upgraded cabin.  Basically, it only works for those staying in one cabin together.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Sorry for hijacking this but I’m wondering if the situation is the same if you have 5 people over two reservations in an existing stateroom?

If all 5 people are booked in one cabin, then yes all 5 people can move to the upgraded suite and get the suite perks.    I do not believe you get 2 points per night with the royal up program.   

• Thanks 1

You won't get extra points, but anyone in the winning bid room gets the new room and perks associated with that room.  Plus you only pay the bid cost for the first two people.  

13 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

You need to read the terms and conditions of Royal up in detail. It specifically says you cannot do this.

Anyone can sleep in the suite but they won’t get any suite perks. If you cancel the booking of the not-upgraded cabin you will be charged cancellation costs. If you try to add those people to the suite booking it will be repriced at the current rate.