Favorite ship?

Elsammo46

On 5/25/2022 at 4:20 PM, Elsammo46 said:

What is your favorite ship in NCL’s fleet and why? I’ve always been partial to the Escape

We enjoyed the Dawn like 4 times because it was out of Boston, easy to navigate.
Epic not quite so much but fun too.

Gem was great because of Jeff Hernandez our favorite activities staff guy wonderful!
The Bliss was amazing, dedicated comedy venue! Mojitos bar for dancing nightly.  Outstanding activities staff!
Parties out back at h20!
 The wings in osheanon pub!

NCL in general keeps us busy dancing and fun times! Can’t wait to next time! Recently went on RCL adventure and was decent but not enough activities too much karaoke! 

We've only been on 3: Pride of America, Encore & Breakaway. 

Loved all 3, and for different reasons:

POA was small and quaint, with superb service at every point.

Encore was huge and new, terrific service (not even half full probably helped) & the Observation Lounge is the BEST.

Breakaway was very nice, shows were exceptional, service good (they are seriously understaffed for the number of passengers). Pretty much a darker version of Encore w/o Observation Lounge.

Like trying to name your favorite child...

The GEM. An honorable mention for the DAWN. 

No selection for any Maga ships. (yet)

I have asked many cruisers the same question "What is your favorite ship"'.

And I have found that many name the first cruise ship they sailed on. 

The GEM was our first cruise ship fwiw

On 6/12/2022 at 2:55 PM, Harratine said:

Majesty.  That was sailing!  

Had two specialty restaurants, LaCucina and Le Bistro.  La Cucina was overflow for the buffet and the menu had the presidential section and Cooking Light.

Those were the days

That was our first NCL ship in 2000. I do remember the Cooking Light selections on the menu. It was so fast to get anywhere on board! But also that ship made my husband think he might never be able to cruise without getting sea sick. We were on a Southern Caribbean route and boy did that lil' ship rock! 

On 6/13/2022 at 1:41 AM, KeithJenner said:

The Spirit and the Escape, with the Jade a very close third.

Totally get it, even though they are SO different. The Spirit was the antidote to NCL's pre-Breakaway class cheesy, overly neon-decorated ships. The Escape is my current favorite ship, but the Spirit is still special.

I absolutely love the Escape! I've gone on Escape, Getaway, and Pearl.  What I love about each is the Spice H20, or the aft buffet area on Pearl.  For that reason, I am hesitant to go on Encore; I feel like I'd really miss the SpiceH2O area.  But I'm fixin' to go on Pearl in December, and that MIIIIIGHT just usurp Escape as my favorite! (We shall see!)

That's a hard question!  I've been lucky enough to have never been on one I didn't like.  🙂 This thread really shows that each of us have a different focus.  

Fav, I'm going with the Pearl because it had all the little things we love and a great staff. ❤️ 

Dawn is a close second, the unique pool deck was great.  It lacked the Great Outdoors which we really enjoy.

• Like 1

I have been on several NCL ships starting out with the Dawn when  was introduced, the Gem, Spirt, Jewel, and will be sailing on the Joy in 2  years after several cancelations of cruises by NCL.   Sailed on Dawn and Gen several times with the Gem I was introduced to the suites.

On the Spirit, some how I was able to sail in the owners suite.   There was just my girl friend and we did not know there were 2 bedrooms until  the 4th day when we were looking around our suite.

In all of the cruises I never had any complaints about anything or any staff