Another CVS Covid test question

Our local CVS no longer does the drive through testing. On our last cruise, we had to go into the clinic inside their store to be tested. It was still free. If you check the box for "Rapid Test with Provider Visit"

there are usually many appointment slots available.

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Our local CVS no longer does the drive through testing. On our last cruise, we had to go into the clinic inside their store to be tested. It was still free. If you check the box for "Rapid Test with Provider Visit"

there are usually many appointment slots available.

Capture.JPG

Same with ours. CVS is my backup to Walgreen's.

6 minutes ago, eabplus2 said:

What Covid Test do you need for RC? At Walgreens I have 3 different choices. PCR is one. Rapid NAAT, says good for travel results in 2 hours.

Doesn't matter. RCI is more concerned with timing rather than type of test.

On 5/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, Mikew0805 said:

Those e-med tests are so easy and convenient. My insurance does not cover the entire cost, but will compensate $12 per test. I buy the packs of 6, so with the delivery and after the compensation it is just above $100 for 6 tests. The place we used to go for testing is a 25 mile drive each way, so I guess with gas prices, the cost is even lower per cruise.

Nice.  I bought a 6 pack and my insurance company reimbursed me a whopping $12 total.  Invoice shows it was for 6 tests and on paperwork I stated 6 tests, but I only got covered for 1.

32 minutes ago, ineed-a-vacation said:

Nice.  I bought a 6 pack and my insurance company reimbursed me a whopping $12 total.  Invoice shows it was for 6 tests and on paperwork I stated 6 tests, but I only got covered for 1.

I would contact them. I am about to order my third batch of them, and I have had no problem. I usually get a check in the mail for $72 within 10 days.

On 5/22/2022 at 1:55 AM, MrsKMB said:

DD was just PCR tested at CVS drive-thru yesterday and it was free. Per CVS, check with your insurance.

image.thumb.png.133575c405c81400746a2d88c8151f9f.png

I plugged-in a random AZ zip code:

image.thumb.png.06ce293c4f7243293d848f4265de94aa.png

Our prescription plan is CVS Caremark, so I am hoping we can still get a free drive thru covid testing there before our RCCL cruise next month.

When I look through the CVS app to schedule, I see no indication there should be an expense to me.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 8:15 AM, eabplus2 said:

What Covid Test do you need for RC? At Walgreens I have 3 different choices. PCR is one. Rapid NAAT, says good for travel results in 2 hours.

NAAT is like a rapid PCR test, RC accepts all of them as stated on their website.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 9:54 AM, Homosassa said:

CVS testing has not been "free" or several months.

While we were not charge out of pocket, our insurance was billed and paid in February.

I don’t care if my insurance is billed.  That still makes it free to me, unless CVS is charging an office visit copay.

26 minutes ago, dsvd79 said:

We used the CVS Testing with the Minute Clinic.  Got our test results in 12 minutes.  It was so easy!

“With the Minute Clinic” - Does this mean you saw a provider or went through a drive thru option?  

Our preferred pre-cruise Covid testing date should open up tomorrow on the CVS app, and I’m hoping to snag six appointments.  Any idea how far apart they schedule them?  I have no experience using them any place for rapid testing as we have a drive thru lab so close to our home that we have used them the few times we were worried about exposure.  (That lab is a 24 to 48 hour results return place.)

34 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

“With the Minute Clinic” - Does this mean you saw a provider or went through a drive thru option?  

Our preferred pre-cruise Covid testing date should open up tomorrow on the CVS app, and I’m hoping to snag six appointments.  Any idea how far apart they schedule them?  I have no experience using them any place for rapid testing as we have a drive thru lab so close to our home that we have used them the few times we were worried about exposure.  (That lab is a 24 to 48 hour results return place.)

My sister-in-law's family of 4 all did CVS minute clinic yesterday. Your appointment options are in 10 minute increments but when someone takes one, say 10am, the 10:10am will disappear with it to space them out by 20 mins. So each appointment will be 20 minutes apart. Hope that makes sense.

Has anyone used that site that proctors any test for $20? Testandtrace or something like that.  Does Royal accept their validation?   I am sure that’s been asked one of the testing posts but I can’t locate. 

thanks!

8 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

My sister-in-law's family of 4 all did CVS minute clinic yesterday. Your appointment options are in 10 minute increments but when someone takes one, say 10am, the 10:10am will disappear with it to space them out by 20 mins. So each appointment will be 20 minutes apart. Hope that makes sense.

Yes, it does.  Thank you!

All my questions and research about CVS and it was for nothing.  I logged in today, since our preferred pre-cruise testing date would be available on the CVS appointment calendar.  The date was there, but not a single CVS was offering Covid testing appointments.

You could also go to the hospital with your doctors orders and get it done for the same price. My mom works in a hospital with a lab on-site. Ours was no appointment necessary and we got our results by the time I drove to work (half an hour away).

Our hospital uses MyChart and the results appear right there. You can also use the app to communicate with your doctor, get your orders, set up appointments, get your medical records, get a QR code for your COVID shots as well as tests, and pay your bill.

32 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

All my questions and research about CVS and it was for nothing.  I logged in today, since our preferred pre-cruise testing date would be available on the CVS appointment calendar.  The date was there, but not a single CVS was offering Covid testing appointments.

Did you try the option of " Rapid Antigen test with provider" (or similar language)?  

When I chose that option, CVS appointments appear.  However, the option is only available for those CVS stores that have a minute clinic.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:34 AM, DaKahuna said:

image.png.1ad649fc4c4b103ba63169b93c1f7308.png

It has been this way for a while in Northern Virginia.  Walgreens still providing the test.

Same in New Jersey 

there is a local clinic carbon or mega merge that charges like 40$ a person  and flexible appointments so I will book they Friday for a Sunday cruise plus I made an appointment on sat in Stockholm as backup