Pre Cruise hotel near Manhattan terminal (NCL Joy)

Traci1960

First time cruising out of NY. Traveling from Washington State, so a long day in the air. Just need a clean hotel near the pier to spend the night. Preferably providegrab & go  breakfast. Can anyone advise?

I am currently considering the Hampton Inn at 851 8th Avenue New York - Times Square North. . Has anybody stayed here? Is it decent? Close to pier? Thanks for your help in advance.

2 hours ago, Traci1960 said:

First time cruising out of NY. Traveling from Washington State, so a long day in the air. Just need a clean hotel near the pier to spend the night. Preferably providegrab & go  breakfast. Can anyone advise?

I am currently considering the Hampton Inn at 851 8th Avenue New York - Times Square North. . Has anybody stayed here? Is it decent? Close to pier? Thanks for your help in advance.

The Comfort Inn Midtown West , 548 West 48th St. is literally a stone's throw from the cruise terminal...a 5 minute walk to Pier 88. It's basic hotel with free breakfast. My son and DIL stayed there for one night a couple of years ago and found it satisfactory .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The Comfort Inn Midtown West , 548 West 48th St. is literally a stone's throw from the cruise terminal...a 5 minute walk to Pier 88. It's basic hotel with free breakfast. My son and DIL stayed there for one night a couple of years ago and found it satisfactory .

I've stayed there, and it's fine.  Of course, Manhattan is not that large and even a couple of blocks hauling heavy luggage can be a hassle -- so fear of a cab fare should not govern your choice.

• 2 weeks later...

The Watson Hotel on 57 St. between  9 and 10 Ave is within walking distance to the cruise port.A friend who lives in VA stays there every year when she is in Manhattan pre cruise.Her BIL and his wife who fly in from Calif stay there as well.

On 6/3/2022 at 9:20 PM, lenquixote66 said:

The Watson Hotel on 57 St. between  9 and 10 Ave is within walking distance to the cruise port

Len, sure it's "walking distance" to the cruise terminal, but much of Manhattan is within "walking distance" of other things but pretty impractical if you have luggage with you.   It would be a pretty long walk with luggage from this hotel to the actual piers.

However, according to its web site, the Watson Hotel has "suspended operations until further notice," so the distance is moot. 🙂 

On 5/22/2022 at 4:26 PM, Traci1960 said:

We've stayed there.  It's a basic high-rise urban Hampton Inn, and a short cab ride to the pier.   It was a fairly hectic place, lots of tourists.   (My wife has a recollection that on the second day, when we returned late in the afternoon, our room still hadn't been made up, and that was pre-pandemic.)  Subway stop at the corner, and easy walk to Times Square and the theatre district if you're not too tired to see a show before you sail.

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Len, sure it's "walking distance" to the cruise terminal, but much of Manhattan is within "walking distance" of other things but pretty impractical if you have luggage with you.   It would be a pretty long walk with luggage from this hotel to the actual piers.

However, according to its web site, the Watson Hotel has "suspended operations until further notice," so the distance is moot. 🙂 

We've stayed there.  It's a basic high-rise urban Hampton Inn, and a short cab ride to the pier.   It was a fairly hectic place, lots of tourists.   (My wife has a recollection that on the second day, when we returned late in the afternoon, our room still hadn't been made up, and that was pre-pandemic.)  Subway stop at the corner, and easy walk to Times Square and the theatre district if you're not too tired to see a show before you sail.

I did not know that the Watson had closed.Had they still been ope it would have been a very short taxi ride to the cruise port.

• 2 weeks later...