Need Help choosing a cabin on Silhouette

hisfirstm8

I am trying to choose a veranda or Concierge Class Veranda on the Silhouette for a cruise into the Caribbean.   I have never sailed on this class ship so I'm hoping my Cruise Critic friends can help me.  

Location, size of balcony and room size are the things that I consider as much as the price.  If anyone has a favorite cabin, other that a Suite (price is too high), please give me your recommendations.  Very much appreciated!!!!!!!

Barbara

On the S-Class, which Silhouette is one of, there is no difference is size between Concierge and standard Veranda SRs. we’ve gone Concierge when the price is close because we enjoy a few of the added benefits. But the SR difference isn’t the reason.

As to specifics, we like the angled SRs that are in front or behind the ‘bumps’. The balconies are usually a bit larger and lower wind. The Deluxe Veranda’s are nice. We like the higher SRs, deck 9 or 10. Some say there is more movement, but I’ve not noticed that much. But it depends on sensitivities. 

There is a spreadsheet for S-Class near the top of the X forum that has specifics.

den

• Like 1

The Silhouette is a beautiful ship.  

One basic thing to know about the non-aft-facing concierge class and veranda cabins is that the cabins that are on the slanted part of the "hump" of the ship (at about midship), both fore and aft, have balconies that are larger than the balconies of the other cabins in their class. The first and third cabins on the slant (counting from the straight part of the hump) have the largest balconies, and the second and fourth have the next largest.   Thus, for example, 9215 and 9209 have the largest balconies in the Deluxe Veranda class, and 9211 and 9207 the next largest, and all of those are larger than the balconies of 9203 and the other cabins along that straight part of the ship. 

Also, if you care about whether the bed is near the balcony or the bath, you can usually tell that from the deck plan.  If you see a sofa bed icon in a cabin on the deck plan, that means the main bed will be near the bath (the sofa bed always opens near the balcony).  The cabins are in alternating pairs, so if 9211 has the bed by the bath (as the sofa bed icon shows it does), its next door neighbors, 9215 and 9209, do not.  Sometimes you'll see a run of several cabins without a sofa bed icon; just find the nearest cabin that has one, and count from there.

There's a thread pinned to the top of this forum (the S-class cabin sticky), link below, that has a great deal of information on specific cabins, by number, of the S-class ships.  (Cabin numbers on the Reflection may differ from the other S-class ships depending on the deck.)  There will be information about balcony size, bed near bath or balcony, etc.

I hope this is helpful

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hisfirstm8 said:

I am trying to choose a veranda or Concierge Class Veranda on the Silhouette for a cruise into the Caribbean.   I have never sailed on this class ship so I'm hoping my Cruise Critic friends can help me.  

Location, size of balcony and room size are the things that I consider as much as the price.  If anyone has a favorite cabin, other that a Suite (price is too high), please give me your recommendations.  Very much appreciated!!!!!!!

Barbara

Cabin 1075. It is the cabin that my wife and I took on that ship for our honeymoon. It has a very deep balcony because it is on the hump (my wife has Lupus, so a deep balcony out of the sun was paramount). It is concierge class and it is a great cabin for placement and for the extra large balcony.

• Like 2

As of now, we have chosen cabin 7305.  It is in the back, which we don't mind at all, but appears to have a larger balcony, and is in the Vs category. The Deluxe Verandas and Concierge Class were several hundred dollars more.  

Doe anyone have any pictures or information on this cabin?  thanks!!!!

Barbara

On 5/28/2022 at 7:05 AM, aml3679 said:

Avoid deck 12 this is where the pool deck is.

Respectfully disagree 100% (curious if you speak from experience).  We just spent 19 nights in 2146 on Silhouette---found this to be the most convenient cabin we've ever had.  Easy access to the pool---the cabins are separated from the pool area by the elevator lobby---no noise migrates to the halls. Oceanview was 1 flight up (which we heard NO noise from).  This cabin is way back, almost under the sliding doors that lead to the OVC outside dining area.  This balcony is larger then most (similar to the humps).

• Like 2

On 5/26/2022 at 4:21 AM, hisfirstm8 said:

As of now, we have chosen cabin 7305.  It is in the back, which we don't mind at all, but appears to have a larger balcony, and is in the Vs category. The Deluxe Verandas and Concierge Class were several hundred dollars more.  

Doe anyone have any pictures or information on this cabin?  thanks!!!!

Barbara

7305 does have a larger balcony. It’s the longest walk you can get without being in a true aft cabin. Quiet area of the ship too

LOL-- By the time you read all the posts, and decide which " one " to chose, it might be taken.

Make it simple---

Book any cabin on the " hump " on deck 9, 8 , or even 7 in the center of the ship and you will be happy. Forget the Concierge class-- Not worth the extra $$  (IMO ).

Also, the " regular " verandah cabins are also a pretty good size and a bit less $$.

Either way, the Silhouette is a great ship- excellent service , clean , etc.

( Off Topic )   If you want to try a Specialty restaurant ( extra $$ ) make a reservation at Murano---- we never had a bad meal there ---- Food, Service , exceptional.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:05 PM, capecodmercury said:

The other option if don't mind a slightly higher price are the sunset verandas (except for the ones just below Sunset Bar).  Slightly longer hike to get anywhere, but the Balconies are bigger and you can't beat the view over the wake.

The aft balconies are not all the same size on S class    Same size cabin but verandas are not uniform.  Had one wide one and then on next cruise on same ship a few months later, had smaller balcony.  

On 5/25/2022 at 6:16 PM, hisfirstm8 said:

Has anyone been in cabin 9292?

we were in 9283 - Norway Fjords cruise.  Happy with this floor - in the middle of most attractions, i.e. dinning room, theatre, shops, pool deck (though it was too cold for the pool) that we didn't have to take the lift most times.   Happy with our choice (concierge, was all that was available when we booked late, but nice boarding day lunch with wine and little extras throughout the cruise) 

Edited by sgmn

we have chosen 7305.  Should be quiet and hopefully a little larger balcony.  It is a regular veranda, so the price was much better.  No room available on the hump for our cruise that wasn't a deluxe veranda or CC class and both were over $1000 more.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Barbara