Does Bermuda accept the Emed test?

LB_NJ

Yes, they do accept the proctored eMed test.  I used a lab test, but my friend who was traveling with me used an eMed test.  I assisted her in taking the test and submitting it on Bermuda’s Travel Authority website.  Although I have heard that now it can just be presented at boarding and doesn’t need to be uploaded.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First, you no longer have to upload your test results to the Bermuda site.  You just have to fill out the form and upload your vaccine card.  Second, if RCI accepts the test, that's all you need, so yes, you're fine.

• Like 2

Yes.    I used  my eMed test.     Just one warning.   The copy you receive via e-mail is pasaword protected with your birthday mm-dd-yyyy    You have to open it and take a screenshot of it or download the one by logging on.   

I sent in mine not knowing and it was rejected because they couldn't open.   I resubmitted a non-protected one and received approval.   Processing is slow so submit early.   If you don't receive it within a day e-mail them or call their toll free number and they will process immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BND said:

First, you no longer have to upload your test results to the Bermuda site.  You just have to fill out the form and upload your vaccine card.  Second, if RCI accepts the test, that's all you need, so yes, you're fine.

I know, isn't that wonderful? Regulations changed just in time for our cruise on Thursday. 

bermuda changed their requirements last week.  While you will still need testing, you no longer have to send it to Bermuda to get the travel approval document.  Makes the process easier. Apply for the Bermuda travel authorization online 2 weeks before your cruise. Fill in form, attach vaccination records, and pay $40pp.  A few days before sailing, you will get email with the Travel Approval form.  We got ours a week before.  You still need testing. However, you no longer need to send it to Bermuda before sailing.  Bring your travel approval, test results, vax records, boarding pass, and passport to the embarkation.  Your credential will be checked at the dock. Testing for Bermuda can be a supervised PCR up to 4 days before cruise or a supervised antigen test 2 days before cruise.  Celebrity requires test 2 days before cruise.  You can use the antigen test for both Bermuda and Celebrity.  Plan ahead and schedule your testing.  I did rapid antigen test at CVS.  Had results quickly.  Have screenshot and also printed hard copy.   Good luck getting the before cruise stuff done. 

• Thanks 2

Interesting to hear about not having to upload certificate.  

The strange thing was when we were the first Celebrity Ship to Bermuda on the TA we all had our certificates but were never asked for them after boarding when we arrived in Bermuda.

We used that to sail there 22 May. Starting 24 May, one no longer has to upload test results. Most of those on our ship went thorough hell trying to get the TAs, so I am glad that it will be better for those going forward. Major hassle on the ship - CCL kept giving us conflicting info.

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting to hear about not having to upload certificate.  

The strange thing was when we were the first Celebrity Ship to Bermuda on the TA we all had our certificates but were never asked for them after boarding when we arrived in Bermuda.

Because you only really need the cert to board the ship.  Bermuda is trusting the cruise lines to verify them before boarding.  

I think some of the confusion with Covid testing for Bermuda is the requirements for Bermuda say the test result must include the travelers contact info.  Most of the testing documentation we’ve had doesn't include contact info and the Emed results do not either.  Sounds like this requirement isn’t being followed so hopefully all is good.  We use Emed too.

2C0A7CEE-63EF-447E-B5FE-9A9A7A003E02.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 11:43 AM, mcclarke1 said:

I think some of the confusion with Covid testing for Bermuda is the requirements for Bermuda say the test result must include the travelers contact info.  Most of the testing documentation we’ve had doesn't include contact info and the Emed results do not either.  Sounds like this requirement isn’t being followed so hopefully all is good.  We use Emed too.

2C0A7CEE-63EF-447E-B5FE-9A9A7A003E02.jpeg

You no longer need to upload your test results.

9 minutes ago, furgoon said:

Thank Richard from beyondships.com:

Cruise Reviewer: TA Process Is 'Annoying' - Bermuda Covid-19 Coronavirus News - Bernews

Original review cited in the paper:

Celebrity Summit Review 2701 (beyondships4.com)

You're giving far too  much credit to this particular person and their review. Cruise passengers were complaining about this for a year before the review was written. The complaints posted on Cruise Critic must number in the hundreds if not more.

This particular review was picked up by the press because its publication happened to  coincide with the opposition political party's decision to make the process a hot button issue.

• Like 1