How do I switch my dining preference?

Hi,

After my Navigator cruise this month, I want to switch to a set dining time.

Is there a way I can do this online? Or must I call Royal?  

Last time I called it was a 2-1/2 hour hold (it was late March -early April ).  How long are wait times via the phone now?

Thanks!

🛳🛳

Bobbi

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

After my Navigator cruise this month, I want to switch to a set dining time.

Is there a way I can do this online? Or must I call Royal?  

Last time I called it was a 2-1/2 hour hold (it was late March -early April ).  How long are wait times via the phone now?

Thanks!

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Just take care of it day 1 in MDR.

If you want to modify dining plans for an upcoming booked cruise you can email dining@rccl.com with your booking number, ship, sailing date, and dining request.  However with any new booking made on line you can select your dining preference during the booking process as it is one of the prompts.  If you book through a TA they can change it for you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If you want to modify dining plans for an upcoming booked cruise you can email dining@rccl.com with your booking number, ship, sailing date, and dining request.  However with any new booking made on line you can select your dining preference during the booking process as it is one of the prompts.  If you book through a TA they can change it for you.

Hi,

It’s a booked & paid in full cruise for September. I will use the email you suggested. Hopefully, I will receive a confirmation before we cruise. 

Thank you for your help.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Just take care of it day 1 in MDR.

Hi,

I was on a B2B on the Navigator.  Switching to Early Dinner (from My Time) on the second cruise could only happen if I wanted to sit at a large table with strangers, which I didn’t want to do.  So, I opted to eat at the Buffet when it opened each evening.

Anyway, I’d rather have this settled before we cruise.

Not having a full staff created a backlog with the My Time. Maybe by September this will all be in the past , who knows??

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandy toes said:

We had a 50min hold last week on Wed. 

You cannot do it on line and do need to call. 

We changed ours to. 

That beats the 2-1/2 hour the last time I called! 😁

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Email work. I just did it not too long ago 

14 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Tweet them. Took 2 mins to send the message and they came back an hour later confirming it was changed. 

Yeah, my email to the address recommended was returned too. I have never used tweet. So, I guess I’m stuck with the phone. But appreciate the suggestions everyone.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Yeah, my email to the address recommended was returned too. I have never used tweet. So, I guess I’m stuck with the phone. But appreciate the suggestions everyone.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

The correct email address is  rcldining@rccl.com   That one will work

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Called them last week for the same thing   Was on phone less than 5 minutes which included on hold time   Was easy to switch to traditional and have email confirmation sent back to me

18 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

I prefer to book myself, but thanks for the information. 🙂

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Of course, everyone has their own preferences...just wanted people who do choose to use TAs that this is something they can ask them to do 🙂

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, molly361 said:

The correct email address is  rcldining@rccl.com   That one will work

I sent a request to this address last night and already had a response email this morning. 

• Like 1

Why? The staff is waiting in the MDR with their computer. You can even see where the table is before agreeing. Never had a problem. 

We had a problem due to understaffing in the MDR .  Per our Head Waiter, not my opinion. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, but on this Navigator cruise in May, it limited the table selection to a large table.

Yes, this is just my experience. So, I wanted to make sure it was all taken care of before hand.

I went ahead and called RCCL this morning. I was happily surprised that I only had a momentary wait too … Yippie!

We now have 5:00pm MDR early dining on our September cruise. 😃😃

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Like 1

Why? The staff is waiting in the MDR with their computer. You can even see where the table is before agreeing. Never had a problem. 

Because there aren't always open tables available to change to.  That's why waitlists are created sometimes....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Plain and simple there isn’t always availability.  Pre-covid early dining was always more popular than late in the US. Can you make a fuss - sure.

You can probably get late set dining but most people want mid-dining or at least flexible, which is why they choose MTD in the first place. Their second choice would probably be early set dining, (unless in Europe).

It is only since cruising resumed that MTD has become a problem. If someone was willing to change to late set dining then it is probably a non-issue because MTD isn’t a problem for those willing to dine later.

ironically the only sailing I booked really late (pre-Covid) and was unable to get MTD, I was awarded early dining for some inexplicable reason, and despite visits to Head Waiter on Day 1 I was told no alternatives were available - not MTD (first choice), not late dining (second choice). It was a 5-night sailing and like OP and I chose specialty dining and buffet instead.r