Coffee in Diamond Club Lounge

32 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The machine does not make regular coffee - just specialties such as lattes and cappuccinos. It also has hot water for teas.  But you are welcome to come and go anytime and use the machine as you wish. I get lattes to take with me often.

The lounge is open anytime but staffed by the Concierge typically in the morning between 8:00 - 11:30 and in the evening between 4:00 - 8:30 (hours may vary). 

The cocktail hour is between 5:00 -8:30 and as Diamond you will be issued four drink vouchers each daily with a value of $13 each for use anywhere on board (except Bionic Bar) during the day and at the DC for the cocktail hour. Canapes and other snacks are served during the cocktail hour and pastries and fruit in the AM.

Note that your vouchers expire daily and are renewed daily - they do not carry over.  They are also combinable - you can use yours for your wife and visa versa.  We typically cash out any remaining vouchers at night at a bar and take unopened canned beverages (beer, Truly, etc.) back to our stateroom cooler for another day.

Your best bet for regular coffee remains with Café Promenade / Café Latte-tude, Windjammer, or Solarium Bistro.

Congratulations on reaching Diamond!

They actually do make regular black coffee. Look for a button that says Americano.

Several different machines, but all are basically the same.

This is from Odyssey 

20220526_092331.thumb.jpg.2a9f8a863d6f1c2dc7fc114d75dda7b3.jpg

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They actually do make regular black coffee. Look for a button that says Americano.

Several different machines, but all are basically the same.

This is from Odyssey 

20220526_092331.thumb.jpg.2a9f8a863d6f1c2dc7fc114d75dda7b3.jpg

That is a different unit than on Anthem in April and as hard as I looked I could not find regular coffee anywhere as an option. It was one of their older push tab - not digital - models. The one you show is really quite nice!   

However, I guess maybe I shoulda asked??  LOL.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you require decaf, be careful as often  the "decaf" beans  are not decaf at all, and just a second bin of regular beans.  I know that is the case on Harmony.   I was told the decaf bin does NOT contain   decaf beans.  

Otherwise,  enjoy.  

Yikes!  They need to label that.  I know a number of folks that avoid caffeine for medical reasons but are fine drinking decaf.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you require decaf, be careful as often  the "decaf" beans  are not decaf at all, and just a second bin of regular beans.  I know that is the case on Harmony.   I was told the decaf bin does NOT contain   decaf beans.  

Otherwise,  enjoy.  

That would be really bad if true. Some people can't have caffeine for medical reasons.

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm sitting here drinking my Maxwell House, purchased at Sams Club, brewed in my $10 Mr. Coffee from a Black Friday sale, dreaming of that machine. 🤣 (Yes, I am frugal and proud.)

I buy specialty  beans and grind them. I boil water in an electric kettle and pour over them. Much better than other methods for regular coffee. For espresso drinks I leave those to a barista or my neice. She has an expensive machine she knows how to use. Those machines in the lounges are okay but they are machines. 

18 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Yikes!  They need to label that.  I know a number of folks that avoid caffeine for medical reasons but are fine drinking decaf.  

That would be me-so I  always ask.   They have regular decaf coffee and have offered to give me that with some milk/foam but I’d rather have a cappuccino.   On the ships I’ve  been on recently (Mariner, allure,  harmony) none of them actually had decaf beans in the machines.  They were all labeled incorrectly. 

I pay or use a voucher to get decaf cappuccino at Café Promenade.   I don’t need all the drinks they give me, so using one for a coffee is great. Before all day vouchers, I had to pay. 

m

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I buy specialty  beans and grind them. I boil water in an electric kettle and pour over them. Much better than other methods for regular coffee. For espresso drinks I leave those to a barista or my neice. She has an expensive machine she knows how to use. Those machines in the lounges are okay but they are machines. 

To each his own. I'm happy with the machine and WJ. Simple tastes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Very true.  It's not the finest espresso, but it's not bad.  I actually roast my own at home, but I enjoy what I can get when on the road (or the waves as the case may be).

20 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I wish someone did it at the end of the night so it's ready for the early birds like me.

I'm also up very early and it's either DL or cafe promenade for Americanos. My wife almost always wakes up before me so each night i take a thermos to one of the regular coffee machines and get her the starter coffee. Keeps her happy until I wake up and go get us the better coffee.

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That certainly looks like it!  Don't see a regular coffee option.  Is there one that I missed?

I have pics of other machines, but to lazy to search for them. Can't see Bikers picture

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have pics of other machines, but to lazy to search for them. Can't see Bikers picture

Then since, even as learned as you are, that you cannot prove the machine in question on Anthem has the coffee option available, I will assert authoritatively that, since I could not find it, it most certainly cannot have existed.  😁😉

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Then since, even as learned as you are, that you cannot prove the machine in question on Anthem has the coffee option available, I will assert authoritatively that, since I could not find it, it most certainly cannot have existed.  😁😉

Never sailed Anthem

But I'd wager there is a button that either says Americano or Cafe Americano. Probably in lower left corner

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But I'd wager there is a button that either says Americano or Cafe Americano. Probably in lower left corner

Like a few other things in the fleet, there are exceptions on some ships.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Like a few other things in the fleet, there are exceptions on some ships.

Absolutely,  but you would need to know that Americano means black coffee. Pretty sure I've seen at least 5 or 6 different versions of the espresso machines over the years.

The Odyssey ones are sweet, much easier to master than older ones.

Odd that I can't see your picture.

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks. Been in an ongoing conversation with someone on the ship now and she is my source for it not being available in the early AM since she's upset too (although we were referencing the SL not the DL). I'll try both if need be.

My usual routine (not usually in a suite) is to go to the DL very early for my coffee, grab some danish from Cafe Promenade, and have "pre-breakfast" while my much healthier wife goes running.

Love that "my much healthier wife goes running".

3 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

I'm also up very early and it's either DL or cafe promenade for Americanos. My wife almost always wakes up before me so each night i take a thermos to one of the regular coffee machines and get her the starter coffee. Keeps her happy until I wake up and go get us the better coffee.

What a sweet hubby. 

What a blessed lady.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Your best bet for regular coffee remains with Café Promenade / Café Latte-tude, Windjammer, or Solarium Bistro.

Congratulations on reaching Diamond!

I go to the Solarium Bistro for my regular coffee. 

• Like 1