Another CVS Covid test question

I have been checking CVS out for Covid testing. It doesn’t look like it’s free anymore but you can have it done in the minute clinic, however it doesn’t look like they take insurance for this particular service.  Can anyone provide any information regarding how it might be free at CVS. TIA

• Like 1

We do the eMed home proctored test and our insurance covers 100% of the cost of the test kits and proctors. 

CVS discontinued doing rapid tests in our area several months ago. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, britty1 said:

I have been checking CVS out for Covid testing. It doesn’t look like it’s free anymore but you can have it done in the minute clinic, however it doesn’t look like they take insurance for this particular service.  Can anyone provide any information regarding how it might be free at CVS. TIA

First two times I used CVS, test was given in outdoor kiosk. There was no charge.

In March, I had to go inside CVS to the Minute Clinic. Along with the test, vitals were taken as if it were a doctor's visit.

I expected to be charged, thought I had read such in their electronic communication following the test. I never did receive a charge from CVS or billing notice from my insurance provider

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We do the eMed home proctored test and our insurance covers 100% of the cost of the test kits and proctors. 

CVS discontinued doing rapid tests in our area several months ago. 

Curious if you buy a 3-pack, did your insurance cover the fee for all 3 tests? 

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

What does this have to do with Royal Caribbean cruise line? 

Seriously?

RCCL requires a covid test prior to sailing so discussing one of their policies is obviously relevant to their cruises.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

RCCL requires a covid test prior to sailing so discussing one of their policies is obviously relevant to their cruises.

So do most other cruise lines, I think was the point of that poster. 

• 2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Seriously?

I swear, some of the posters on CC are probably the same people who run for HOA boards so they can drive around the neighborhood fining people because they left their garbage can out overnight.

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

From what I remember CVS is quoting $139 pp for the Covid rapid test for travel.  Walgreens still doing it for now with booking appt. only 3 days out.  It is less expensive to do the test at our local airport, $69 pp for the test.

I have also purchased 2 EMED tests and will also take some IHEALTH tests and use another proctored service for $20 as a back up.

thank you everyone for your input.

Those e-med tests are so easy and convenient. My insurance does not cover the entire cost, but will compensate $12 per test. I buy the packs of 6, so with the delivery and after the compensation it is just above $100 for 6 tests. The place we used to go for testing is a 25 mile drive each way, so I guess with gas prices, the cost is even lower per cruise.

2 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Those e-med tests are so easy and convenient. My insurance does not cover the entire cost, but will compensate $12 per test. I buy the packs of 6, so with the delivery and after the compensation it is just above $100 for 6 tests. The place we used to go for testing is a 25 mile drive each way, so I guess with gas prices, the cost is even lower per cruise.

Makes sense if you don't have anywhere closer to test for free.

On 5/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Makes sense if you don't have anywhere closer to test for free.

We do, but I do not find CVS/Walgreens reliable. I really like the site in Bradenton, but now with these emed tests costing less than $20/cruise, I just don't see the need to leave the house for it.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Are the Walgreens NAAT tests more invasive than the rapid antigen ones @Ocean Boy ?  Google isn't helping 

You swab yourself in the drive-thru for the Walgreens NAAT test so it's under your control.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

No, same type of stabbing of the nose.

Stabbing!?! 😱

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You swab yourself in the drive-thru for the Walgreens NAAT test so it's under your control.

Stabbing!?! 😱

That was supposed to be swabbing. Auto correct THINKS it is smart.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I must have auto correct of the brain because I read it as swabbing😇

I think auto correct was much better when I was using my S8. I am much less impressed since I got my S22. I have no idea why or if there is a way to improve it.