Help, from those who have use the Emed BinaxNOW test

I have the unopened test and would like some detailed instructions if you wouldn't mind.

The only thing the card says is scan the QR code.  There are 2 QR codes on the box, one printed on the front that says download the Navica App.  There is also one on the back printed on a label attached to the box.

Also, do I need to make an appointment in advance?  Not even sure what questions I need to ask.

Any help will be most appreciated.

It is very easy. Don't open the test until the online proctor tells you to. The hardest part of the procedure will be when they ask you to angle your camera so they can see the test, and you will have a hard time seeing the directions on your screen. I recommend using a laptop, and elevating the laptop a bit off the table so that you can still view it if you need to. 

This might help.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/22/what-its-like-to-self-test-for-covid-when-flying-home-from-abroad.html

Go to You Tube and enter "abbott ag card home test" in the search window.  A great many videos will show up.   It's very simple to do this test.  I use a laptop so I can adjust the camera angle since they have to see both you and the test kit at all times.  I've done this test over 12 times since last September with zero problems.  Essentially you just need to worry about having a good connection to the proctor, your valid test kit, and your photo ID.  That's it.  Let the proctor do the guiding and just follow their instructions.  I also have a little knife to cut open the test kit sealing tape so I don't rip the box open and send stuff flying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I recommend using a laptop, and elevating the laptop a bit off the table so that you can still view it if you need to. 

You can put your phone on the laptop screen then you can adjust the angle of the screen to get the phone's camera in the right view

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

I have the unopened test and would like some detailed instructions if you wouldn't mind.

The only thing the card says is scan the QR code.  There are 2 QR codes on the box, one printed on the front that says download the Navica App.  There is also one on the back printed on a label attached to the box.

Also, do I need to make an appointment in advance?  Not even sure what questions I need to ask.

Any help will be most appreciated.

*Download the NAVICA app (this can be done ahead of time)

*when you are ready to actually take the test log into Emed.com and click on start test.  Follow the simple instructions and once the live proctor comes on they will have you hold up your test kit box so they can scan your QR code and then you will hold up your photo ID so they can scan that also

*we always do our tests on our iPhones that we just prop up against some books at our dining room table. Absolutely no problem doing it this way

*once the test is complete your results will be emailed to you immediately. Print them or have them on your phone to show them at the terminal

Watch several of the current YouTubes and you'll be good to go.We used those test on our cruise in March and intend on using them again in August.  Good Luck, enjoy your cruise.

Bill

Just a comment...[forgive]...['cuz this thing is sooo aggravating]...

Yes, many say this Abbott proctor test is a piece of cake [and it is]. But it is the gravity of messing up that is so disturbing because SO SO much hangs on this 'piece of cake' test.  The whole affair is quite disturbing [to us anyway]...and a 'last minute' thing that could sink you. You won't know until you got that piece of paper on hand [or digital document in tow].  Good luck to everyone.  [Guess we are grateful to Abbott though; much better than clamoring over the countryside looking for a clinic or pharmacy or...?]. (keep wondering if I'm gonna get canceled here ha).

• Like 1

We have taken several and it can be easy UNLESS something goes wrong:

- one test had no liquid in the bottle. We had to use a different test kit and start all over again. They offered to replace it, but if we didn't have that extra kit, we would have been screwed.

- Mid way through the test, the proctor's sound wasn't working. We had to start all over again. Fortunately, we hadn't opened the test kit. We were assigned a whole new proctor.

- Some proctor's English is really hard to understand. Fortunately, I had watched a video on the procedure and knew what to do.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a back-up test ready to go in case of a problem.  I've taken 5 and had no issues.

Be sure you have a clear area BEHIND the phone since you will be switching from rear view to front view.  The proctor will need to see the box, the QR code (they actually do the scanning), and the final results.

Relax, you can always do it over with the back-up test kit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

*Download the NAVICA app (this can be done ahead of time)

*when you are ready to actually take the test log into Emed.com and click on start test.  Follow the simple instructions and once the live proctor comes on they will have you hold up your test kit box so they can scan your QR code and then you will hold up your photo ID so they can scan that also

*we always do our tests on our iPhones that we just prop up against some books at our dining room table. Absolutely no problem doing it this way

*once the test is complete your results will be emailed to you immediately. Print them or have them on your phone to show them at the terminal

6 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

It is very easy. Don't open the test until the online proctor tells you to. The hardest part of the procedure will be when they ask you to angle your camera so they can see the test, and you will have a hard time seeing the directions on your screen. I recommend using a laptop, and elevating the laptop a bit off the table so that you can still view it if you need to. 

This might help.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/22/what-its-like-to-self-test-for-covid-when-flying-home-from-abroad.html

Thank you

• Like 1